Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I am affected. I have 60 nights legacy Marriott for 2018 and need to reach 75 nights to get my 10th year of combined Platinum in order to qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier status in January.

You’ve confirmed that meetings booked and held before Aug 18 will receive elite credit as per the old T&C, which is pretty obvious to me, too. So I am assuming once Marriott gets its IT sorted, you will receive your elite credits for those meetings. All discussions to the contrary aren’t going to change the IT mess delaying that nor the ultimate outcome.

Of course it’s an IT issue. There are so many IT issues now that it should be obvious.

It’s not a conspiracy.
Bill you're good - if you have 50+ Marriott legacy nights, that's Gold, which means Plat in the new program, and they have confirmed to us in writing that this counts as one of the 10 Plat years

(though I admit I still covered my tracks with getting to 75 MR nights just in case...)
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:49 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Bill you're good - if you have 50+ Marriott legacy nights, that's Gold, which means Plat in the new program, and they have confirmed to us in writing that this counts as one of the 10 Plat years

(though I admit I still covered my tracks with getting to 75 MR nights just in case...)
I still need the extra 15 Marriott nights. I confirmed that already with my Ambassador. But I’m sure I’ll get them. I already had 6 nights at RC/JW booked; I’ll either book more and/or make some cat 2-3 award bookings to get the rest.

But it would’ve been nice to just pick up 10 nights with a cheap meeting like so many obviously did.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I still need the extra 15 Marriott nights. I confirmed that already with my Ambassador. But I’m sure I’ll get them. I already had 6 nights at RC/JW booked; I’ll either book more and/or make some cat 2-3 award bookings to get the rest.

But it would’ve been nice to just pick up 10 nights with a cheap meeting like so many obviously did.
I think your ambassador got it wrong, but check the numbers again. I believe your pre-merger Gold earned you another year of Platinum already. But I can see the desire to push on. I am 10 nights shy of MR LPT with plenty of points. I will have over 1300 nights and well over 10 years as Plat to get MPG LTPP once I combine my accounts and they do the sweep. I really don't want to spend money on unneeded stays/meetings so holding off.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by samwise6222
EVENT DATES: 08/11/2018 - 08/11/2018

DATE POSTED: 08/30/2018

BASE POINTS EARNED: 240
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 60
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 300
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS:

Mine posted with 0 nights. Boo

Hi - how long did it take for this to post AFTER your event?
I booked 7 days ago and I haven't gotten this email yet.

Thanks ahead.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by samwise6222
EVENT DATES: 08/11/2018 - 08/11/2018

DATE POSTED: 08/30/2018

BASE POINTS EARNED: 240
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 60
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 300
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS:

Mine posted with 0 nights. Boo
Originally Posted by mymikeole
Hi - how long did it take for this to post AFTER your event?
I booked 7 days ago and I haven't gotten this email yet.

Thanks ahead.
Looks like 19 days to me. But then the merge could have influenced the days.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Well, a weird thing happened to me. I had an event that completed in early August that had over 200 Room Nights...It posted just today, despite the hotel posting it to the GPT over two weeks ago. And it posted as 4 separate events, rather than 1. I imagine the hotel did that for some reason.

1. It seems like the posting, even though it was for an event that was both completed and posted before Aug. 18, posted under the new guidelines. As in, there weren't 10 nights awarded per event, but rather 2 (50 nights per "event").

2. The points that posted look to be under the new rules, as well.

So while I'm marginally upset that I got 8 Elite Nights instead of 10, I DID get twice the points. So, I imagine this isn't something I want to call in to get fixed, because I feel like I came out ahead. But weird that the system posted it like that.

Last edited by DMPHL; Aug 31, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott
I have communicated with a Marriott Guest Experience Supervisor through emails and I feel so upset from his answer. He wrote that in the old program, "Members earn 10 Elite Night Credits per event and then one Elite Night Credit for every 20 rooms booked and actualized, up to a maximum of 20 Elite Night Credits per contract.​" Per contract does not mean the contract states you will receive the maximum permitted by the Terms and Conditions. It means you may receive up to that amount per contract you and the hotel's representative with whom you worked have agreed and signed off on.

Since I directly booked my meetings on the Marriott rewarding event website and never signed contracts. I am truly confused and feel hurt by his answer. Truly need someone that can help us.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:23 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by wt286021788
I have communicated with a Marriott Guest Experience Supervisor through emails and I feel so upset from his answer. He wrote that in the old program, "Members earn 10 Elite Night Credits per event and then one Elite Night Credit for every 20 rooms booked and actualized, up to a maximum of 20 Elite Night Credits per contract.​" Per contract does not mean the contract states you will receive the maximum permitted by the Terms and Conditions. It means you may receive up to that amount per contract you and the hotel's representative with whom you worked have agreed and signed off on.

Since I directly booked my meetings on the Marriott rewarding event website and never signed contracts. I am truly confused and feel hurt by his answer. Truly need someone that can help us.
how many EQN were you expecting ? Under the old terms the min. EQN should be 10 which anything beyond that is dependent on how many rooms (if any) your event utilised. Hence the agent statement is not wrong.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mingzie
Its nothing to do with stays not posting. Anyone who booked their first meeting of the year received their 10 nights. This has been specifically coded in by Marriott to exclude any meetings beyond the first. They've had more than a year to code in this one line condition (yes its one line of code saying if meeting date less than merger date).

​​​its not a conspiracy that Marriott are not handling it for us and brushing us off. And looking at all the other issues where they screwed customers, ain't nothing gonna happen unless you make noise. They will gladly give their customers the short end of the stick.

Telling us to stop since you weren't affected by the issue when its real money we're all spending here (regardless of how small it is relative to your point of view as it includes those who spent thousands) is pointless.

We've had rep confirmation that all meetings ​​​​​​booked and taking place before the merger will have old t and c honoured.

is it an IT issue? Possibly, who knows. But it doesnt matter, were losing out on benefits that we've earned every day that this isn't handled for us. For some its 'meh', for others its a 5 night $700 rack rate suite upgrade given to a PP instead.
It’s gotta be an IT issue. As you said, it seems they’ve coded it to only receive nights after the first meeting. But they set it up to start based on when the meeting posted, not when it actually occurred, which makes no sense. (Then of course there are also those that booked meetings prior to the 18th that occurred after the 18th which may be a tougher battle).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also believe the agent got it wrong. Sounds like they are making up rules to match the error instead of finding out what is right and do the work to get it fixed. This is a common problem with support these days across many industries. I would escalate the issue with Marriott and hopefully get the agent updated.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by xar

how many EQN were you expecting ? Under the old terms the min. EQN should be 10 which anything beyond that is dependent on how many rooms (if any) your event utilised. Hence the agent statement is not wrong.
The agent said up to 10 elite nights for a meeting, need to negotiate with the representative at the hotel. Do you still think his statement is right?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I also believe the agent got it wrong. Sounds like they are making up rules to match the error instead of finding out what is right and do the work to get it fixed. This is a common problem with support these days across many industries. I would escalate the issue with Marriott and hopefully get the agent updated.
Thank you so much! Look forward to your update.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Does the hotel still need to use the posting tool for these events?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:17 am
xar

The agent said up to 10 elite nights for a meeting, need to negotiate with the representative at the hotel. Do you still think his statement is right?
The 10 EQN is guaranteed for holding the meeting as part of the "Rewarding Events" Program. This number is not proratable.
​​​​​​The "up to" statement should apply for the rooms that were booked, as part of this meeting which could be a value between 0 to 20
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:18 am
xar

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Does the hotel still need to use the posting tool for these events?
Yup. GPT v2.0 - Screwing FTs who held meetings since Aug 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.