Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Curious if anyone has stayed with their kids at this resort, is there is any kids club/activities? We will likely be squeezing in the trip during summer break so I would anticipate some weather during wet season. Anything indoors to keep kids happy?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
PointSavers Redemptions at 36k/night widely available from now until 31 August.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ken C
Curious if anyone has stayed with their kids at this resort, is there is any kids club/activities? We will likely be squeezing in the trip during summer break so I would anticipate some weather during wet season. Anything indoors to keep kids happy?
I don’t have kids but have noticed a kids’ club with very low ceilings, presumably to make the kids feel bigger.

Note: there is an email address in the wiki if you want to ask the hotel for more details.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Ken C
There was a kids club when we stayed about 4 years ago. There was an indoor room where kids could colour in pictures, look at books and I think it had a TV. There were also some paid activities - my kids did t-shirt making and lantern making.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:41 pm

I'm planning to spend 4 nights at the Regent PQ and 5 nights at the JW Marriott PQ. Which resort would you stay first? Will be traveling with 2 young children.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pleikupho
I'm planning to spend 4 nights at the Regent PQ and 5 nights at the JW Marriott PQ. Which resort would you stay first? Will be traveling with 2 young children.
I am in a similar situation with 2 young kids for a trip in December. Did you end up staying at both? Which did you prefer?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by mediaspork
I am in a similar situation with 2 young kids for a trip in December. Did you end up staying at both? Which did you prefer?
Following with a 2 and 4 year old.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Curious what recent experiences here look like?
puzo15 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:48 pm

JW Marriott Phu Quoc or Regent Phu Quoc?

Originally Posted by pleikupho
I am also debating which one to choose. If someone has stayed in both, could you please provide some feedback.Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puzo15
I am also debating which one to choose. If someone has stayed in both, could you please provide some feedback.Thanks!
I’ve been to both. The JW is really a fun property. I thoroughly enjoyed discovering all the quirky features that Bill Bensley put in (like the dog-themed bathroom). The breakfasts were wonderful. I’ve been there twice, first time for 7 nights (using the now obsolete 7 night travel package) and 2nd time for 5 nights (5th night free on points).

The Regent is abject luxury. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed in such a beautiful hotel. Plus if you have lounge access as one of your choice benefits, be prepared for free flowing Heidsieck champagne all day long. The lounge has very high end food choices. This hotel is an incredible value on points if you get the 4th night free with the Chase IHG card. It works out to about $200/night. I’ve only been there once (about a month ago) for 4 nights and can’t wait to go back. But I love going to hotels with nice lounges.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve been to both. The JW is really a fun property. I thoroughly enjoyed discovering all the quirky features that Bill Bensley put in (like the dog-themed bathroom). The breakfasts were wonderful. I’ve been there twice, first time for 7 nights (using the now obsolete 7 night travel package) and 2nd time for 5 nights (5th night free on points).

The Regent is abject luxury. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed in such a beautiful hotel. Plus if you have lounge access as one of your choice benefits, be prepared for free flowing Heidsieck champagne all day long. The lounge has very high end food choices. This hotel is an incredible value on points if you get the 4th night free with the Chase IHG card. It works out to about $200/night. I’ve only been there once (about a month ago) for 4 nights and can’t wait to go back. But I love going to hotels with nice lounges.
Thank you for the reply! This makes me feel better about staying at the Regent as I have already booked it for 4 nights on points. To be honest, I really wanted to stay at JW as I love Bill Bensley architecture style but sadly, I don't have any Marriott points left and was debating if it's worth paying cash for JW Marriott and canceling my Regent booking. Unfortunately, I won't have access to the Regent lounge as I am only Platinum.

Is the beach at JW Marriott really much better than at Regent? I wonder if perhaps I could just buy a day pass or have lunch at JW Marriott, so that I can spend some time at the property and look around.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puzo15
Thank you for the reply! This makes me feel better about staying at the Regent as I have already booked it for 4 nights on points. To be honest, I really wanted to stay at JW as I love Bill Bensley architecture style but sadly, I don't have any Marriott points left and was debating if it's worth paying cash for JW Marriott and canceling my Regent booking. Unfortunately, I won't have access to the Regent lounge as I am only Platinum.

Is the beach at JW Marriott really much better than at Regent? I wonder if perhaps I could just buy a day pass or have lunch at JW Marriott, so that I can spend some time at the property and look around.
I don’t think the properties are that close. Plus it would take more than a few hours to really appreciate Bill’s work.

I’m trying to remember the beach at the JW, and I think it was swimmable. The Regent beach is way too shallow. I think the water only went up to my knees in the large area that was roped off.

The Regent on points is a steal if you ask me and may not last. So just as well that you’re going there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.