Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:00 am

Question regarding AAA rate

I can see that the AAA rate is typically cheaper than BAR.

AAA is obviously for the US. I am living in Singapore. The equivalent AA is AAS of which I am a member. If I show my AAS card, will I qualify for the AAA rate too or is it strictly for US members?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I have used the AAA rate at various times, and I've never had anyone ask to see my membership card.

I think you would probably be safe using it or producing your AAS card if they ask.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I can see that the AAA rate is typically cheaper than BAR.

AAA is obviously for the US. I am living in Singapore. The equivalent AA is AAS of which I am a member. If I show my AAS card, will I qualify for the AAA rate too or is it strictly for US members?
Generally, AAA rates are good for all automobile associations. As stated above, I'm almost never asked for my card and I would bet if you showed your card, they'd not know the difference. Another route to check would be if your club has a travel website see if the property shows up there. But I'm sure you'd be fine.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:31 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Generally, AAA rates are good for all automobile associations.
+1.

FWIW, I've been asked for my AAA card a few times.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I'm in the same situation: I have one from Sweden and I'm wondering if I'm eligible for AAA rate.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:48 pm

I think this will answer everybody's question:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Found in "About Special Rates". Bolding mine.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:04 pm

Question regarding AAA rate

I have an AAA card that I can download and print from the homepage of my automobile club.

Last week I was asked for the card at checkin at Renaissance IRS in Vienna (AT).
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:10 pm

I have never been asked to produce my AAA card and use it on almost every stay.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:17 pm

Rarely in Europe, but almost everytime in Asia they ask for the card.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I have been asked once and am on the AAA rate virtually every stay. I thanked them, because I think eligibilty for the rate should be validated.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Last week I was asked for the card at checkin at Renaissance IRS in Vienna (AT).
That's funny, I was at the same hotel at the same time and was not asked for the card.

I was asked at the Vienna Marriott a couple of years ago, and occasionally at other properties, most recently the NY Marquis a few weeks ago. Maybe < 5%.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold

This is a first. I received an e-mail this morning thanking me for choosing this property for my upcoming stay at the Orlando World Center. They noticed that I booked the AAA discounted rate and because they want to protect the integrity of this rate the AAA travel manager has asked the resort to verify eligibility for this rate and I am to be prepared to show proof at check-in. If not presented I will be charged the best available rate at time of check-in. Since I never book anything that I'm not eligible for this won't be a problem. Just seems odd to get an e-mail ahead of stay. I've stayed with many different chains and this is a first. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old May 25, 2016, 3:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There's a few older threads on being asked to produce an AAA card (in 20+ years of staying at MR properties, I think I've been asked once or twice). Like you, I don't have a problem with the policy and kudos to the property for the proactive notice. I'd be pretty annoyed if the check-in line was held up by people who either forgot to bring their card or who had the gut to try and bluff their way out of producing it.

I know Hilton requires me to enter in my AAA into the reservation before I can book the rate; I always wondered why Marriott didn't do the same.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I would be happy to see this enforced. Worst case scenario, if I forget my card, I can pull it up on my phone.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I know Hilton requires me to enter in my AAA into the reservation before I can book the rate; I always wondered why
Marriott didn't do the same.
Choice even requires you to enter your AAA number on their website as well. with this statement when entering your personal information (if not logged in).
(This rate plan requires a valid AAA/CAA ID number to complete the reservation, and must be presented at check-in.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.