Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
I have 2009 nights
Old May 27, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am staying at JW Marriott Grosvenor House in London currently and have found there is a difference between plat and PPE - PPE can get free morning wake up coffees delivered to the room. It might be a minor difference but I do like have a morning coffee sent to the room. One person offered me the coffee for free, then realized I do not get it, but ultimately gave it to me.

Another one would be the tie in with Hertz where PPE get a higher tier/ status match.

Myy guess is going forward there will definitely be tangible differences between the statuses here and there, so thank you and grateful to the group here for pushing for 750+ people to get.
unclepants and TravelinSperry like this.

Last edited by SHLTP; May 27, 2018 at 1:39 am
Old May 27, 2018, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
I have 2009 nights
I wonder how many 2000+ night members there are... must be rare.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I am staying at JW Marriott Grosvenor House in London currently and have found there is a difference between plat and PPE - PPE can get free morning wake up coffees delivered to the room. It might be a minor difference but I do like have a morning coffee sent to the room. One person offered me the coffee for free, then realized I do not get it, but ultimately gave it to me.

Another one would be the tie in with Hertz where PPE get a higher tier/ status match.

Myy guess is going forward there will definitely be tangible differences between the statuses here and there, so thank you and grateful to the group here for pushing for 750+ people to get.
Great confirmation! It, again, proves the point that hotels/fd can identify levels and implement benefits for each tier should they desire. I know firsthand they could in the past on the Starwood side as Ive been recognized as Ambassador and offered benefits. But it's nice confirmation this continues, and especially at Marriott and the LPPS level.
unclepants likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder how many 2000+ night members there are... must be rare.
I’d be surprised if they were “rare”. Just road warriors doing 150 nights/year - not including Hols - for a touch over 12 years. From age 28-40 seems like it’d be reasonably common, no?

Dave
Old May 27, 2018, 9:51 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
One more question which I am not sure has been answered. (If it has please point me to the link &#128591. Will SPG members with 750+ nights and 10 Platinum years already earned by August when the programs combine be immediately grandfathered into LTPP or will we need to wait until January 2019?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2018, 12:09 pm

Re LTPP, what I am more concerned about than the combined 750 nights is the combined 10 years at Plat.!

How do they actually count those years?

1. Do those combined 10 years have to be consecutive years in both programs?
  2. Do all such MR Plat. years count in as well, where MR Plat. was purchased through points (elite buy-back)?
Many thanks!

edit:
Like what happens if I have 6 consecutive spg-Plat. years (2012-2017, i.e. no renewal in 2018) and 4 MR-Plat. years (2012-2013 and 2016-2017, i.e. no renewal in 2018, in 2018 only Gold)??

Last edited by decentmove; May 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by decentmove
Re LTPP, what I am more concerned about than the combined 750 nights is the combined 10 years at Plat.!

How do they actually count those years?
  1. Do those combined 10 years have to be consecutive years in both programs?
  2. Do all such MR Plat. years count in as well, where MR Plat. was purchased through points (elite buy-back)?
Many thanks!

edit:
Like what happens if I have 6 consecutive spg-Plat. years (2012-2017, i.e. no renewal in 2018) and 4 MR-Plat. years (2012-2013 and 2016-2017, i.e. no renewal in 2018, in 2018 only Gold)??
I can answer question 1. Nowhere in any of the discussions has anyone ever mentioned that the years need to be consecutive. That would be appalling if it was a condition.
decentmove likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Marriott has been consistent that they will look back to see if a member was Plat, not how Plat was achieved and that there will be no retroactive taking away of a previously granted level except for an SPG status match not counting. Specifically on a challenge they have stated:
Will those who got Marriott Platinum via a status challenge this year (supposedly valid till Feb 2020) be switched to Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite on August 1?
Platinum Premier Elite, if the member met the Platinum Elite challenge. <added by Starwood Lurker30Apr18>
Question B4 also confirms that status granted by cc will count. Marriott is not looking to retroactively ungrant status from previous years. If one was gifted status one had that status.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:35 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tods27
In the dashboard, when you click on the "Lifetime" button, it tells you the "years elite". For me, it shows "Years Elite", but I am LTG, so the graphic below shows my progress towards LTP, thus the years I have that are Plat years (for me, it's 5 years elite, 3 of which were Plat). I'm guessing that if you are not LTG, it will just show years of either gold or plat (i.e. progress towards LTG) and thus your problem. Of course, you can probably just call SPG and ask them, given that they track this information

As a side note to the whole "Will MR Gold count as Plat for earning LTPP" discussion, I may have missed it, but has their been any guidance on whether they will consider a MR Gold year granted by being UA Gold (through the RewardsPlus program) a qualifying year as MR Gold (or Plat in the case of LTPP).
What dashboard are you talking about? I don't see that.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by stc
What dashboard are you talking about? I don't see that.
Try this.

www.spgdashboard.com
Old May 27, 2018, 3:11 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
That didn't work for me, but this did: https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard

I don't know why I never knew about that.

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:32 pm

Question Does one have to renew Plat in 2018?

Good evening! Thank you for all the info on this thread so far.

For the "combined 750+ nights plus combined 10+ years of Plat. to make one LTPP", ...

... does one need to be Plat. in 2018 and have renewed the Plat. status in either program in 2018?
... Or is it also fine if one, while being in Plat. in 2018, has failed to renew their status in/during 2018?

PS:
Assuming all other conditions, i.e. combined 750+ nights and combined 10+ years of Plat. from previous years, are well fulfilled, of course.

Thank you!

Last edited by decentmove; May 27, 2018 at 4:40 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by decentmove
For the "combined 750+ nights plus combined 10+ years of Plat. to make one LTPP", ...

... does one need to be Plat. in 2018 and have renewed the Plat. status in either program in 2018?
... Or is it also fine if one, while being in Plat. in 2018, has failed to renew their status in/during 2018?
You need to have the combined ten years at a 50-night+ level. It does not matter which calendar years. You do not need to have been Plat in 2018 nor do you need to renew for 2019. If you were Marriott Plat in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 and SPG Plat in 2014 and 2016 you would have the ten years needed and assuming you met the other parameters you would qualify.
decentmove likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:34 pm

Thank you. Yes, those are roughly the years, just the other way around MR<->spg.

And yes, both "Lifetime Nights counters", the one on marriott.com and the one on spgdashboard.com show a number of nights which add up to more than 750 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.