Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
SNA?

Staying here 4 nights in March - 2 adults, 1 kiddo. We have a traditional resort view, 2 double - cheapest room at the time of reservation. Rates in the area seem stupid expensive to me, but I get it, it's Disney during Spring Break time. Anyway, I'm platinum. Would you recommend using SNAs here? No suites are selectable - looks like deluxe "resort view" rooms with balconies. I'm sort of dreading the whole Disney thing, doing it for our kiddo. Wouldn't mind the extra space and a balcony. But essentially my question is, what are our chances of being upgraded to a similar room *without* using SNAs?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Just completed a stay this past weekend. A few updates:
  • The breakfast-instead-of-points certificates now function as a $20 ($10/guest, up to 2 guests) post-tax voucher. The certificate says it can be used at Fresh Market [permanently closed], Garden Grove, Fuel, or Java. Breakfast is being temporarily served at bluezoo; we did not visit bluezoo for breakfast and did not try to use vouchers there. We instead used them at Garden Grove and at Fuel.
  • The compensatory amenity to make up for elites having to pay for a resort fee that includes Internet is now access to the changing rooms and relaxation areas at the Mandara Spa. Previously, a nominal amount of points (125 points/night) was provided as the compensatory amenity.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by lbbzman
  • The breakfast-instead-of-points certificates now function as a $20 ($10/guest, up to 2 guests) post-tax voucher. The certificate says it can be used at Fresh Market [permanently closed], Garden Grove, Fuel, or Java. Breakfast is being temporarily served at bluezoo; we did not visit bluezoo for breakfast and did not try to use vouchers there. We instead used them at Garden Grove and at Fuel.
  • The compensatory amenity to make up for elites having to pay for a resort fee that includes Internet is now access to the changing rooms and relaxation areas at the Mandara Spa. Previously, a nominal amount of points (125 points/night) was provided as the compensatory amenity.
Thanks! Is Garden Grove a continental buffet or a la carte also?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by najama2
Thanks! Is Garden Grove a continental buffet or a la carte also?
It is a la carte only.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AirD0c
Staying here 4 nights in March - 2 adults, 1 kiddo. We have a traditional resort view, 2 double - cheapest room at the time of reservation. Rates in the area seem stupid expensive to me, but I get it, it's Disney during Spring Break time. Anyway, I'm platinum. Would you recommend using SNAs here? No suites are selectable - looks like deluxe "resort view" rooms with balconies. I'm sort of dreading the whole Disney thing, doing it for our kiddo. Wouldn't mind the extra space and a balcony. But essentially my question is, what are our chances of being upgraded to a similar room *without* using SNAs?
You could try SNAs at Dolphin. I've never had a suite at Dolphin. I've had a couple of suites over at Swan as complimentary upgrades. I've gotten two types of suites - A suite with a separate parlor, and a Governor's suite, which was totally wasted on one person - dining area, two parlors, two baths. It's be great for families though. I've also gotten a suite at the Reserve as an upgrade, but those are tough - they don't have a lot of suites. The suites are very nice, but not very large. If you're going during the busy season, I'd count on getting what you booked unless you're Titanium or Ambassador. I've been told they're getting a lot of their convention business back and bookings are very strong.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:57 am

Wow - shocking (and disappointing) news about the breakfast amenity! When I was down in November, the amenity over at the Reserve was still "Continental" breakfast at the buffet which you could upgrade to their full breakfast. I'm surprised that Fresh Market over at the Dolphin is still closed!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
I was at the Dolphin a few weeks ago (in November) and used the free breakfast certificate for breakfast at Bluezoo, I understood it covered the continental buffet, and I applied it to partially cover full buffet. The additional charge for the full buffet came to $12.85. That was actually less than I’ve paid previously when applying the Platinum breakfast benefit, but that’s probably because at Fresh I was usually given a bill to sign, and added a tip. At Bluezoo, they never gave me a bill to sign for the upgrade to the full buffet - it just showed up on the bill at checkout.
The breakfast at Bluezoo was slightly less extensive than Fresh had been, but covered all the bases, and I found it a bit easier to navigate. For example, Mickey waffles were on the buffet, so you didn’t have to line up for them to be freshly made and wind up with more than you really wanted. Also, while I find the decor at Bluezoo dreadful, the tables are much better spaced than they were at Fresh, and when I was there it was much quieter and less crowded than Fresh usually was.

On an unrelated point, the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve complex recently announced on Instagram that Minnie Vans will now serve those hotels.
Marykatesmom likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Retiredlife

On an unrelated point, the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve complex recently announced on Instagram that Minnie Vans will now serve those hotels.
sounds like they’ve gotten over whatever the “tiff” was with Disney 😀 Maybe Disney will let them bring their MK busses over to the park, like Disney busses (I know, I’m dreaming!)
Marykatesmom likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Wow - shocking (and disappointing) news about the breakfast amenity! When I was down in November, the amenity over at the Reserve was still "Continental" breakfast at the buffet which you could upgrade to their full breakfast. I'm surprised that Fresh Market over at the Dolphin is still closed!
From what I've read, the Fresh Market at the Dolphin is permanently closed. The space is being transformed into Rosa Mexicano, an upscale Mexican restaurant.
I expect it will go back to serving breakfast when it reopens after a major remodel, but the new concept will probably be more successful at drawing a lunch and dinner crowd as well.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...early-2023.htm
Old May 22, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Rosa Mexicano breakfast is a massive upgrade. It is a major improvement - new furniture, better food options, and still an option for elites. YOu have to upgrade to the hot breakfast, but it is actually worth paying for the upgrade, whereas before it was not in my opinion.

Are Elites eligible for DolphinSuites anymore as complimentary upgrades? reading the old threads I see that people used to get them, but I know you can’t apply SNAs into actual suites anymore. Are they just limited in scope?

(I’m not referring to Swan Reserve Suites, where you can use SNAs).
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:17 pm

I used the Minnie Van Service twice to MK and worth every penny. $42-45 a trip. You get dropped off and picked up at bus stop #2. You physically can't get any closer. However, during a rainstorm I did DHS and the walk from the drop-off was more than twice the walk from boats. Definitely, not worth it.

Had a quick early dinner at the bar at Rosa Mexicano was fine.

Dolphin is such a rabbit warren especially since they are doing work on some of the rooms and some exits are blocked. if you are at the end of a wing it is quite the walk to an elevator and frustrating to have to go up or down to the lobby, cross the lobby, and take another elevator, then another walk to exit, then walk to get to the boats.

I highly recommend the food at the pool bar. Leaps and bounds better than any pool bar on property. Servers have worked for Marriott for years and remember you.

The Dolphin grab and go need two things, better quality food and faster service. The Dolphin was quiet mid-week but there was always a significant line and I paid $11 for an egg sandwich that, I kid you not, was the size and quality of a sausage McMuffin from McDonalds. They need to increase the number of grab n go sandwiches and their quality. I would much rather grab a turkey sandwich and eat it where I would like then deal with quick service locations at the parks, especially DHS or MK. Mobile Ordering is not quick. It is not ASAP like a regular mobile order APP but you are given a window and it may not be soon or ready when you get there.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does anyone know which restaurants I could use the Amex THC 100 usd property credit on? I am not sure if the Swan ones are included, but probably need to go ahead and reserve.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:49 pm

Is anyone else having trouble linking Dolphin reservations with My Disney Experience? I made reservations over a week ago, and the confirmation number isn't being recognized in MDE. Historically, I've had to wait 24-48 hours after making the reservation before MDE would pick it up, but never this long.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:09 pm

Is anyone else having trouble linking Dolphin reservations with My Disney Experience? I made reservations over a week ago, and the confirmation number isn't being recognized in MDE. Historically, I've had to wait 24-48 hours after making the reservation before MDE would pick it up, but never this long.
Call them. Just be sure the number of guests in the room matches the number of people going to the parks.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
I agree with the advice to call the Dolphin. I had to call them a few weeks ago because I had accidentally reserved the room for one person, instead of two (so the Disney app was only showing me in the room) and they were able to fix it easily. The guy I talked to said it should show up as two people in the Disney app within an hour, but it took 2 or 3. I know that’s not the same as your problem, but it makes me believe they can easily get things to show up on Disney’s records.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.