FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Points gone in merge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925938-points-gone-merge.html)

Absolute Aug 21, 2018 8:22 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30108410)
For you guys missing points (some, most, or all), have you checked the respective apps?

Yes, the SPG App matches my online SPG account, with my last activity showing as July 17th. Both show 44 nights instead of the 56 they should be, although the website states that my last qualifying activity was in 2020 :rolleyes:

david55 Aug 21, 2018 9:31 am

So this morning points are still missing but I was demoted from Platinum to Gold Elite overnight. ( Probably rightly so since my status is Amex Plat. based.)

xzh445 Aug 21, 2018 9:46 am

Has ANYONE been able to see "Stays Year to date" on their new account number? I am laying low on the lifetime status to catch up, but am currently on my 25th stay, with 26th on Thursday. Would love to have it show Platinum status, but not holding my breath. The new site only shows Nights Year to Date... (and of course it is missing last week's activity) Hope it all gets "caught up". Not merging accounts til it is sorted out.

jmd001 Aug 21, 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by santydrak (Post 30105250)
.... This can be done only by combining the accounts on the Combine Accounts page.

I thought I had combined my Marriott and SPG accounts prior to the Aug 18th transition. However, it appears I did not. As a result, data from my SPG account were transferred to a new Marriott account rather than to my existing Marriott account. The Combine Accounts page still states "COMING SOON" (no active link). Anyone know when the function will start working?

Jebby_ca Aug 21, 2018 10:15 am

Originally Posted by jmd001 (Post 30110633)
I thought I had combined my Marriott and SPG accounts prior to the Aug 18th transition. However, it appears I did not. As a result, data from my SPG account were transferred to a new Marriott account rather than to my existing Marriott account. The Combine Accounts page still states "COMING SOON" (no active link). Anyone know when the function will start working?

You linked your accounts previously, before 18-Aug-2018, which gave you reciprocal status and the ability to transfer points between the programs. That linking did not combine/merge your Marriott and SPG accounts.

Your SPG account details were transferred to the Marriott platform, with a new SPG number that conforms to Marriott's standards.

There is another thread with a direct link to the combine accounts page that is working in the main Marriott, Starwood and Ritz-Carlton forum.

silentbob1974 Aug 21, 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by betterbydesign (Post 30106393)
  • We are all missing our AMEX card nights

My nights total for 2018 is now accurate, except for this.

jmd001 Aug 21, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 30110688)
You linked your accounts previously, before 18-Aug-2018, which gave you reciprocal status and the ability to transfer points between the programs. That linking did not combine/merge your Marriott and SPG accounts.

Your SPG account details were transferred to the Marriott platform, with a new SPG number that conforms to Marriott's standards.

There is another thread with a direct link to the combine accounts page that is working in the main Marriott, Starwood and Ritz-Carlton forum.

Thanks! Completely missed that thread in my searching. Combining process was easy and worked perfectly.

somekindahate Aug 21, 2018 11:30 am

Has anyone with zero SPG points since the IT upgrade gotten this resolved? Marriott has removed the status notice warning at the top of the website and the status website is showing everything is OK

I had over 120k SPG points prior to the merge which is now 0 and has none of my stay details other than 15 credited from one of my Amex cards.

Essentially my account appears to have been completely reset from a stays and points perspective

pbiflyer Aug 21, 2018 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 30110688)

Thanks for this. It worked (after I logged out of the SPG one anyway).

My Starwood upcoming stays aren't showing up yet. I missed it, was that one of the things that takes time?

dcstudent Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30108410)
For you guys missing points (some, most, or all), have you checked the respective apps?

yep and SPG app is showing some as website. Still short 11 nights and showing 0 lifetime status instead of LTG. 4 days and counting.

somekindahate Aug 21, 2018 12:14 pm

App and website showing 0 points and incorrect totals for 2018. I am on hold with customer service.

They don't seem to be aware of the issues for people like me where all my SPG points are gone. Unfortunately I never took a screenshot, but I have an SPG email that had my points totals from right before the merge.

The only thing correct in my new SPG account is Platinum status, but that's irrelevant with my missing points and excluding pending 20k Amex SPG points that closed in August

pvn Aug 21, 2018 12:15 pm

I am missing nights as well. I had 24 SPG nights so far this year, I started the merge and it shows 13 "lifetime" nights. I bailed on the merge process at that point, and tried logging into spg.com with my "new" spg number and it shows 13 nights for 2018 so far. :|

cricketer Aug 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I've held off merging, but disturbingly, under Lifetime status, my SPG app shows "Next Tier: Lifetime Silver Elite". Given that I've been Lifetime SPG Gold for a few years, I'm concerned about merging and losing something in the process. I suppose it won't really matter because once you combine my nights, I'll have well over 400 nights and 18 years, with 13 as platinum, so I'll "re-earn" it at worst. Only 180 nights to go to Lifetime Platinum... that's about 15-20 years at my current rate of accumulation!

longtimeflyin Aug 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 30112078)
I've held off merging, but disturbingly, under Lifetime status, my SPG app shows "Next Tier: Lifetime Silver Elite". Given that I've been Lifetime SPG Gold for a few years, I'm concerned about merging and losing something in the process. I suppose it won't really matter because once you combine my nights, I'll have well over 400 nights and 18 years, with 13 as platinum, so I'll "re-earn" it at worst. Only 180 nights to go to Lifetime Platinum... that's about 15-20 years at my current rate of accumulation!

Almost everyone I know who is a LT Gold is in the same boat.

Howard Aug 21, 2018 3:07 pm

On both the website and the app, I am missing 6 nights from my YTD total nights. Should I call to report the issue, or should I assume it will be fixed in the next few days?