Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:14 pm

I just booked a 2BR residence for an upcoming stay. How are the residences different than regular suites?

Also, does anyone know the answer the question below?

Originally Posted by fraserm
Hi there,

can anyone advise whether the executive residences give access to the club lounge? If so, if there were four guests in a 2 bedroom residence, would all four get access to the lounge?

Thanks for your help.

Fraserm
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I just booked a 2BR residence for an upcoming stay. How are the residences different than regular suites?

I've stayed in the 2BR residence once. The room configuration is almost exactly the same as the suites in the hotel. An additional bedroom is attached from the living room area. An additional kitchenette is attached opposite the living room toilet. The rest is the same - living room with surround sound system, dining table set, 1st bedroom with corner toilet/shower/bath.
As a platinum and regular guest at the hotel, the manager on the executive club floor was kind enough to access to the whole lot of us (5adult 2 children).
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:02 am

Here are the pics of the Westin Suite.

http://meremalearoundtheworld.blogsp...lumpur_10.html

For the 2-bedroom apartment, just imagine :
- minus foyer toilet, insert kitchenette
- insert door to 2nd bedroom where the writing desk is
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mario33
If you are "upgraded" to a clubroom/suite, you are not entitled to the "club" level benefits at the Sheraton Imperial; your only benefit is club lounge access and breakfast is restricted to the lounge (unless they have changed their policy recently)

Only the Westin & LeMeridien give platinum the option of breakfast in their restaurants.
Even if you are an SPG Gold and book a Club room do you still get to eat breakfast in the restaurants?

Now, which is a better choice(Westin or LM) for a one night escapade?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Even if you are an SPG Gold and book a Club room do you still get to eat breakfast in the restaurants?

Now, which is a better choice(Westin or LM) for a one night escapade?
At LM, Club level guests have the choice of breakfast in the lounge, or in the main restaurant.

Depends what you want to do on your escapde. If you want to be out and about, the location of the Westin is better.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by camsean
At LM, Club level guests have the choice of breakfast in the lounge, or in the main restaurant.

Depends what you want to do on your escapde. If you want to be out and about, the location of the Westin is better.
It is a more relaxation outing. Is there anywhere we can get a good massage? Is it better to get this done in the hotels?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:22 pm

I will be in KL for a wedding next month. The celebration is at a restaurant near the Prince Hotel. Other family is staying at Traders---if I stay at the Westin, will I be spending a lot of time sitting traffic trying to meet up with them---or is it fairly convenient? I've got no idea of what traffic is like!
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by joanek
I will be in KL for a wedding next month. The celebration is at a restaurant near the Prince Hotel. Other family is staying at Traders---if I stay at the Westin, will I be spending a lot of time sitting traffic trying to meet up with them---or is it fairly convenient? I've got no idea of what traffic is like!
Prince Hotel & Residence is about 5-10 min walk from Westin KL. It is just after the Pavillion shopping center which is opposite to the Westin KL.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:40 am

thanks very much!

Originally Posted by meremale
Prince Hotel & Residence is about 5-10 min walk from Westin KL. It is just after the Pavillion shopping center which is opposite to the Westin KL.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joanek
Westin is in front of the Pavillion Mall, while Prince is behind the Pavillion. Just walk through the mall and you will see the building with a green facade.

Traders is slightly further down from Prince, you can probably walk to Traders in 10-15min. If you take a cab, it can take anything from 3min to half hour depending on traffic; its a short ride from Traders to Westin, but due to the direction of traffic flow its a longer loop in the reverse direction from Westin to Traders. If traffic is bad and the weather not too warm, it might be worthwhile to just walk (remember to walk through Pavillion to reduce the distance)
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:50 am

I had a good stay last month. The entrance to the residence tower is closed, so we must use the main hotel entrance.

My biggest problem with the 2 bedroom suite is not the suite itself. It's the noise coming from the pub below. We were not on a very high floor and IIRC there is only one 2 BR unit per floor. From the master bedroom, the noise was rather unbearable. It was very audible until about 2AM when (I assumed) it closed.

As a Plat, I was given Lounge access to all suite occupants and option to have breakfast at main restaurant.

Although there is no view to speak of, the location of this hotel is very good. Extremely convenient to Pavillion Mall, which is just across the street.

Originally Posted by broadwayboy

Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:57 pm

Thank you for the added info...I can usually stand heat and humidity, so will probably be able to manage the walk. (or at least hope to!)

Originally Posted by mario33
Westin is in front of the Pavillion Mall, while Prince is behind the Pavillion. Just walk through the mall and you will see the building with a green facade.

Traders is slightly further down from Prince, you can probably walk to Traders in 10-15min. If you take a cab, it can take anything from 3min to half hour depending on traffic; its a short ride from Traders to Westin, but due to the direction of traffic flow its a longer loop in the reverse direction from Westin to Traders. If traffic is bad and the weather not too warm, it might be worthwhile to just walk (remember to walk through Pavillion to reduce the distance)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Just checked out of Westin KL yesterday. As usual, the hotel has not disappointed me. It was a great stay!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: BA gold
Can anyone tell me what time the club lounge closes?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jimcleaver
Can anyone tell me what time the club lounge closes?
If I'm not wrong, I think it is 11pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.