Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by djkyyc
Great to finally see the spend. I’m curious if anyone notices a difference to what they have been tracking? It’s within 4% of what I expected but they show $300 less than what I was tracking.
your spend should be all the base points awarded divided by 10. Whether your base points were awarded correctly, that’s a different question.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looks like Marriott reversed their anti-transparency stance about showing YTD spend from the start...sunlight is the best disinfectant
Is this only on iOS app? I still cannot see it on Android app or web.
SunshineStay and ethernal like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by myperks

your spend should be all the base points awarded divided by 10. Whether your base points were awarded correctly, that’s a different question.
Yes, that’s how I tracked spend. I set up a numbers spreadsheet and simply entered my base points for each stay with a formula to divide by 10 and show as dollars. My sheet shows $300 more than Marriott has credited me for.

I’m not going to argue it with Marriott at this point as I should end up comfortably over 20k but for those who just make it then it is worth checking into.

Edit: it is now correct. Might have been one of those app lags in the last stay where for me the details seem to be a half day behind the website. I use IOS. It now matches perfectly.

Last edited by djkyyc; Mar 26, 2019 at 9:17 am Reason: App now refreshed spend total
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Mine are correct in line with base points divided by 10, except for stays at brands that give only 5 base points per dollar those dollars are correct too.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The app now show my spending although it was only 18 nights.
Apparently I already spent 8700 usd so far.

About ambassador, apparently ambassador team now can receive email through their advertised email .... initial.lastname@ marriott com
Tried sent 1 email that not bcced to other email and manage to get a reply.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
I can see it now on both my Samsung phone and on the web. You might want to ensure you have the latest app version installed on your phone.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:46 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looks like Marriott reversed their anti-transparency stance about showing YTD spend from the start...sunlight is the best disinfectant
Do not ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to incompetence.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
My spend is now showing too, but looks seriously off. At 38/night (23 paid nights) I'm supposedly only at $3k… something doesn't smell right. Guess I'll be fighting for spend/base points this year, because I know I've at least spent this much at hotel bars!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by djkyyc

Yes, that’s how I tracked spend. I set up a numbers spreadsheet and simply entered my base points for each stay with a formula to divide by 10 and show as dollars. My sheet shows $300 more than Marriott has credited me for.

I’m not going to argue it with Marriott at this point as I should end up comfortably over 20k but for those who just make it then it is worth checking into.

Edit: it is now correct. Might have been one of those app lags in the last stay where for me the details seem to be a half day behind the website. I use IOS. It now matches perfectly.

Do you track all spend on folio including incidentals? I go through the trouble of tracking nights and rates paid, but not folio spend.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
My spend is now showing too, but looks seriously off. At 38/night (23 paid nights) I'm supposedly only at $3k… something doesn't smell right. Guess I'll be fighting for spend/base points this year, because I know I've at least spent this much at hotel bars!
If you add up the base points credited and divide by 10 (assuming no 5pt/night properties), does that match your spend? If it does, then your problem is that the individual properties didn’t give you enough base to begin with.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
I have only checked via the Web. I don't have any iOS device to test with.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by mrmoo
I have only checked via the Web. I don't have any iOS device to test with.
Are you at 50 nights in 2019?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by myperks

Don't forget that you only earn base points at half the usual rate for some brands.

My spend still isn't showing and, in fact, whenever I try to click to see the page where I think it should be, Bonvoy sends me to the page for starting to make reservations.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 26, 2019 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I see many people with fewer than 50 nights are seeing YTD SPEND. I have almost 50 now and still see nothing.

ETA- just appeared on my APP

Last edited by damon88; Mar 26, 2019 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget that you only earn base points at half the usual rate for some brands.

My spend still isn't showing and, in fact, whenever I try to click to see the page where I think it should be, Bonvoy sends me to the page for starting to make reservations.
mine is under 50 but I can see on my iOS app but not online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.