Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:57 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Regardless of legacy Starwood's footprint or legacy Marriott's footprint, I suspect the number of properties that elites want to redeem SNAs at isn't much higher today than it was under legacy Starwood. At least if you care about getting value for SNAs and only using them at aspirational properties.
Except that never works. I ended the year with unused SNAs last year.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:04 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
A good GM might understand why it matters to upgrade repeat guests, but upgrading Ambassadors is not nearly as clear cut. I'm an Ambassador who spends most of my travels all over the world without returning to the same hotels too frequently. Marriott would gain my loyalty by treating me well, but the GM doesn't care if I'm not likely to return anytime soon.
I’ve got to disagree with you.

Since the Marriott takeover in 2016, I’ve stayed at the StR Bora Bora once, the StR Rome once, the StR Florence once, the StR New York once, the Hotel Imperial once, the Prince de Galles Paris once, the StR Atlanta once, the Suiran Kyoto once, the RC Kyoto once, the StR Osaka once, the Prince Gallery Tokyo once, the StR Bal Harbour once, and the StR Bahia Beach once. Not to mention the RC Coconut Grove once, the RC Boston just last weekend for only the 2nd time, and the RC Washington DC once a few weeks ago.

I was upgraded at all of those; at all but the StR Osaka and RC Washington I was upgraded to suites. At the StR Bora Bora, RC Kyoto, tStR Bal Harbour, Hotel Imperial Vienna, Prince de Galles Paris, and RC Coconut Grove, I actually was upgraded into specialty suites!

I certainly won’t be returning to any of those any time soon—except for the Prince de Galles this Oct. I doubt I’ll ever return to Bora Bora or Osaka.

I visited all of those hotels while avoiding any special events, festivals, or holidays that often preclude the likelihood of major upgrades.

I’m sorry to say that my Ambassador status and my Ambassador were helpful in getting so many upgrades. But it’s also obvious that my timing was probably helpful. And I’m sure I might have been lucky. But that seems awfully lucky for so many different hotels for only the single visit ever.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Ambassador on maternity leave

Got an out of office reply from my ambassador that she is on maternity leave till July. Has anyone here experienced this before, and has the ambassador been replaced in that situation? In my case, I neither got any notification that the ambassador would be absent nor was I provided with an alternative contact.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Try the ambassador general email? Usually there will be someone else from the team answering the email.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:08 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I’ve got to disagree with you.

Since the Marriott takeover in 2016, I’ve stayed at the StR Bora Bora once, the StR Rome once, the StR Florence once, the StR New York once, the Hotel Imperial once, the Prince de Galles Paris once, the StR Atlanta once, the Suiran Kyoto once, the RC Kyoto once, the StR Osaka once, the Prince Gallery Tokyo once, the StR Bal Harbour once, and the StR Bahia Beach once. Not to mention the RC Coconut Grove once, the RC Boston just last weekend for only the 2nd time, and the RC Washington DC once a few weeks ago.

I was upgraded at all of those; at all but the StR Osaka and RC Washington I was upgraded to suites. At the StR Bora Bora, RC Kyoto, tStR Bal Harbour, Hotel Imperial Vienna, Prince de Galles Paris, and RC Coconut Grove, I actually was upgraded into specialty suites!

I certainly won’t be returning to any of those any time soon—except for the Prince de Galles this Oct. I doubt I’ll ever return to Bora Bora or Osaka.

I visited all of those hotels while avoiding any special events, festivals, or holidays that often preclude the likelihood of major upgrades.

I’m sorry to say that my Ambassador status and my Ambassador were helpful in getting so many upgrades. But it’s also obvious that my timing was probably helpful. And I’m sure I might have been lucky. But that seems awfully lucky for so many different hotels for only the single visit ever.
I think you misunderstood me, because what you're saying isn't in disagreement with me at all. In fact I'm currently writing this sitting in an absolutely ludicrous upgraded villa at a Ritz-Carlton on my first stay, and it had everything to do with Ambassador status (not my Ambassador personally, who wasn't involved in this reservation).

What I'm saying is that for the GM, it has nothing to do with their personal self-interest and in the interest of the property to upgrade a specific elite guest who's unlikely to return. What it does is generate loyalty for Marriott's entire program across the board, and that's part of the deal a property has with its hotel group — to follow the benefits of the loyalty program, and in return get the distribution and business that this program generates.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by helvetic
I think you misunderstood me, because what you're saying isn't in disagreement with me at all. In fact I'm currently writing this sitting in an absolutely ludicrous upgraded villa at a Ritz-Carlton on my first stay, and it had everything to do with Ambassador status (not my Ambassador personally, who wasn't involved in this reservation).

What I'm saying is that for the GM, it has nothing to do with their personal self-interest and in the interest of the property to upgrade a specific elite guest who's unlikely to return. What it does is generate loyalty for Marriott's entire program across the board, and that's part of the deal a property has with its hotel group — to follow the benefits of the loyalty program, and in return get the distribution and business that this program generates.
Oops. My bad. It does sound like we are in agreement! Sorry!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Has anyone ever done anything to thank their ambassador for going above and beyond to resolve an issue for you? If so, what have you done? Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Amy28
Has anyone ever done anything to thank their ambassador for going above and beyond to resolve an issue for you? If so, what have you done? Thanks
Of course! But there is a $200 value limit to whatever one may do or send, FWIW. I sent my Ambassador a $250 Amazon gift card for XMas last year but had to cancel it and send one for $200.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Where do you send it? And how?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Where do you send it? And how?
I sent them to my Ambassador! An Amazon gift card can be sent via email. Other gifts I sent have been sent to my Ambassador’s office address.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:47 am

I forgot about emailing gift card m(_ _)m

and for office address i never see the information anywhere
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I forgot about emailing gift card m(_ _)m

and for office address i never see the information anywhere
I asked the Ambassador general line for the address.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:27 pm

would your ambassador read that first ? (assuming you send the email from your regular email)
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:39 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Of course! But there is a $200 value limit to whatever one may do or send, FWIW. I sent my Ambassador a $250 Amazon gift card for XMas last year but had to cancel it and send one for $200.
I wonder what they do when there is no stated value. I sent my Ambassador Gourmet Foods in a travel theme. She loved it and said it is her favorite desk decoration. But she never asked how much it cost.

Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Amy28
i sent my first ambassador flowers a bunch of times....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.