Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
I had a great 8-night stay at the Dolphin in late January-early February - one of countless stays over many years. I had booked one of their larger rooms, but was upgraded to a grand suite - a happy, complimentary surprise, and a first suite upgrade here for me. Breakfast is now being served in Rosa Mexicano (which replaced the former Fresh restaurant), and I liked it better than ever. My husband enjoyed the avocado toast and granola parfait on the continental breakfast, while I enjoyed the full buffet, especially the Mickey Waffles and good maple syrup. The hot buffet is done differently now - the eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. are kept warm in very hot pans still sitting on stove burners (a chef serves you from them - the pans are too far way, and too hot, for you to serve yourself), and this method seems to keep the food hot and in better condition than standard buffet pans. The eggs stay hot, and the waffles stay warm and crisp, and not dried out. The elite breakfast benefit covered the continental buffet (which otherwise costs $21), but if applied to other items was worth $15 (bringing the cost of the full breakfast buffet from roughly $30 to $15). We were told that if we wanted to apply the breakfast benefit to a la carte items, we both had to choose that option - one person could not use it for the buffet while the other ordered a la carte. We really enjoyed our breakfasts. Lunch at the poolside Cabana Grill was as good as ever - a great option even when too cool for swimming. Housekeeping was back to everyday service, staffing seemed to be good and back to pre-pandemic levels, while convention business was booming. It is helpful to download the Swan/Dolphin’s own app - using the chat feature on the app gets you a much faster response to questions or requests than attempting to call.
mplflyer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by Marykatesmom
Call them. Just be sure the number of guests in the room matches the number of people going to the parks.
Originally Posted by Retiredlife
I agree with the advice to call the Dolphin. I had to call them a few weeks ago because I had accidentally reserved the room for one person, instead of two (so the Disney app was only showing me in the room) and they were able to fix it easily. The guy I talked to said it should show up as two people in the Disney app within an hour, but it took 2 or 3. I know that’s not the same as your problem, but it makes me believe they can easily get things to show up on Disney’s records.
Just to close the loop on this, calling was the right answer. The first telephone agent, who seemed to be a Swan or Dolphin employee, wasn't able to help me. But she transferred me to the onsite Disney planning desk, and the Disney cast member was able to help. I'm not sure exactly what she did, but I got the impression that she created a "dummy" reservation in My Disney Experience for my dates of stay. From there, I was able to add my guest and book WDW experiences.
Retiredlife likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.