Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dlsherry
Does anyone know if the Pink Pearl restaurant finally opened? And what is the current status of Plat benefits offered at the hotel?
I believe Pink Pearl just opened a few weeks ago (roughly 2 weeks ago). Plat benefits is room upgrade and breakfast buffet for up to two guests.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by dlsherry
Does anyone know if the Pink Pearl restaurant finally opened? And what is the current status of Plat benefits offered at the hotel?
If it's the Thai restaurant that is pink across from the main restaurant, then yes it's open. They have a 9 course set menu that was too big for us, but it looks beautiful. Breakfast is included for plats and half off a selection of cocktails for happy hour at the bar.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I believe Pink Pearl just opened a few weeks ago (roughly 2 weeks ago). Plat benefits is room upgrade and breakfast buffet for up to two guests.
I just forgot but the F&B outlets also provide a 25% discount to Plat guests if you tell them that you're a Plat member. The discount doesn't apply to happy hour tabs or the Seafood Buffet at Tempus Fugit.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by azepine00
Phu quoc is not representative of vietnam. Even from food prospective it is probably more like cambodia which may explain why vietnamese dishes at the hotel are awful.
And that explains Cambodia's many attempts to claim the island.

Very well done.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Heads up that free breakfast will be gone soon (don't know date) for Gold/Plats. 50% discount on brekkie instead.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Heads up that free breakfast will be gone soon (don't know date) for Gold/Plats. 50% discount on brekkie instead.

Cheers.
I had emailed hotel about an upcoming stay and was also informed that Plat benefit was 50% discount on breakfast - seems pretty rubbish to me. I had thought all top-tier status offered comp breakfast and am new to Marriott so disappointed. Staying in a week so hopefully the change hasn't been introduced by then, but I'm not hopeful.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by price123
I had emailed hotel about an upcoming stay and was also informed that Plat benefit was 50% discount on breakfast - seems pretty rubbish to me. I had thought all top-tier status offered comp breakfast and am new to Marriott so disappointed. Staying in a week so hopefully the change hasn't been introduced by then, but I'm not hopeful.
Complimentary breakfasts are not a corporate benefit at Marriott resort properties, neither is a discount. This property extended it, apparently part of their strategy to ramp up bookings and buzz, and has now dialed it back just like they did with the points redemptions. They do offer a discount which is more than they're required to do.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:49 pm

It was great while it lasted
estnet and rustykettel like this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:28 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
When are you staying?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
With this property, I had some - just some - hope that Marriott was going to follow Starwood's policy on complimentary breakfasts for Platinum members at resorts. We have all have in mind that in the no so distant future, Starwood will completely disappear along with its policies.

If they do not keep that Starwood policy when they merge the programs, will Hilton and Hyatt follow suit?

Last edited by UASPG; Mar 2, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
the Marriott T&Cs of no breakfast at resorts is to be implemented at current SPG resort props too but saying SPG is better policy is not really true as what breakfast do SPG Gs get at SPG props - none. And even SPG P must choose between breakfast and arrival points vrs Marriott providing both to Ps

Originally Posted by UASPG
With this property, I had some - just some - hope that Marriott was going to follow Starwood's policy on complimentary breakfasts for Platinum members at resorts. We have all have in mind that in the no so distant future, Starwood will completely disappear along with its policies.

If they do not keep that Starwood policy when they merge the programs, will Hilton and Hyatt follow suit?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I think that is the wrong way to deal with a complaint. Being passive aggressive, saying nothing to management’s face, and then writing a negative public review does not help anything.

The best thing to do would be to let management know on the spot. If they really are hospitality professionals, they would have made it right. They could have provided service recovery and taken steps to solve the problem if you had told them. They aren’t mind readers, and they are more likely to make things right by you if you do NOT take the approach of writing a negative public review.
I've told them directly many times but the feedback on TripAdvisor from individual guests are better.

So right now they have a budget issue because many people are redeeming free night and they only get few dollars for each free stay.

So far I've told 1. They aim to raise category yearly up to 8. 2. as someone told platinum breakfast soon be gone 3. platinum happy hour is also
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Srisarin
the Marriott T&Cs of no breakfast at resorts is to be implemented at current SPG resort props too but saying SPG is better policy is not really true as what breakfast do SPG Gs get at SPG props - none. And even SPG P must choose between breakfast and arrival points vrs Marriott providing both to Ps
Even if I had to forgo 500 SPG pts, I'd much rather take the breakfast at properties like the JW Phu Quoc where breakfast costs can add up to $$$.

I agree that the Gold level is lame on the SPG side but it's hard to beat the breakfast benefit and room upgrades (including standard suites) for SPG Plats. It actually gives people a reason to requalify for SPG Plat.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Complimentary breakfasts are not a corporate benefit at Marriott resort properties, neither is a discount. This property extended it, apparently part of their strategy to ramp up bookings and buzz, and has now dialed it back just like they did with the points redemptions. They do offer a discount which is more than they're required to do.
Agree a discount is better than nothing. But it means there is little incentive to stay if no benefit for status. We are splitting our stay between the JW and Fusion, where we receive a pool villa, comp breakfast and 2hr spa treatments pppd. Of course, these are completely different experiences but when rate is similar, it seems we are getting much more bang for our buck at Fusion.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by t1c
When are you staying?
9-12 March

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.