Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by txpenny
Are you at 50 nights in 2019?
Not yet, I'm at 46. I'll be at 50 next week, so I can see if it changes.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrmoo
I have only checked via the Web. I don't have any iOS device to test with.
I cannot find it on web. Any pointer?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by TerryK
I cannot find it on web. Any pointer?
Clearly there is A/B testing going on here (in addition to possible Android vs. iPhone app differences). I am 53 nights and still nothing on either the website nor app regardless of where I look.
C17PSGR and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ethernal
Clearly there is A/B testing going on here (in addition to possible Android vs. iPhone app differences). I am 53 nights and still nothing on either the website nor app regardless of where I look.
Same for me.

I've checked both the website and the mobile application on my iPhone just now.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
My web site shows me apparently an indefinite Ambassador but the app shows my spend (on 31 nights, half of which are CC)

I put this much more on "malice" vs. "incompetence" if they truly are doing A/B testing here...I get the point of A/B but this is NOT the place to do it.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My web site shows me apparently an indefinite Ambassador but the app shows my spend (on 31 nights, half of which are CC

You are Lifetime Ambassador Elite”

Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Wanted to share a positive experience I've had. My ambassador has been very good seemingly about working with the hotels on the last trip that I noted to them was a vacation with friends. Had chocolates, desserts or alcohol in each room at check-in of the hotels I stayed, as well as a note from her/management. At one of the hotels, I had cleared 2 SNA's for the two nights I was there, however when checking in the only suite that was available was one of the smoking rooms. I declined this, and after the vacation contacted my ambassador to see if I could have my suite nights returned. She happily said she'd look into it, got the Asian hotel to agree, and has been sending me weekly progress updates (it's a slow process) and I'm now waiting for them to be redeposited into my account. The updates come without asking and have been very reassuring.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:29 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
As of two days ago, I have a new Ambassador. She seems nice and responsive. I won't really be putting her to the test for a few weeks at the earliest, but I am hoping my experiences start looking a bit more like @bhrubin's .
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Newest data point: arrived at RC Boston and despite already having told Ambassador and hotel I was alone and only needing room was pre-upgraded to Executive Suite. Thanks to my pre-arrival checklist my Ambassador sends and that I also send in response to the “how can we help” pre-arrival email, they had extra water, chocolate covered strawberries amenity, and even blackout out the bedroom window as per my request for true blackout shades! Only the StR SF has gone so far in the past in that regard. They pre-cooled the suite to 67 F, as well—though I did need to ask engineers to adjust further since thermostat showed 68 F and yet my thermometer showed 70+F.

A most impressive welcome and treatment between the hotel and my Ambassador (both her and my status).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks to my pre-arrival checklist my Ambassador sends and that I also send in response to the “how can we help” pre-arrival email, they had ... even blackout out the bedroom window as per my request for true blackout shades! Only the StR SF has gone so far in the past in that regard.

How did they do this?

Originally Posted by bhrubin
They pre-cooled the suite to 67 F, as well—though I did need to ask engineers to adjust further since thermostat showed 68 F and yet my thermometer showed 70+F.
I'm sorry, but really? Beyond the obvious question of why you carry a thermometer, have you ever considered your gage is inaccurate and the hotel's thermostat was correct?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:50 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How did they do this?
They taped the windows with black boards, completely blacking out the windows, it was unnecessary from my perspective, since the shades overlapped and were blackout, but the effort was well appreciated!

I'm sorry, but really? Beyond the obvious question of why you carry a thermometer, have you ever considered your gage is inaccurate and the hotel's thermostat was correct?
Nope. My personal thermometer was bought by the Prince de Galles in Oct 2017 to prove that our Makassar Suite air con was working like their thermostat indicated—even as I knew and argued that their thermostat was wrong. As it turns out, I was right. The PdG conceded that, as have many hotels ever since—within Marriott and at numerous other luxury hotels from other brands. That same personal thermometer also shows the exact same temperature as my thermostat at home on a consistent basis—funny how it shows the same reading at my home and yet a higher temperature than so many hotels’ thermostats. Go figure.

As a result, as someone who requires and confirms in writing in advance (usually at booking and again before arrival) that every hotel at which I stay can guarantee 67 F or lower, I find that personal thermometer to be a godsend.

Sorry. But when it comes to air con, I’m quite the expert now. And my personal thermometer comes in very handy to prove that hotel thermostats and engineer thermostats often aren’t measuring accurately what the actual room temperature is.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
About 30 minutes ago, I booked a non-refundable stay at the Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens for this May. After talking with my travel partner for this trip, she questioned the decision I made (based on both cost and on distance to Amsterdam's city center.) I immediately called the Ambassador line (my Ambassador is not currently working), who then reached out to the Moxy in Amsterdam. After a few minute wait, the Ambassador returned to the line and informed me that the Moxy had agreed to cancel my reservation with no penalty.

Chalk up another win for the Ambassador team.

-mvitale
C17PSGR, damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mvitale
About 30 minutes ago, I booked a non-refundable stay at the Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens for this May. After talking with my travel partner for this trip, she questioned the decision I made (based on both cost and on distance to Amsterdam's city center.) I immediately called the Ambassador line (my Ambassador is not currently working), who then reached out to the Moxy in Amsterdam. After a few minute wait, the Ambassador returned to the line and informed me that the Moxy had agreed to cancel my reservation with no penalty.

-mvitale
Was this reservation not cancellable by end of day following day?

I had a similar experience a few years ago with my SPG Ambassador. I accidentally made a prepaid booking at Westin Milan for 9 months later (this was when prepaid reservations were not cancellable). I realized it as soon as I got the confirmation, ie immediately. I asked my Ambassador to intervene on my behalf. I got an email from hotel about an hour later saying too bad, so sad. I then contacted the hotel myself, pointed out that I was a loyal Plat member, had accidentally made a prepaid reservation for 9 months out, and tried to cancel within 5 mins of booking. Hotel apologized and cancelled for me immediately.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:54 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by mvitale

-mvitale
Every reservation made on Marriott.com is automatically refundable for 24h (just like airline tickets), so this is a standard benefit anywhere that I've used many times. Nothing to do with Ambassador status.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by helvetic
Every reservation made on Marriott.com is automatically refundable for 24h (just like airline tickets), so this is a standard benefit anywhere that I've used many times. Nothing to do with Ambassador status.
95% of them are cancellable. There is the odd one that isn’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.