FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Points gone in merge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925938-points-gone-merge.html)

chenalex Aug 21, 2018 3:08 pm

I merged and now i cant log into the spg app. but I'm still missing SPG nights

pvn Aug 21, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm not surprised that some of the data is inconsistent at this stage. What is a bit concerning is that the types of inconsistencies that are being reported here are inconsistent. I am having trouble imagining what would cause the types of problems we're hearing about.

porphyra Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Sigh. SPG points still at 0. Keep getting the wait 24 hours every 24 hours. I wonder what the issues are. I was hoping to book a trip for the week after labor day. Now am not sure if my points will be available at all to do so.

The CSR said that the accounts are still being "Harmonized" and this might be expected. I assume he is likely parroting a line, but it is worrisome that only a few members are reporting a balance of 0. Most have to do with lifetime nights or nights this year or refund points.

How many different issues can they possibly come up with?

dcstudent Aug 21, 2018 4:49 pm

STILL missing 11 nights, LT Status still wrong, and missing stay/night/points from a stay checking out 8/18. Finally got through to a CSR, told these are all known issues, should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours....And I gotta be honest, I don't believe this at all. So far the only thing that got fixed is they switched my earning back to points (somehow in the switchover it was switched to Delta points)....

Meshal Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by somekindahate (Post 30111322)
App and website showing 0 points and incorrect totals for 2018. I am on hold with customer service.

They don't seem to be aware of the issues for people like me where all my SPG points are gone. Unfortunately I never took a screenshot, but I have an SPG email that had my points totals from right before the merge.

The only thing correct in my new SPG account is Platinum status, but that's irrelevant with my missing points and excluding pending 20k Amex SPG points that closed in August

I have the exact same issue. I sent them an email yesterday still no response. I need to book a points stay for September and I hope this will be corrected soon.

angelicious Aug 22, 2018 3:29 am

Originally Posted by porphyra (Post 30112572)
Sigh. SPG points still at 0. Keep getting the wait 24 hours every 24 hours. I wonder what the issues are. I was hoping to book a trip for the week after labor day. Now am not sure if my points will be available at all to do so.

The CSR said that the accounts are still being "Harmonized" and this might be expected. I assume he is likely parroting a line, but it is worrisome that only a few members are reporting a balance of 0. Most have to do with lifetime nights or nights this year or refund points.

How many different issues can they possibly come up with?

After the latest app update, it shows 0 point and 0 night in both app and website. No idea who to refer to at this point.

Explorer789 Aug 22, 2018 3:37 am

Didn't even know this was an issue until I saw this thread. Resetting the password fixed the issue with points not showing for me.

somekindahate Aug 22, 2018 5:44 am

Even better, as of this morning, I cannot even login to the website or app for both Marriott and SPG accounts. App doesn't show any error message, just stays on login screen. Website is showing "We are unable to process your request as this time due to an unprocessable condition."

ymx Aug 22, 2018 10:56 am

Deleted

Horace Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am

There seem to be two entirely different things going on in this topic.

1. Some members who have Rewards and SPG accounts sign in at SPG.com, see only their Rewards account nights and points, assume their accounts have been merged into a single account, and conclude that their SPG account nights and points are gone. The reality is that they still have two separate accounts. The solution is to sign in with each account number separately, instead of using "remembered" sign-in values in the browser window (this sometimes requires dealing with browser cookie issues).

2. Some members seem to have fewer nights and points in their SPG account than they expect. There could be a genuine problem with the account, or the member could be mistaken.

Intermittendly, it's not possible to sign in at all. This just requires waiting until the system returns.

ChrisA330 Aug 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm affected by this issue as well. My SPG account shows 0 points, however my Account Activity is populated correctly.

Signing in using my new SPG account #, removing remember me etc is not solving the issue for me.

somekindahate Aug 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I don't think anyone here is confused with the separate SPG and Marriott accounts which was initially causing some people to think their points were missing. There appears to be a small amount of people who have zero points when they should have more.

My newly migrated SPG account is completely wrong. It is not missing only recent stays, it is missing all my stays from 2018, all my lifetime stays, and I all my points.

somekindahate Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

If you look at my account when attempting to merge, everything in my SPG column is wrong. I am missing over 350,000 points and all of my stays.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6773e7747c.jpg

ChrisA330 Aug 22, 2018 12:27 pm

Doing the same for me, everything is messed up, and out of sync. I look one place and my SPG account says one thing, but I go somewhere else and it's different. The only thing that's correct is my Marriott points balance, and my SPG Free Night Cert. What a cluster.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9c3bb6a709.png

porphyra Aug 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Yup same issue. My SPG points are at 0 but my nights are correct. My Marriott points are correct, as well as my nights and my new Platinum Elite Status. To clarify: technically I am a Ritz-Carlton member so my account shows under that portal.

I don't want to merge anything until my SPG points are back because who knows then what will happen.

It definitely isn't a browser thing. I used a totally different browser in which I had never signed in to SPG/Marriott to sign into SPG. So there is no caching going on.

SPG clearly has some issue here with the harmonizing of user accounts.