Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I just had the most horrendous Marriott stay, and I blame it entirely on my Ambassador and the hotel’s lack of recognition of that status. Everything has gone awry: the air con didn’t work, the hotel screwed up my rate, there was no water in the room, I wasn’t given an upgrade despite an obvious availability of multiple entry level suites on Marriott.com and the app, the food/beverage was disappointing and overpriced on top of it all.

My Ambassador has promised me this would be taken care of, and clearly that went nowhere. My group had similarly poor experiences for their stay.

Sigh. Maybe it’s time to look at Hilton or Hyatt.
Does your ambassador move to Hilton/Hyatt as well?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I just had the most horrendous Marriott stay, and I blame it entirely on my Ambassador and the hotel’s lack of recognition of that status. Everything has gone awry: the air con didn’t work, the hotel screwed up my rate, there was no water in the room, I wasn’t given an upgrade despite an obvious availability of multiple entry level suites on Marriott.com and the app, the food/beverage was disappointing and overpriced on top of it all.

My Ambassador has promised me this would be taken care of, and clearly that went nowhere. My group had similarly poor experiences for their stay.

I'm a little slow this morning before the coffee kicks in and was ready to ask which property ...

But thanks for the smile!!!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:38 am
Community Director Emerita

I just had the most horrendous Marriott stay

April 1?
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
April 1?
I believe so
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
April 1?
Too cute by half.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Sorry, I’m punchy from being on the road for almost 2 weeks with another 2 weeks to go. I thought some April 1 levity would be fun.
C17PSGR and kaizen7 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:22 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I was fooled
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:48 pm

The wife has all but given up on the Ambassador program because it seems that at least on the Marriott side her Ambassador has a hard time getting anything accomplished. In fairness when she stays at legacy Starwood properties the Ambassador’s ability to ensure requests are seen to is better but my wife mainly stays at Marriott properties and thus her disappointment.

The final straw was about a month ago, we were travelling with long term friends, the husband and my close friend since college is in a wheel chair and when staying at a hotel always reserves a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower as he cannot step over the side of a tub/shower combo. Some hotels offer both accessible rooms with a tub and accessible rooms with a roll in shower and it is a struggle for him to ensure that the right room is assigned as many times the front desk employee does not look beyond the room being accessible and it requires a second trip to the front desk to have the right room assigned.

So, knowing that my wife is a top tier elite with Marriott, he asked her to make the reservation as hopefully with her status there might be a better chance he would be assigned an accessible room with a roll in shower. She made a reservation for two rooms thinking that having two serperate reservations might confuse things and after selecting an accessible room with a roll in shower on Marriott.com she called her Ambassador to see if she could ensure that an accessible room with a roll in shower was blocked for her (my wife) reservation.

The Ambassador said it would not be a problem and let me wife know that she had ensured that the request was notated and a room with a roll in shower would be assigned.

Fast forward to check-in and sure enough, my friend and his wife were assigned an accessible room with a tub and not a roll in shower. Of course they called us and said that they needed to go back to the front desk to get another room. My wife said to me, another miss by her Ambassador who said that she had ensured an accessible room with a roll in shower had be assigned. Anyway, we went downstairs and unfortunately we come to find out that the hotel has four rooms accessible room with roll in showers and the last one was given to another customer and now they have no more. The front desk employee gets her manager and he handled the issue extremely well. He said that he is going to have to call around and find an accessible room with a roll in shower and while we wait, he said go to the bar and have a drink or two on the house. We did as instructed and had a drink while the Front Desk Manager sorted things out, about 20 minutes later he came over and apologize again and then went on to explain that he had found an accessible room with a roll in shower at the Hilton down the street, he had spoken with the hotel directly ensured that the room was hard blocked and all was set. He further went on to say that of course he was not going to charge us for our stay here and actually he was taking care of our stay at the Hilton as well (which was above and beyond what was required imho).

He then asked if we had called the hotel to ensure that an accessible room with a roll in shower was assigned to the reservation and my wife said that her Ambassador had taken care of that for her. He sighed and said that there are many changes since the merger that he does not like, but the Ambassador program was one area he felt was a big step forward for Marriott, unfortunately he said that the implementation has been rather poor so far, but did not elaborate further.

Either way things ended up fine, but the Ambassador program in my wife (and by extent my eyes) has been subpar and not worth the extra time it takes to reach out to her for special requests.
helvetic and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kmersh
The front desk employee gets her manager and he handled the issue extremely well. He said that he is going to have to call around and find an accessible room with a roll in shower and while we wait, he said go to the bar and have a drink or two on the house. We did as instructed and had a drink while the Front Desk Manager sorted things out, about 20 minutes later he came over and apologize again and then went on to explain that he had found an accessible room with a roll in shower at the Hilton down the street, he had spoken with the hotel directly ensured that the room was hard blocked and all was set. He further went on to say that of course he was not going to charge us for our stay here and actually he was taking care of our stay at the Hilton as well (which was above and beyond what was required imho).
That's an excellent service recovery. I'm sure the manager may have been afraid the property could be sued since it's rampant under the ADA. Four handicap accessible rooms doesn't seem like many.

I hope you recognized the service recovery on Trip Advisor.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That's an excellent service recovery. I'm sure the manager may have been afraid the property could be sued since it's rampant under the ADA. Four handicap accessible rooms doesn't seem like many.

I hope you recognized the service recovery on Trip Advisor.
I think it was four with the roll in shower feature. Some hotels have different types of accessible rooms, and the point is that they're not interchangeable.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think it was four with the roll in shower feature. Some hotels have different types of accessible rooms, and the point is that they're not interchangeable.
Correct, the hotel only has four accessible rooms with a roll in shower, he did not say how many accessible rooms were there in total.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
So I've finally started to be recognized as an Ambassador at properties - which is good (I guess - in the end I don't care whether or not I'm recognized so long as the benefits are honored). Except last night at a Springhill Suites I checked in, was recognized as an Ambassador, and the front-desk agent didn't seem sure if I should qualify for Platinum benefits.
I just kind of looked at her funny for a second and then she corrected herself and said yes, you do.

That said, it's a Springhill Suites (first time staying there) so I assume the only benefit is technically the 500 point welcome gift, right? So guess it doesn't really matter either way.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe some water? And they really should give you a pretty decent room.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe some water? And they really should give you a pretty decent room.
If you're supposed to get water, I got no water. I think the option was either the 500 points or a pantry item (so I suppose I could have traded the points for water.. tough call between $3.50 worth of points and a $3.50 water... )
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
I’ve had two recognition misses at hotels in Austin by the FDC.

i was thanked as a Platinum Elite member at the Westin Domain.

i was thanked as a loyal Bonvoy Elite member at the Sheraton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.