Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ALGU
On Friday nights they have a Night Market where outside vendors come in along with some of the in-house F&B departments. 20% Discount on F&B & the Spa between 6pm to 10:30 pm on Fridays. They exchange your VND to Lamark Coupons at a 1 to 1 rate. If you don't have enough cash, you can charge it to your room but this CANNOT be deducted from your prepaid credit.

Daily Happy Hour Buy 1 get 1 at Red Rum between 3-5pm and Chemistry Bar between 5-7 pm. Discount or promotions in general at the resort do not stack with Elite member discounts anyways.

Here are current the list of Gold member benefits:
-50% off Tempus Fugit breakfast from 6:30 am to 10:30am
-Complimentary Premium internet. However, both guest and public wifi haven't asked for my name or room number.
-Free 10-pieces of photocopy per stay
-Free 10-pieces of printing per stay
-Free 2 piece pressing service per stay
-15% discount with F&B outlets. (Plats get 20%)
-20% Laundry Discount
-20% Spa Treatments
Isn't there a 20% food discount for Platinum members ?

Also, i keep wondering about 'premium internet access'. On my previous trip to Asia, most hotels simply gave the wifi network, which wasnt password protected... so basically everyone had the same access.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by coljung
What costs could we be looking at? I have a 5n cert and im looking for a place to fly to from BKK. Was thinking on KohSamui, but none of the cat-5 hotels looks nice. This one does, by far. But i'd like to get an idea about food expenses for 2. I see just plane tickets alone are at least $250 direct flight.
We flew direct with Bangkok Airways. I booked on expedia as the price was about 1/4 what the Bangkok Airways site was asking. We paid £120 (~$160) return per person.

We spent less than £100/day (~$130) on expenses, excluding the external snorkelling trip. This covered breakfast (adults at 50%, children free), light lunch from the French bakery and dinner. Lunch and dinner both had a 20% elite discount. We didn't eat in the fine dining restaurant as the kids would have complained at the food and we had no more than 1 alcoholic drink each day. Our costs were further reduced by the offer they make you to purchase some hotel credit at reduced cost when you check-in. This offer is detailed somewhere in this thread. I selected too much and they let me reduce the amount when we checked out. With the 50% discount on breakfast, 20% elite discount on lunch and dinner, and the check-in credit offer, it probably halved our costs overall.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:42 pm

Has anyone stayed recently?
Are they providing free buffet breakfast for platinum members?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:54 pm

Yeah, I checked in two days before the merger, as a Gold, with 50% off breakfast. On the 19th they sent a letter to the room saying I was now Platinum and free breakfast plus 20% off food and drink. Breakfast was excellent.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by TandroyFoty
Yeah, I checked in two days before the merger, as a Gold, with 50% off breakfast. On the 19th they sent a letter to the room saying I was now Platinum and free breakfast plus 20% off food and drink. Breakfast was excellent.
That is awesome news.
Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:24 am

Wonderful stay

I will checked out of here tomorrow and had a wonderful stay. I had a travel package 7-night stay.
I'm a platinum member and had the following choice at the beginning of my stay: : 1,000 Points per Stay or F&B amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per day of Stay. Plus all benefits, that described above by ALGU.

Some other hints:
  • Taxi transfer between airport and Resort costs approx. 250,000 VND
  • Night Market at Resort is now on Sunday
  • You can't find any other restaurants near the Resort
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by cl0361; Nov 25, 2018 at 2:50 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cl0361
I will checked out of here tomorrow and had a wonderful stay. I had a travel package 7-night stay.
I'm a platinum member and had the following choice at the beginning of my stay: : 1,000 Points per Stay or F&B amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per day of Stay. Plus all benefits, that described above by ALGU.

Some other hints:
  • Taxi transfer between airport and Resort costs approx. 320,000 VND
I'll be there in two weeks. Glad to know that the night market is now on Sundays as I'll be arriving on Sunday. I'll definitely pick breakfast every day over 1000 points
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by cl0361

Some other hints:
  • Taxi transfer between airport and Resort costs approx. 250,000 VND
Not quite - there are many local restaurants a 15 ish minute walk or a $1-2 taxi ride. Now if you mean white tablecloth places catering to tourists then yes there aren't any near the resort, but I had my best meals at the local places! Of course a bit of a sense of adventure helps.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Golds no longer get 50% off breakfast (it's full price)

Golds no longer get discount on breakfast, however I was able to get free breakfast after showing them the email I had from the proper in February confirming the previously offered breakfast benefit on the same day I booked.

Red Rum was easily the best restaurant on-site and we ate most meals there, Jasmine one of the waiters there was absolutely brilliant. Top tip: Have the scallop salad and also the market fish (local one & also red snapper, both excellent).

We booked on points for 5 nights, Golds get 15% discount on F&B (not breakfast or room service though) as well as 20% off at the Spa. We had amazing massage treatments, they have a Spa "buffet" menu offer which was approx 3,500,000 dong for 2 people (1,750,00pp) which included 90mins of treatments which you could select from a range (eg. Facial+back massage+foot massage), yes it's expensive for Vietnam but in general terms decent value and amazing standard of treatment & facilities.

Happy hour in Dept of Chemistry is 5-7pm and is 2 for 1 on selected wine/cocktails & beers. Weekly drinks for elites (Gold & Plat) is on Thursday evenings and includes free flow wine/cocktails as well as a selection of canapes, a nice touch I thought.

As previously mentioned, a taxi is the best bet. You can get a Mai Lin or Vinasun taxi from the airport and it costs approx 250,000 dong
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
People talk about the garbage and dirty beach actually in Phu Quoc, What about it and this is visible around the hotel ?

I have a travel package 7 days booked there in march.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:23 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
People talk about the garbage and dirty beach actually in Phu Quoc, What about it and this is visible around the hotel ?
We were there last year, and the beach was absolutely disgusting. See pictures in post 275 and discussion before/after. Apparently this isn't a regular thing, and some people get the crystal-clear water you see in the pics on the hotel website. It may be seasonal or weather-related, but because it's unpredictable (and tbh also because we were underwhelmed by PQC and the JW), we won't be going back.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

I have a travel package 7 days booked there in march.
We were there in August this year and the beach and water were clean.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I’m going there this weekend and just had my SNA cleared exactly 5 days from check in. Pretty excited for the resort and to stay at the turquoise suite. Will report back :-)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
I just qualified for Gold and was hoping to get the breakfast discount. Anyway I could request this since I booked the rooms earlier in the year? UnfortunatelyI don't have an email from the property to show.

Originally Posted by KilburnFlyer
Golds no longer get discount on breakfast, however I was able to get free breakfast after showing them the email I had from the proper in February confirming the previously offered breakfast benefit on the same day I booked.

Red Rum was easily the best restaurant on-site and we ate most meals there, Jasmine one of the waiters there was absolutely brilliant. Top tip: Have the scallop salad and also the market fish (local one & also red snapper, both excellent).

We booked on points for 5 nights, Golds get 15% discount on F&B (not breakfast or room service though) as well as 20% off at the Spa. We had amazing massage treatments, they have a Spa "buffet" menu offer which was approx 3,500,000 dong for 2 people (1,750,00pp) which included 90mins of treatments which you could select from a range (eg. Facial+back massage+foot massage), yes it's expensive for Vietnam but in general terms decent value and amazing standard of treatment & facilities.

Happy hour in Dept of Chemistry is 5-7pm and is 2 for 1 on selected wine/cocktails & beers. Weekly drinks for elites (Gold & Plat) is on Thursday evenings and includes free flow wine/cocktails as well as a selection of canapes, a nice touch I thought.

As previously mentioned, a taxi is the best bet. You can get a Mai Lin or Vinasun taxi from the airport and it costs approx 250,000 dong
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SP03
I’m going there this weekend and just had my SNA cleared exactly 5 days from check in. Pretty excited for the resort and to stay at the turquoise suite. Will report back :-)
Can you ask for a generic email address to contact the hotel? I'd be happy to add it to the wiki.

Tell them my fax machine is broken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.