Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azeckel
no club lounge at either dolphin or swan
Thanks, was hoping to save a few bucks off the Disney bankroll but not surprised it is no longer offered

Also, is there any trick to redeeming points for a suite? I just tried to book a suite for any 5 consecutive nights in September or Oct at either the Swan or Dolphin and was told no availability. The hotel has plenty of regular rooms on points and this is the slow time for DW. Do you still have to book a suite on points farther than 5-6 months out?

Last edited by dukenilnil; Apr 8, 2014 at 11:45 am
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by dukenilnil
Thanks, was hoping to save a few bucks off the Disney bankroll but not surprised it is no longer offered
You could always loiter around whatever conference is going on and use a make-shift nametag to score a muffin.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:48 am

Also, is there any trick to redeeming points for a suite? I just tried to book a suite for any 5 consecutive nights in September or Oct at either the Swan or Dolphin and was told no availability. The hotel has plenty of regular rooms on points and this is the slow time for DW. Do you still have to book a suite on points farther than 5-6 months out?
You're probably running into Convention pressure.

Cheers,
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

Originally Posted by Flews
You're probably running into Convention pressure.

Cheers,
Correct! Slow time for WDW is prime time for conventions and conventions suck up the suites.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:05 pm

Here now

So far we have been having a fairly decent stay. Housekeeping seems to be hit or miss with coming before 3-4pm and no refresh of tea or lotion unless we follow back around but it seems pretty normal nowadays. The buffet at Garden Grove seems like a slightly higher quality with lots of berries and a yogurt bar but my better 1/2 likes the sticky buns at Fresh. 😊 we chose the "quiet" side of the Dolphin so we wouldn't hear the Friendship boats' horns morning, noon, and night and really enjoy the peace and quiet early in the morning - it's vacation after all. We tried Captain's Grille, Cabana, Flying Fish, Jiko, and Il Mulino so far and like Jiko the best by far- great short ribs, wild boar app, and monkfish. Looks like only 1 day of rain for all 9 days of our stay so we're loving the pools, too.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:38 am

SPG Platinum July Stay at Dolphin

Just finshed a stay at the Dolphin as a SPG Platinum.

Here is a run down of the benefits received -
- Upgrade from standard room to Jr. Suite
- The daily resort fee was waived
- Platinum gift choice of daily breakfast for 2, swan boat ride, or 500 points. I chose the breakfast. For breakfast you can eat at the Fresh Mediterranean Market in the Dolphin or at the Garden Grove in the Swan. Both places have buffet or a la carte. The plat gift includes a continental breakfast (you get them yourself and can grab yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, grits, pastries, and maybe a cpl other things). OR you can pay $8 per person to upgrade to the buffet. On weekends (Sat and Sun for sure, maybe Fri) the Garden Grove has a character meal with some combo of Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale. If you stick with the continental option you get a free character breakfast. This is a pretty good deal imo. We went to the Garden Grove arnd 10a and it got quiet quickly. It was dead and older children/adults at this time. It was the most peaceful character breakfast I had ever been too.
- there are no clubs lounges at the swan or dolphin (there used to be but are no more)

Note: they do participate in the green choice program at 500 pts/nt
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:19 pm

Quick Question,

What type of coffee makers are in the room? I usually bring my own coffee, and I need to know if I should stock up on Pods, or K-Cups or what.

Thanks,
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Quick Question,

What type of coffee makers are in the room? I usually bring my own coffee, and I need to know if I should stock up on Pods, or K-Cups or what.

Thanks,
I'm drawing a blank. But no need to bring your own. Coffee's free; they'll give you as much as you want if you ask.

Cheers,
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
I'm drawing a blank. But no need to bring your own. Coffee's free; they'll give you as much as you want if you ask.

Cheers,
I think its the starbucks in the bags.. you stuff the filter bag into top of the coffee maker and pray for no spills..
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:50 am

Cheers,
Ahh, yes, but ask my better half if that hotel coffee is good enough... :-)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Quick Question,

Thanks,
It's the single cup kind where you stuff a pod-type thing into a coffee maker. Not K-Cup. All Starwoods seem to have these.

Like this (taken off the random internet): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LUXCWgH4bn...0/IMG_0248.JPG
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by kitkat77
It's the single cup kind where you stuff a pod-type thing into a coffee maker. Not K-Cup. All Starwoods seem to have these.

Like this (taken off the random internet): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LUXCWgH4bn...0/IMG_0248.JPG
Perfect KitKat, thanks...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm booking a stay for early March. I will have my wife and daughter. I see they have something called "Family Rooms." The picture kind of looks like the rooms might have a pull out sofa bed.

Anyone have experience w/ these family rooms?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dingo
I'm booking a stay for early March. I will have my wife and daughter. I see they have something called "Family Rooms." The picture kind of looks like the rooms might have a pull out sofa bed.

Anyone have experience w/ these family rooms?
The description of the room specifically states it has a pull-out sofa bed.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...sId=1000042579
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thank you, and my bad for being lazy. I'd looked at the room descriptions on the booking pages but not at the hotel website. Thanks for linking it up for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.