Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: none ;-)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
For a faster service though, I would recommend taking the KLIA Ekspres Train for RM 35 oneway, and then from there, take a taxi (with coupon system based on distance) for around RM 18 or less, to the Westin. The person at the counter knows where the hotels are so no problem with that. Don't bother with KLIA VIP service which includes a merc car waiting for you at KL Sentral station. It costs 2x more than the above suggestion of train+Taxi.

English is widely spoken (though some may not pronounce words accurately).
I will have my full luggage with me (1 big suitcase and 1 on board trolley), so I think a taxi would be my first choice especially as the price difference is not that high and I will have time on zhis one as it is ourely leisure. But thanks anyways.

Or is there another reason for taking the train besides the time?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by archoftj
I will have my full luggage with me (1 big suitcase and 1 on board trolley), so I think a taxi would be my first choice especially as the price difference is not that high and I will have time on zhis one as it is ourely leisure. But thanks anyways.

Or is there another reason for taking the train besides the time?
I stayed in Westin Kuala Lumpur few months ago. You want to be very careful about taking taxi, especially in airport. There are many extremely friendly taxi drivers running around in the airport arriving hall. Don't ever listen to them. They charge foreigner triple or more. Last time few guys tried to charge me 200RM to Sheraton Subang, which is about half way to KL. So that makes 400 RM for KL. Are you willing to pay that? Try not to take taxi. If you really have to, try really hard to find a taxi center nearby. There is always a lady or two inside the taxi stand cashier counter. They will charge you fairly according to number of passagers and luggages using that taxi. Somehow, in KL, there are many different ways a taxi can charge you. Even if you went by meter, somehow, different meters start from different rates. I don't know, and I don't understand how that work. Anyway, a taxi should only charge you around 100RM from airport to KL. Don't pay too much.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I'm trying to build up my SPG points, hence have chosen to book at this hotel instead of the Traders. Will be staying there this September. They also have a twin-tower view room. Is the view good?

Also, are the suites worth paying the extra? It's only RM200++ difference for double the size.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, the suites are huge. I think they are worth 200r if you want to make sure you get a suite. And since they are at the corners of the building they will give you a broader view, if I recall correctly.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriot Bonvoy
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I'm trying to build up my SPG points, hence have chosen to book at this hotel instead of the Traders. Will be staying there this September. They also have a twin-tower view room. Is the view good?

i think u can't get full twin tower view as sheraton imperial. it has been blocked by pavillion residences.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BENLEE
You will not beat the view of the towers from the Traders!!

The view of the towers from the Westin, well as said, is partly blocked by the Pavillion Residences, see my (poor) photo here from the Exec Lounge:-

In any instance, I find the view from the Sheraton Imperial much better than the Westin's. See my photo from my upgraded suite room:-

Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Just an update, the fare will be increased by approx MYR10 effective 1st August 2009.
As of yesterday the fare was still 67.40 MYR! Everything went very smooth, so there is defenitely so reason to pay the premium for the hotels pickup service.

By the way KL is really great.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by archoftj
As of yesterday the fare was still 67.40 MYR! Everything went very smooth, so there is defenitely so reason to pay the premium for the hotels pickup service.
I am not sure how you managed to do that, but I have my taxi coupon from yesterday's ride in front of me and it says RM74.30 .
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mario33
I am not sure how you managed to do that, but I have my taxi coupon from yesterday's ride in front of me and it says RM74.30 .
I just went to the counter you advised me to go and paid want the lady wanted, no trick on that. Were are you right now, mind joining me for a drink?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Stay Report

Platinum recognition – Upgraded from standard room to a beautiful suite, offered amenity at check in, points posted promptly. Enjoyed the lounge.
Room- Very large, modern and comfortable. Large expanses of glass in lounge room, bedroom and main bathroom. Extra toilet near entrance.
Service- Excellent.
Food- Loved the buffet breakfast. Also tried Qba restaurant, terrific atmosphere, food and service.
Location- Just perfect, a highlight of this hotel. End Short Version.

This was a mother/daughter trip and our first visit to KL. We decided to try a couple of Starwood hotels so stayed 2 nights here then moved to the Sheraton. Both of these hotels, although different in many ways, are outstanding.

The location of the Westin is just perfect. Right in the middle of a great shopping area, we would shop and then pop back to our room to offload parcels. Next stop the lounge to help ourselves to a cold drink, recoup and plan which shopping mall to visit next.

The Pavilion Mall is literally across the road. From outside it looks full of designer stores but there are everyday items available, we bought a prepaid sim card on the lower floor. You will also find chemists, cheap food outlets and other restaurants inside. There is a good, reasonably priced Italian Restaurant on the sixth floor of the Pavilion. The hotel is a very short walk from the monorail and a bank. For convenience I don’t think you could do better than the Westin.

The public areas of the hotel are sleek and modern. I won’t write a long description of the suite because you can see my pics, although these really don’t do it justice, it was larger than it looks.

Lounge access gives the option of breakfast in the Living Room. Don’t miss it, one of the best breakfast buffets I’ve had, ever. A tip, before you start eating anything, find the bakery section, that way you know how much room to leave for the huge selection of freshly baked goodies.

The service here was wonderful, from house keeping, lounge, Qba restaurant to the concierge. I really could not find fault with anything and would stay here again.

My next report will be the Sheraton Imperial, once again it will be glowing, but not because I’m very easy to please. The hotels we visited in Malaysia are a credit to Starwood.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3063128...605726/detail/
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:25 pm

hi, snufl.
nice pictures you shoot especially the view in WKL08, where did you take it? i never notice that kl tower can be viewed from westin.

Originally Posted by snufl

Lounge access gives the option of breakfast in the Living Room. Don’t miss it, one of the best breakfast buffets I’ve had, ever. A tip, before you start eating anything, find the bakery section, that way you know how much room to leave for the huge selection of freshly baked goodies.
i prefer to have breakfast at lounge rather than the living room. at lounge, you can seat anywhere you like but they lead you to the table at the living room and the tables for 2 are too close (side by side) and dark. i like the 'superfoodRx' but at lounge the choice is limited. anyway, i don't take so much breakfast but i like to see their variety of choices. among 3 starwood hotels in kl, i think Le Meridien breakfast at latest recipe is the best.

Last edited by angeline77; Sep 19, 2009 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:40 pm

Hi angeline77, I'm so pleased you liked the pics. Before we left home I seached for photos of a suite (nice to know what you are hoping for) but couldn't find any. At least these should give some idea of what to expect for first time visitors. We could see the tower from our room. The photo was taken through the window in the loungeroom.

Thanks for the tip about breakfast at Le Meridien, it is now on my "to do" list. At home I eat sensibly but confess, on holiday, I eat all the things I shouldn't. Seeing shelf upon shelf of freshly baked, buttery pastries at the Westin, to me, was like finding a pot of gold.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:14 pm

Seeing shelf upon shelf of freshly baked, buttery pastries at the Westin, to me, was like finding a pot of gold.

^^^ satisfaction through eyes
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Westin KL for a few nights a little over a year ago and agree with you that that the breakfast in The Living Room was superb. Different areas and rooms of the restaurant were devoted to a nice assortment of cuisines of various ethnicities, including Chinese, Japanese and Western (which I opted to skip).

Other sections of the restaurant included excellent Malaysian and Indian dishes and, of course, The Bakery, in which guests could help themselves to hundreds of tasty morsels, all arrayed amongst a large assemblage of shelves and display cases. When all was said and done and I could eat no more, I briefly toyed with the idea of availing myself of the Heavenly Bed conveniently situated in the middle of The Living Room but opted to haul myself back to my suite instead.

Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by LarryU
When all was said and done and I could eat no more, I briefly toyed with the idea of availing myself of the Heavenly Bed conveniently situated in the middle of The Living Room but opted to haul myself back to my suite instead.
LarryU, you are brilliant. Perhaps this could be a new Westin concept, Camp out in the Living Room and Snooze between Courses.

The Conceive at Westin is of no use to me at all, but I'd register for this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.