Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
lol so for the meetings that I booked and paid earlier this year, but doesn't occur until later this year, I get nothing? (like I am talking about a $20k meeting here...)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott
Hello, I meet the same case as others. I held four meetings before 08/18. The first one was posted on 08/17 and I successfully received 10 elite nights. Then the second and the third, held at the same hotel but separate dates, were posted yesterday, only points. I contacted Marriott rewards by calling, the rep checked the old term and finally confirmed that I will received 20 nights later. However, as of now, I haven't received.

Hope that someone will have good news for us.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

Let me also share the email I received for my second meeting this year, but first posted after 08/18 (the first meeting was posted before 08/18).

Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Member: XXXXX

THANK YOU FOR HOSTING YOUR RECENT MEETING OR EVENT WITH US.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

PROPERTY NAME: SH XXXX

EVENT DATES: 08/14/2018 - 08/14/2018

REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXX

DATE POSTED: 08/22/2018

BASE POINTS EARNED: 200
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 100
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 300
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS:

Yes, after elite qualifying nights is blank.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:44 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Here’s what the emails looked like prior to August:

Subject: Award Posted: Meetings and Events Group Posting Tool

Dear XXX,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards member for your meeting & event business.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

Total points earned: XXX
Date Posted: XX/XX/XX
Event Dates: XX/XX/XX - XX/XX/XX
Property Name: XXX
Reference Number: XXX

This meeting or event will count toward your qualification for Elite membership.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Question for people who did the Rewarding Events before the Aug 18:

I moved a bunch of meetings to Marriott, and ended up during the year getting 80 elite nights via the Rewarding Events (average spend per meeting was $900, these were 'real meetings'). I was Platinum Premier as supposed to be once the new programme launched. However, once I merged my SPG + Marriott, even though my total nights are now at 99 (80 rewarding events + 19 paid), I am only Platinum Elite, not Platinum Premier.

In my book, I should be PP.. anyone else in same boat?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wt286021788
Hello, I meet the same case as others. I held four meetings before 08/18. The first one was posted on 08/17 and I successfully received 10 elite nights. Then the second and the third, held at the same hotel but separate dates, were posted yesterday, only points. I contacted Marriott rewards by calling, the rep checked the old term and finally confirmed that I will received 20 nights later. However, as of now, I haven't received.

Hope that someone will have good news for us.
Did the rep mention that they were going to manually request the 20 nights, or the system will eventually update our balances automatically?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Yes, you should. They're having some trouble displaying the correct elite levels, so yours should eventually reflect PP.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Question for people who did the Rewarding Events before the Aug 18:

I moved a bunch of meetings to Marriott, and ended up during the year getting 80 elite nights via the Rewarding Events (average spend per meeting was $900, these were 'real meetings'). I was Platinum Premier as supposed to be once the new programme launched. However, once I merged my SPG + Marriott, even though my total nights are now at 99 (80 rewarding events + 19 paid), I am only Platinum Elite, not Platinum Premier.

In my SPG app it says platinum elite but when opening the marriott app and both web pages it correctly says PP, tjis was after the the merge of The accounts. So might just be cosmetics.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:03 pm

She just said you will receive 20 elite nights. I think they will do nothing.
RafKa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by wt286021788
She just said you will receive 20 elite nights. I think they will do nothing.
Cool - keep us posted if/when they do. Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:08 pm

As of now, after calling more than 24 hours, not yet.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:44 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
With so many merging problems and the angry Marriott members from the Travel Certificates, the IT staff probably put this Rewarding Event in low priority on the list to fix. At the end of it, your meetings are already done or will get done soon. Most direct people hosting real meetings care about the success of the real meeting going smoothly and the hotel service. Those elite nights or points are in their mind but can wait for weeks if needed. For IT group, the company isn't losing money over Rewarding Events as much as those people that can't merge their account, can't login and thus not booking hotel rooms because it looks like the issue is the updated Group Posting Tool (not the hotel event reservation system that brings in revenue).

Who has the power to bump this posting problem as a higher priority? It's not the "meeting run" users that yields $100 per meeting and keep following up with Marriott customer service. The event organizers cancelling $20,000 upcoming conferences or couples cancelling $10000 weddings events because potentially there may not be those points and eligible nights in the weeks to come - such action is crazy - the show will go on even if there are no points. Power resides on the franchisee hotels who gets most of customer revenue and have to submit portions of the revenue to Marriott HQ using the Group Posting Tool (that yields your points and nights). I don't see them taking any heat because those with big events or sticking it out even if zero points are given. Those who did "meeting runs" - the profits are in the bag and Marriott franchisees don't need to lend their influence on such small sums of profit to advocate on the customer's behalf.

Last edited by yeunganson; Aug 24, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Sigh.. This is going to be a nightmare to claim

On top of this the hotel is refusing to post my meeting as they say it is automatically posted after 8 days (and that all other hotels are on a different system). Go figure, its been 12 days. How can a hotel be so incompetent I am not sure.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:31 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I did ask my Ambassador today about whether or not I can host my first meeting at a Marriott hotel now and earn the 10 elite nights now that the merger has happened. (I have 9 years Platinum towards Lifetime status, and have 60 legacy Marriott nights this year, so another 15 legacy Marriott nights will earn me my 10th year of Platinum for Lifetime Plat Premier status.) I

also asked her if she could get an answer on whether the first meeting is ONLY the first meeting (per year) or not. Here's hoping I can get an answer for everyone!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:17 pm

Contact Marriott rewards to ask why the meeting is not posted. They will contact the hotel on behalf of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.