Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:49 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Question for people who did the Rewarding Events before the Aug 18:

I moved a bunch of meetings to Marriott, and ended up during the year getting 80 elite nights via the Rewarding Events (average spend per meeting was $900, these were 'real meetings'). I was Platinum Premier as supposed to be once the new programme launched. However, once I merged my SPG + Marriott, even though my total nights are now at 99 (80 rewarding events + 19 paid), I am only Platinum Elite, not Platinum Premier.

In my book, I should be PP.. anyone else in same boat?

Last edited by xar; Aug 24, 2018 at 12:15 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
So if I hosted meetings prior to 8/18, will I still get 10 elite nights after hosting the first meeting after 8/18?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:18 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by naumank
So if I hosted meetings prior to 8/18, will I still get 10 elite nights after hosting the first meeting after 8/18?
Book,Complete and have the meeting(s) "Posted" on or before 17th Aug - You get the nights based on the old program (i.e. 5 meetings = 50 nights)

Book,Complete on or before 17th Aug but the meeting was "Posted" after 17th Aug - This is the on-going debate and is not clear at the moment. What we have seen so far are members getting only 10 nights and none for the subsequent ones. Suggest to keep your documentation and be prepared to go thru an appeal with Marriott.

Book,Complete and have the meeting(s) "Posted" after 17th Aug - You get the nights based on the new program (i.e. First meeting is just 10. Is by contract per year? per month? Nothing is clear so its just a wait and see)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xar
Book,Complete and have the meeting(s) "Posted" on or before 17th Aug - You get the nights based on the old program (i.e. 5 meetings = 50 nights)

Book,Complete on or before 17th Aug but the meeting was "Posted" after 17th Aug - This is the on-going debate and is not clear at the moment. What we have seen so far are members getting only 10 nights and none for the subsequent ones. Suggest to keep your documentation and be prepared to go thru an appeal with Marriott.

Book,Complete and have the meeting(s) "Posted" after 17th Aug - You get the nights based on the new program (i.e. First meeting is just 10. Is by contract per year? per month? Nothing is clear so its just a wait and see)
Thank you for the great answer. Very clear to me now. I urgently need 25 nights to reach 750 nights by the end of the year and I don't expect to travel that much over the next couple months. I guess I need to at least try to book one and see.
xar likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xar
Yes.. and I was before merging the two accounts. now I seem to be stuck on Platinum Elite.. :/
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:16 am

Anyone I can email to get my nights credited? (Posted but no nights)

The phone customer service is absolutely disgusting. First call hanged up on, next one given a fake email
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by mingzie
Anyone I can email to get my nights credited? (Posted but no nights)

The phone customer service is absolutely disgusting. First call hanged up on, next one given a fake email
When I had trouble with the nights for an event posting (2 years ago, well before the merger, real full day event), I had to call the hotel where I did the event, specifically the events department, three times and they fixed it. Makes sense to me.

But because of all the IT merger stuff that is going on:
If you just had your event in July or August, I would wait to weeks and wouldn't bother if the points already posted but the nights are still missing. I am having nights for ALL stays from July and August from both SPG and Marriott not posting so far, everyone else seems to have the same issue if you look at the other topics here, and for the account activities they still display the message (Marriott/SPG) that the counts are incorrect and they are working on it.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by zap7
When I had trouble with the nights for an event posting (2 years ago, well before the merger, real full day event), I had to call the hotel where I did the event, specifically the events department, three times and they fixed it. Makes sense to me.

But because of all the IT merger stuff that is going on:
If you just had your event in July or August, I would wait to weeks and wouldn't bother if the points already posted but the nights are still missing. I am having nights for ALL stays from July and August from both SPG and Marriott not posting so far, everyone else seems to have the same issue if you look at the other topics here, and for the account activities they still display the message (Marriott/SPG) that the counts are incorrect and they are working on it.
Doubt this is true

Someone posted that they received 10 nights for their first meeting of the year

our nights aren't not posting because of IT issues, they're not posting because we've already had one meeting this year

IMO we will need people to chase this up/push Marriott to do this

There are many people who've had nights post normally in Jul/Aug, myself included
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott
Doubt this is true

our nights aren't not posting because of IT issues, they're not posting because we've already had one meeting this year

There are many people who've had nights post normally in Jul/Aug, myself included
I agree with you. This is not an IT issue like others. This means that they already changed terms and if we do nothing, we may not get our nights back. Just wonder who can help us? Or what we should do by ourself?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
anyone with any luck? i've put in an CS email through the website, will report back if i hear anything...
will follow up with the representatives from the hotels next week to see if there's anything we can do there.
i think it's quite reasonable to be irritated when the transactions occurred but due to the posting time frame that the customers are screwed out of benefits...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:04 am

Question about changes in Marriott Rewards in the new program

“As a Rewards member, you are qualified to earn points or miles with your signed Group Sales agreement or contract for any social event, meeting or room block that actualizes to at least 10 rooms for one night.”

This is what I read from rewarding events FAQ on Marriott website.

It seems that aside from the first meeting organized at the hotel? We would no longer be privy to receiving the 10 elite nights as rewards except for bigger meetings where there’s at least 10 rooms bookings? Is that it? Or is there any other explanation?
Is it true?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arthur -- flyer wanna be
anyone with any luck? i've put in an CS email through the website, will report back if i hear anything...
will follow up with the representatives from the hotels next week to see if there's anything we can do there.
i think it's quite reasonable to be irritated when the transactions occurred but due to the posting time frame that the customers are screwed out of benefits...
I had emails to Marriott CS go totally unanswered for over a month just before the merger (back in July), so I wouldn't count on CS emails being answered anything near "promptly" now either.

On a phone call, you may have a long hold time, but once you speak to a person, you're speaking real time. That's a lot faster, in calendar time, than waiting for an email for over a month.
karenkay likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vvei
“As a Rewards member, you are qualified to earn points or miles with your signed Group Sales agreement or contract for any social event, meeting or room block that actualizes to at least 10 rooms for one night.”

This is what I read from rewarding events FAQ on Marriott website.

It seems that aside from the first meeting organized at the hotel? We would no longer be privy to receiving the 10 elite nights as rewards except for bigger meetings where there’s at least 10 rooms bookings? Is that it? Or is there any other explanation?
Is it true?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...18-2018-a.html
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:46 am

I held a meeting on Aug 17 and got the email a week later on the 24th and the nights showed up on my account later that evening. It was my first and probably only even of the year.

THANK YOU FOR HOSTING YOUR RECENT MEETING OR EVENT WITH US.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

PROPERTY NAME: XXXXXXX

EVENT DATES: 08/17/2018 - 08/17/2018

REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXXXX

DATE POSTED: 08/24/2018

BASE POINTS EARNED: 200
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 150
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 350
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS: 10.00

This meeting or event will count toward your qualification for Elite membership.
RogerD408 and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:31 am

Doubt this is true

Agreed. The only real question I have now is whether this will end up being done as part of some sort of automated global sweep (i.e. all meetings with completion dates before 8/18 but posting dates after 8/18 will be updated) that just hasn't been prioritized yet or whether we're each going to have to contact them individually. I would really love if it were the former, but I'm assuming not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.