Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by diablo77
Do they have afternoon tea included with club access?
Kind of....it's quite limited though.
The big feast is in the evening.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Do you have a shot of the benefits for Titanium members ?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Disregard

Last edited by Norexan; Oct 20, 2023 at 10:45 pm
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I recently spent a night at this hotel and pretty much agree with all the other recent reviews posted here. I was also given an apartment suite that was lovely and greatly appreciated, albeit overkill for a one night stay. Mine was on the 13th floor. Just some random points:

- Bukit Bintang on a Saturday is CRAZY busy. The immediate area by the hotel is fine but walk a minute to the west and you will be in a sea of people. It can be downright claustrophobic and the hot and humid weather will not help.
- Road noise during the evening wasn't an issue for me as there is so much traffic that cars can barely move. However during middle of the night when the streets have emptied, the fast & furious crowd of KL likes to zoom zoom up and down the main street, echoing throughout all the skyscrapers in the area and you will hear that unless you're a heavy sleeper.
- Extremely friendly and helpful staff. My FDA even remembered my name hours after I checked-in despite hundreds of guests staying there.
- The chicken wing restaurant at the western end of the nearby Jalan Alor Night Market has the most amazing wings. Go eat there! Avoid the french fry restaurant though by Pavilion Mall. People queue there for like 30-45 minutes for fries. There are no fries that good to queue up for that long.
- The apparently legendary chocolate cake wasn't on offer in the lounge the night I was there. Also, cocktails aren't available either now. Just wine or beer.
- I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel but for the future, I think I might pick a different, quieter neighbourhood.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:27 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
just finished a 1-night stay here recently to try it out. (coming from spectacular stay at grand hyatt might affect my sentiment.)

this was my first (and most likely the last) stay at this hotel. asked for a real suite (not apartment) prior to arrival and they graciously granted it to me.

arrived around 2.30pm, my room was not ready. was brought to the lounge for waiting, just in time for the afternoon snack which imo, ones can skip it without losing much.

lounge space is quite nice and spacious, plenty of proper seating but no view to speak of except the pavilion mall across the street. about 20 mins later, my room key was handed to me.

the suite itselt is spacious though furnishing and decorating are quite bland with some wear and tear. lots of waste space too.

no amenities or welcome letter or anything. the minibar was still empty. a/c could also be improved.

as expected from a westin hotel, the bed is divine. no view to speak of just the neighbor Pavilion mall, JWM and RC.

the evening hours is pretty generous. however food&drink offering were a bit letdown. service was also very cold, slow and not welcoming.

i ordered a cocktail at the bar and it never arrived. no bubbles just red or white wines (i didn't expect anything fancy though). all food tasted mediocre. i ended up leaving the lounge around 7.30pm (spent <45 mins there).

i did room service that evening as i did't have much food in the lounge. the food came incorrectly as indicated in the in-room dining menu, also no 20% discount as club guest benefit (written in club benefit letter they gave me at c/i). they offered to replace the new dish but i had finished it already so i declined and told them to bill it with 20% discount. to thier credit, at c/o they removed all the in-room dining charge.

the breakfast at downstair restaurant was disappointing. they offered good variety but not in quality. the food also tasted mediocre. not to mention service because there is very little. the restaurant itself is kind of depressing as almost no natural light and low ceiling.

the pool is quite small for the hotel of this size. gym is very good but tight space.

some might consider the location of this hotel is the best for tourists. however i personally prefer other location as i used grab immensely when in KL. this bukit bintang area is kind of hell for car traffic.

​​​​​​overall it was a no-go for me.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I ordered a cocktail at the bar and it never arrived. no bubbles just red or white wines (i didn't expect anything fancy though). all food tasted mediocre. i ended up leaving the lounge around 7.30pm (spent <45 mins there).
Been wanting to try Westin KL, but this is a deal breaker for me. The Prosecco at LM's evening cocktails is quite good and overall lounge experience flawless. Guess I'll be heading back to LM when next in KL.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by 80proofGalleyCart
Been wanting to try Westin KL, but this is a deal breaker for me. The Prosecco at LM's evening cocktails is quite good and overall lounge experience flawless. Guess I'll be heading back to LM when next in KL.
They have a very nice lounge, good food offerings, but saving a few dollars ( maybe even not saving) on some bubbly seeks counter productive. I stay here when solo but
not when with the wife for the same reason,
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
They have a very nice lounge, good food offerings, but saving a few dollars ( maybe even not saving) on some bubbly seeks counter productive. I stay here when solo but
not when with the wife for the same reason,
Fair point. I don't care much for the restaurant breakfast at LM, to be honest. How does Westin compare in your opinion?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by 80proofGalleyCart
Fair point. I don't care much for the restaurant breakfast at LM, to be honest. How does Westin compare in your opinion?
Its OK, to be honest its very normal for Malaysia, lots of variety, but nothing that for me is standout, but that might well be just my taste. It can get a bit busy at times.
80proofGalleyCart likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.