Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by suzywoozy
If I'm not wrong, I think it is 11pm.
Ta Suzywoozy
Old May 5, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG VIP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Can someone post pictures of the 2 bedroom residence/apartment from the Westin KL? There seems to be none available on the web.

This would be greatly appreciated!^
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
checked into this property late last night....took us about an hour to get here from the airport....location is great, right in front of a huge mall....

here for a 4 day stay....2 days i'm using the spg50 rate & cashing in free weekend nights for the other 2 nights....

check-in was quick but i had rare suite upgrade miss in asia....only my second non-suite room for this year....but still got an upgrade to a club room on the top floor....good views of the city....also got free breakfast....i never asked for a suite but i was told that since the hotel is full for the next 3 days, the best room they can give me is the club room....

the room was quite nice....fairly large....but the air conditioning seemed to be a little off....it was not cooling properly....the room was not warm but we could have definitely used a little more cooling....since it was almost 2am by the time we got to our room, i decided to let it be & complain in the morning....i had a meeting at 9am this morning & didn't want to wait all night for maintainance to come in & try to fix the ac....

at 6am the alarm clock went off on my wife's side of the bed....the previous occupants of the room must have set it for that time....i guess this is something housekeeping can take a look at after the previous guest has checked out....

got up about an hour later & there was no hot water in the bathroom....i called to complain & they said they would send someone up immediately....i waited about 15 minutes but when no one came i just took a shower with cold water....before i left for my meeting i went down to the front desk to complain....the reservations manager was there & apologised for all the problems....i told them that they should either have everything fixed by the time i came back to the hotel or they should move us to another room....next thing i know all of a sudden a suite opened up & he offered to move us there....

i called my wife from the lobby & told her we were moving to another room & i left for my meeting....given the fact that it was 9am in the morning when we moved & the suite was all clean & ready to be used, i'm guessing it was also available when we checked in last night around 2am....

the suite is very nice....seperate sitting area, 2 bathrooms, nice sized bedroom, large dining area....the view from the club room was a lot better though....

haven't been to the lounge yet so will update this post after i have done that....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
they should move us to another room....next thing i know all of a sudden a suite opened up & he offered to move us there....
Since its past mid-night the suite was probably blocked for a higher priority platinum (eg regular guest, paying higher room rate etc) checking-in later that day.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
Since its past mid-night the suite was probably blocked for a higher priority platinum (eg regular guest, paying higher room rate etc) checking-in later that day.
i checked in at 2am & was told only club rooms available....7 hours later at 9am they move me to a suite instead of another club room....keep in mind, i never asked for a suite....

if the suite was blocked for another plat then they should not have given it to me at 9am....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:01 pm
Suspended

if the suite was blocked for another plat then they should not have given it to me at 9am....
They can always give that platinum a specialty suite instead ....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, A-Club Gold
Among the SPG hotels in KL, I've had the worst upgrade record with Westin. Only upgraded once out of 4 stays, and on that day there was a scheduled cable repair (which they didn't tell us at check-in) where the electricity was cut-off for about 6 hours.

Oh and btw, this 5* hotel still uses old CRT TVs.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by larrylim
I believe they are in the process of replacing the tv sets to lcd. The Westin KL is only 5 star based on local rating, which seems to rate everything as 5 star as long as it has a foreign brand.

The suites here are quite reasonably priced, and due to its location these suites are very popular with tourists from certain countries known for being big spenders. Having said that, the odds of not getting a suite upgrade for plats is fairly even with the 3 properties, may the SI has slightly more suites for upgrade.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They can always give that platinum a specialty suite instead ....
like i said before....7 hours ago there was no suite available & then all of a sudden there was....just seems strange to me....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by larrylim
I believe they are in the process of replacing the tv sets to lcd.
the tv in the club room & the 2 tvs in my suite are 42' lcd tvs....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:59 pm
Suspended

like i said before....7 hours ago there was no suite available & then all of a sudden there was....just seems strange to me....
Sorry, I dont follow your line of thought.

Unless you are suggesting that you should be the one getting the specialty suite when you checked in at 2am. If the hotel decided to open up a specialty suite for a priority platinum so that it would free up a standard suite for you to "compensate" you for your inconvenience, its entirely at their perogative. Specialty suites are normally not meant for platinum upgrades.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I dont follow your line of thought.

Unless you are suggesting that you should be the one getting the specialty suite when you checked in at 2am. If the hotel decided to open up a specialty suite for a priority platinum so that it would free up a standard suite for you to "compensate" you for your inconvenience, its entirely at their perogative. Specialty suites are normally not meant for platinum upgrades.
how do you know they were holding a speciality suite for a priority plat guest????when i checked in i was told the hotel is completely full for the next 3 days....

for all i know they were not full, they did have a suite, the agent did not want to give it to me, when i went down in the morning & spoke with a manager about problems with my room then they decided to give it to me....that seems much more likely than your senario....
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:00 am
Suspended

how do you know they were holding a speciality suite for a priority plat guest????
Lets ignore that part on specialty suite which is just pure speculation on my part.

I was saying they didnt give you a suite at 2am because the suite could have been blocked for someone else. Because of the problems that you faced in your room, the manager made the decision to unblock the suite and gave it you. Are you disputing the possibility of this scenario ? AFAIK this hotel does not withhold standard suites from platinum upgrades.

The manager could have just changed your room to another club room, and I think you should be thankful you finally got a suite. I believe its your first stay at this hotel, and trust me there are many more platinums ahead of you in the upgrade queue.

Last edited by mario33; Jun 26, 2010 at 10:07 am
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lets ignore that part on specialty suite which is just pure speculation on my part.

I was saying they didnt give you a suite at 2am because the suite could have been blocked for someone else. Because of the problems that you faced in your room, the manager made the decision to unblock the suite and gave it you. Are you disputing the possibility of this scenario ? AFAIK this hotel does not withhold standard suites from platinum upgrades.

The manager could have just changed your room to another club room, and I think you should be thankful you finally got a suite. I believe its your first stay at this hotel, and trust me there are many more platinums ahead of you in the upgrade queue.
not disputing the possibility of any senario....as i said before, i never asked for the suite either at 2am or at 9am....i was happy with the room i got (before discovering all the problems)....i never said this hotel withheld standard suites from plats....

my initial statement was simply that the suite which was given to me at 9am was in all probability available at 2am as well....doesn't matter if the agent didn't want me to have it or if it was blocked for another plat or any other reason....

why would you say there are many more plats ahead of me in the upgrade queue????are you saying a plat who has 10-15 stays a year at a particular property is way ahead of a plat who has 75+ spg stays or 200+ nights in spg hotels a year????
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:52 am
Suspended

why would you say there are many more plats ahead of me in the upgrade queue????are you saying a plat who has 10-15 stays a year at a particular property is way ahead of a plat who has 75+ spg stays or 200+ nights in spg hotels a year????
Is this your 1st or 100th stay at the Westin KL ?

And your room rate is .......

EDIT : having read your question again, ofcourse a plat with 10-15 stays at a particular property is more highly regarded (at the hotel) than one who is staying for the first time but has 75 stays worldwide.

Last edited by mario33; Jun 26, 2010 at 11:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.