Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
How is that possible? Doesn't seem possible for someone well over 1K nights, ~100 nights/year? What does your Eligible Revenue (one of the columns) look like? Have you been buying Starpoints and doing a lot of redeeming for award rooms?
My revenue is around 300K.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
My revenue is around 300K.
Ah well that would mean 900k points bare minimum. And probably a ton more. We are talking points not dollars!
Old May 30, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Ah well that would mean 900k points bare minimum. And probably a ton more. We are talking points not dollars!
I'll go back to check the spreadsheet later. Maybe I did my function(s) incorrectly for the points.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@UA-NYC

FT needs a palm to face emoji.

You'll be happy to know that I made a mistake in reading my point total... I actually have over 3 million Starpoints lifetime. I read it as 336,061 but it's actually 3,360,061 (this is from roughly 5,000 excel spreadsheet rows)

DOH!

That was embarrassing.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:23 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
@UA-NYC

FT needs a palm to face emoji.

You'll be happy to know that I made a mistake in reading my point total... I actually have over 3 million Starpoints lifetime. I read it as 336,061 but it's actually 3,360,061 (this is from roughly 5,000 excel spreadsheet rows)

DOH!

That was embarrassing.

I am not an Excel gal and it took me a while to organize the numbers. Though fascinating (and fun to look back at all of our hotel stays- many that I had forgotten) the Master Statement isn't that easy to read.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the numbers in a graphical interface on our dashboard?
Old May 30, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88
I am not an Excel gal and it took me a while to organize the numbers. Though fascinating (and fun to look back at all of our hotel stays- many that I had forgotten) the Master Statement isn't that easy to read.
I know my total is slightly inflated because I didn't take into account any situations where points were removed and then credited back, like when I cancel a reward booking - but that has rarely happened so I'm probably inflated by 100K or so.

I haven't had a good read of my activity in the past 16 years, but I know for sure that I will start reminiscing and probably also (w)rack my brain over stays, like you, that I can't remember.

Originally Posted by damon88
Wouldn't it be nice to have the numbers in a graphical interface on our dashboard?
Indeed. That would be fun and useful. Maybe include some "Did You Know?" stats about your activity, big data stylez.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Because Starwood never kept track of LT points history, it takes a while to gather that information from the master statement and only after some manual adjustments.

First, all points-out cells have to be deleted (redemptions, miles transfers, etc).

Second, airlines transfer 5000-points bonus have to be manually deleted as well, because those don’t count as points earned.

Finally, the master statement counts all points returned from award stay cancellations as points earned, which they aren’t. So those cells also need to be manually deleted.

Very cumbersome and time-consuming.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by M.dA.R.

.... and only after some manual adjustments.
I doubt that the actual system holding this data would need any manual adjustments. They're not actually holding this in a spreadsheet... Selecting data according to whatever complex criteria is what databases are good for.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lappe
I doubt that the actual system holding this data would need any manual adjustments. They're not actually holding this in a spreadsheet... Selecting data according to whatever complex criteria is what databases are good for.
I was referring to our perspective: how we can gather that information from the master statement. It’s not just doing a sum function on the points column.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For most of us, it would be easier to take the current points total and add all of the points we used over the years. The difficulty of course is that cancelled award stays need to be handled carefully, so that only net spend is added for the total. It would be even worse to calculate manually if MR had used base points only for status, like Hyatt does, although I suspect that Hyatt maintains a separate column in their big internal spreadsheet in the cloud to facilitate their computations.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by M.dA.R.

I was referring to our perspective: how we can gather that information from the master statement. It’s not just doing a sum function on the points column.
One suggestion would be to create a text filter for the TYPE column : Does Not Contain "AWARD"
Old May 31, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are too many one off cases. For example, I remember one time I saw that points had been incorrectly deducted and after an email to my ambassador, it was recredited back. This was a one-off situation that came to mind and sure enough it was in my master statement... so if people are seeking a true and exact points balance (especially those with substantial activity history), then good luck. For now, I know my lifetime points is somewhere between 3.0 to 3.3 million.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:46 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
There are too many one off cases. For example, I remember one time I saw that points had been incorrectly deducted and after an email to my ambassador, it was recredited back. This was a one-off situation that came to mind and sure enough it was in my master statement... so if people are seeking a true and exact points balance (especially those with substantial activity history), then good luck. For now, I know my lifetime points is somewhere between 3.0 to 3.3 million.
The one I am going to calculate is the total number of points I have redeemed over the years. Those were a lot of wonderful points stays and before the programs merge I want to know that number.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Which type was it coded as? if it was AWARD the filter still works since this credit should probably not add to your LT accumulation anyway
Old May 31, 2018, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They're were also the save 50% off rack rate certs for 1000 points. I'm not sure whether they were coded as awards.

For me, the confusing part is the different times that my award reservations were cancelled or modified, sometimes just to get a better room type such as king bed or nonsmoking or to change from four to five nights in order to get early check in guaranteed for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.