FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Points gone in merge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925938-points-gone-merge.html)

Absolute Aug 20, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lallied (Post 30104295)
I seem to have lost a number of nights and a while bing of points when merged.

From what I've read - and experienced - it looks like SPG is missing the last 30 days of history. It has my last activity on July 17th, while I have had 12 nights since then....

Jebby_ca Aug 20, 2018 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Absolute (Post 30104789)
From what I've read - and experienced - it looks like SPG is missing the last 30 days of history. It has my last activity on July 17th, while I have had 12 nights since then....

I have weird gaps in my stay history for 2018. My last stay (Aug 15 - 17) posted, but the stay before (July 26) did not. I have to go through my spreadsheet and compare what's missing to what has been transferred since I'm missing at least 3 nights.

Blootch Aug 20, 2018 7:38 am

I’m missing all of my SPG nights, given I only had earned 3 and received 5 from the Amex card...but still.

Absolute Aug 20, 2018 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 30104815)
I have weird gaps in my stay history for 2018. My last stay (Aug 15 - 17) posted, but the stay before (July 26) did not. I have to go through my spreadsheet and compare what's missing to what has been transferred since I'm missing at least 3 nights.

I just noticed this link below the "Latest Activity" heading: View previous SPG activity (prior to 8/18/2018)

When I click on it, it opens a new window with the good old SPG activity list, which does show all my point accumulations and stays - but also mentions the points are displayed at the original SPG earning rate, not at the x3 conversion. So that might be a good spot to make sure that SPG still lists them, while Marriott missed them.

Jebby_ca Aug 20, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Absolute (Post 30104831)
I just noticed this link below the "Latest Activity" heading: View previous SPG activity (prior to 8/18/2018)

When I click on it, it opens a new window with the good old SPG activity list, which does show all my point accumulations and stays - but also mentions the points are displayed at the original SPG earning rate, not at the x3 conversion. So that might be a good spot to make sure that SPG still lists them, while Marriott missed them.

That stupid pop-up window is annoying - having to page through it 16 records at the time is slow going since each transaction was a separate record on the SPG side (1 for stay credit, 1 for platinum credit, 1 for plat-75 credit, etc.). My SPG history though, is correct.

The list of transferred activities isn't much better to navigate. For some reason, I can't display all my activity, I can only see 5 records at a time.

I have my spreadsheet which I know is accurate, so I will follow up in another day or 2 if things don't resolve themselves. Given how the weekend has gone though, I don't think anything will get fixed.

Horace Aug 20, 2018 7:55 am

To everyone here who has an SPG account and a Rewards account and is concerned that their SPG points and nights have disappeared because signing in at SPG.com only shows Marriott Rewards points and nights:

— Unless you are one of the few who has taken action to combine your accounts while this function was briefly available online, you still have both accounts. The programs have been combined, while retaining three loyalty program brands, but member accounts have not been combined automatically.

Marriott.com and SPG.com are now the same website, running on the same domain (Marriott.com), just with different branding. Unfortunately, browser cookies, the site's "Remember Me" function, and stored IDs & passwords (for example, in the Apple keychain) are causing confusion.

— When you sign in at SPG.com, your browser might use your Marriott ID and password, so you'll see your Marriott Rewards account, but with SPG branding.

— To see your SPG account, make sure you're fully logged out from the website and that "Remember me" is not checked. You may have to uncheck "Remember me" and then log in and out again.

— To see your SPG account, enter your SPG account number and password. Do not rely on stored account IDs or passwords. Do not rely on your email address as your ID if you use the same email ID for both accounts. You should now see your SPG account. Your old account balance will have been multiplied by 3.

— When you subsequently go to Marriott.com, you might encounter the same problem in reverse. It's the same solution in reverse.

— Don't try to be signed in to SPG and Marriott Rewards at the same time with the same browser.

As you might guess, I had the same problem. The solution above worked for me. I use a Safari under MacOS. Now, when I want to sign in to SPG or Marriott and I click in the "Email or Member Number" field, Safari gives a choice of both account numbers. In this case, I'm relying on Safari, not on Marriott's "Remember me" feature. Your experience might be different with other browsers and operating systems.

illico Aug 20, 2018 7:58 am

i updated the SPG app on my iPhone. It still has all my SPG information. I updated the Marriott app to and it is only showing my Marriott info. Perhaps you can check your totals there while the tech piece is still being sorted out?

mtftw Aug 20, 2018 8:08 am

Somehow, my new Starwood number was assigned and dispatched without me ever knowing what it was. This made logging in with my old SPG number impossible. I ended up doing a password reset on the "SPG" site (and just set the value to the same thing it was before) and now I'm able to login and view my historic SPG data and upcoming reservations.

tirk44 Aug 20, 2018 8:12 am

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 30103732)
Having been through a half dozen core system migrations for F100 companies, I'm not going to "freak out" for quite some time. I'd wager that a majority of issues will be addressed.

I expected a higher venn diagram between the FT community and those (consultants) who have done big system conversions :)

Another data point that logging into SPG via incognito mode works fine. I got my new SPG to Marriott number there which is reassuring.
I'll feel better when my merged lifetime PP status shows up but looks like things are on the right track.

hotelfanatic Aug 20, 2018 8:24 am

A huge screw up!!!! Who is the integrator?

AdeAhmed Aug 20, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by pageboy (Post 30104121)

I’m in the boat. Cancelled and rebooked Marriott with no problem- and in a parallel transaction, SPG ate my points.

Originally Posted by slariz (Post 30104269)

Systems seem to be back up (can login again) but still no points from a cancelation yesterday morning. Been 24 hours now and fear I won’t see them until transition totally complete and can get someone on the phone. Ugh. Really want to be using these points right now.

Same thing happened to me...cancelled an spg points booking, but points not refunded yet

thankfully have some time before I need to use em, but still

porphyra Aug 20, 2018 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Horace (Post 30104898)
To everyone here who has an SPG account and a Rewards account and is concerned that their SPG points and nights have disappeared because signing in at SPG.com only shows Marriott Rewards points and nights:

— Unless you are one of the few who has taken action to combine your accounts while this function was briefly available online, you still have both accounts. The programs have been combined, while retaining three loyalty program brands, but member accounts have not been combined automatically.

— Marriott.com and SPG.com are now the same website, running on the same domain (Marriott.com), just with different branding. Unfortunately, browser cookies, the site's "Remember Me" function, and stored IDs & passwords (for example, in the Apple keychain) are causing confusion.

— When you sign in at SPG.com, your browser might use your Marriott ID and password, so you'll see your Marriott Rewards account, but with SPG branding.

— To see your SPG account, make sure you're fully logged out from the website and that "Remember me" is not checked. You may have to uncheck "Remember me" and then log in and out again.

— To see your SPG account, enter your SPG account number and password. Do not rely on stored account IDs or passwords. Do not rely on your email address as your ID if you use the same email ID for both accounts. You should now see your SPG account. Your old account balance will have been multiplied by 3.

— When you subsequently go to Marriott.com, you might encounter the same problem in reverse. It's the same solution in reverse.

— Don't try to be signed in to SPG and Marriott Rewards at the same time with the same browser.

As you might guess, I had the same problem. The solution above worked for me. I use a Safari under MacOS. Now, when I want to sign in to SPG or Marriott and I click in the "Email or Member Number" field, Safari gives a choice of both account numbers. In this case, I'm relying on Safari, not on Marriott's "Remember me" feature. Your experience might be different with other browsers and operating systems.

This doesn't work for me. I manage to log into my SPG account, but still see 0 points. My Ritz-carlton (Marriott) account still shows my old balance. I have lost 50K+ SPG points somewhere in the middle.

PTahCha Aug 20, 2018 8:59 am

I was able to access both accounts, and point balance was correct. What's interesting is, as a legacy SPG LTP, my Marriott account is showing lifetime status, while my new SPG account is showing just platinum (not lifetime).

Atlantico Aug 20, 2018 9:08 am

Is it no longer possible to transfer points in-between accounts like before SPG to Marriott and vise-versa?
I had the impression that after 18th august both accounts would be merged and points combined, now I cancelled an award and have the points on the SPG account and the others on my Marriott account, so can't use them to have a bigger award redemption.

santydrak Aug 20, 2018 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Atlantico (Post 30105206)
Is it no longer possible to transfer points in-between accounts like before SPG to Marriott and vise-versa?
I had the impression that after 18th august both accounts would be merged and points combined, now I cancelled an award and have the points on the SPG account and the others on my Marriott account, so can't use them to have a bigger award redemption.

A Member with individual membership accounts in more than one loyalty program (e.g. the Marriott Rewards Program and the SPG Program) will not be able to link these accounts, transfer points across accounts, or have Elite Status matched across the Legacy Programs. The accounts will remain separate until the Member chooses to combine them into a single Membership Account with one number, one Elite Status, and one Points balance. This can be done only by combining the accounts on the Combine Accounts page.Combining loyalty program accounts cannot be done at Participating Properties or through the Mobile App, Customer Engagement Centers, or other booking channels.