FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Points gone in merge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925938-points-gone-merge.html)

hotelfanatic Aug 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Is not a browser thing... I went on different computers and ipads that I never logged into and have the same results. They might as well hire off shore ppl to manually move accounts instead of doing the "EY" way. Who is the dumb A that hire EY anyway when there are lots more savvy tech companies that does data migration and integration.

yyznomad Aug 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic (Post 30117708)
Is not a browser thing... I went on different computers and ipads that I never logged into and have the same results. They might as well hire off shore ppl to manually move accounts instead of doing the "EY" way. Who is the dumb A that hire EY anyway when there are lots more savvy tech companies that does data migration and integration.

I guess I missed reading about EY doing this migration... interesting, and somewhat not surprising.

jchock1 Aug 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Had 500k+ Starwood points, now zero.

jchock1 Aug 24, 2018 7:19 am

They are now saying they hope to have my points back in 7-10 days. In the meantime I can't book holiday award tickets. What a clusterf*ck.

somekindahate Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jchock1 (Post 30124294)
They are now saying they hope to have my points back in 7-10 days. In the meantime I can't book holiday award tickets. What a clusterf*ck.

Are just your points missing or are your yearly and lifetime stay counts also zeroed out and/or inaccurate?

I'm guessing I'm in the same boat as you, all my points are gone, but all of my stays are all zeroed out as well.

zymm Aug 24, 2018 4:24 pm

My favorite part of this whole debacle, they're still running their website satisfaction popup survey! 'How was your experience on marriott.com today?'

I'm pretty happy that I moved all my SPG points over a couple weeks before the merger, but I am still missing points/nights for recent stays and my reservations keep disappearing and reappearing, so hope they're all still ok

hotelfanatic Aug 24, 2018 10:30 pm

SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. As we work to improve the website and mobile app, you may experience intermittent delays or outages between the hours of 12 am Saturday to 4 am EST Saturday. Thank you for your patience.

Are they F kidding!!!! Looks like they are in UAT stage and we are the UAT testers. Where can I write a defect!

Marriott, you guys screwed up big time. Many of us still don't have our spg points/stays/reservations after 1 week go live. Now I can't even login to spg.com since there is no option to login

DrMilano Aug 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic (Post 30127137)
SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. As we work to improve the website and mobile app, you may experience intermittent delays or outages between the hours of 12 am Saturday to 4 am EST Saturday. Thank you for your patience.

Are they F kidding!!!! Looks like they are in UAT stage and we are the UAT testers. Where can I write a defect!

Marriott, you guys screwed up big time. Many of us still don't have our spg points/stays/reservations after 1 week go live. Now I can't even login to spg.com since there is no option to login

Its a fitting that Marriott/SPG rewards program is behind Hilton and Hyatt under the FT hotel program sub-menu. What a joke this been! How much time did these clowns have to plan this out? The new program name in 2019 should be "Three Ring Circus".

porphyra Aug 26, 2018 2:32 pm

So now my account shows 286 points from points posted from my Amex SPG card. So clearly they are not having issues posting new points. But still missing over 50k+ points from the merge. The issue is they don't seem to have any good answer to why this happened or when, or if, they every will get it fixed. Worrisome to say the least.

EDIT: Got through to a CSR. They don't seem to think anything is/should be amiss. They are investigating but honestly the woman on the phone seemed to think there was no issue at all. She checked my Marriott account and thought she solved the issue when she saw 150K+ points there, until I told her that that was always my Marriott Balance and has nothing to do with my SPG points! After that they always seem to get "disconnected". :(

pvn Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 30111330)
I am missing nights as well. I had 24 SPG nights so far this year, I started the merge and it shows 13 "lifetime" nights. I bailed on the merge process at that point, and tried logging into spg.com with my "new" spg number and it shows 13 nights for 2018 so far. :|

Update, the missing stays that make up the 11 missing nights are now showing up in my (unmerged) spg account (using the new number), but it's still saying I only have 13 nights for 2018. Points seem to be correct.

hotelfanatic Aug 27, 2018 8:05 am

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 30132596)
Update, the missing stays that make up the 11 missing nights are now showing up in my (unmerged) spg account (using the new number), but it's still saying I only have 13 nights for 2018. Points seem to be correct.

What is this "New number"? Is this a work around because my spg number is not allowing me to login. When I sent for a password reset, spg send me a link to my Marriott acct. I am on hold for last 15 mins and still waiting for CSR.

What a freakin mess. Have they fired the IT team yet?

Denvercccc Aug 27, 2018 8:29 am

I had no *wood but 776K MR points. My Credit card was cut and I was checking to see if the points posted and my balance is 0! I my lifetime PlatPremier now show Plat and I have 0 nights and 0 points!

gimmedub Aug 27, 2018 9:06 am

Looks like not only do you need to combine you need to merge accounts as well - https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi

pvn Aug 27, 2018 9:38 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic (Post 30134692)
What is this "New number"? Is this a work around because my spg number is not allowing me to login. When I sent for a password reset, spg send me a link to my Marriott acct. I am on hold for last 15 mins and still waiting for CSR.

What a freakin mess. Have they fired the IT team yet?

When I tried to log in with my SPG number it told me I have a new 9-digit number. Logging in with that number and my old SPG password worked fine.

ExArkie Aug 27, 2018 11:18 am

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 30135068)
When I tried to log in with my SPG number it told me I have a new 9-digit number. Logging in with that number and my old SPG password worked fine.

How does one find out what the "new number" is? When I try to log into my SPG account, all I get is a message that what I put in isn't correct. Sorted back through all of the e-mails since June (last SPG stay) and found nothing that says I have a new account number.