Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Good job. A Lounge in FRA is very much needed and APPRECIATED. The Hilton also has a Lounge. Not bad. It was a little small and warm.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
I just booked the Westin for an upcoming weekend stay through Priceline for considerable savings. Does anyone have any experience with how this hotel treats Platinum guests on such rates? I won't necessarily hold my breath for a suite, but access to the Club Lounge would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
I just booked the Westin for an upcoming weekend stay through Priceline for considerable savings. Does anyone have any experience with how this hotel treats Platinum guests on such rates? I won't necessarily hold my breath for a suite, but access to the Club Lounge would be much appreciated.
As this is a third party booking you are not entitled to anything.
But ymmv.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by CaseyN2
As this is a third party booking you are not entitled to anything.
But ymmv.
I understand I am not entitled to anything, I was just hoping to see if other Plats had experienced the 'ymmv' at this hotel. I have had decent success at other hotels in the past on such rates.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
I understand I am not entitled to anything, I was just hoping to see if other Plats had experienced the 'ymmv' at this hotel. I have had decent success at other hotels in the past on such rates.
The Frankfurt Westin is not really known for going a long extra mile...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:15 pm

Update:

Just checked into the Westin Grand and was granted full Platinum benefits - Welcome gift, Lounge access, etc. Upgraded to an "Executive" room on the 6th floor. I'm not sure what makes it Executive other than maybe slightly bigger than a regular room and top floor access, but on a Priceline rate of under $100 (after tax!) I won't complain!

BTW, a report on the lounge: Very nice, had minifridge with various beer and soft drinks, champagne and wine, and soup, salad, cheese, and bread out at about 7pm.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Is the lounge open on Fridays and weekends?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:19 am
Community Director Emerita

I switched to this hotel as a result of FD1971's review. I only have accolades for the staff. I was warmly greeted by the front office agent. He proactively offered me 4pm checkout. I was upgraded to a junior suite, which most hotels would call a suite, as there was a door between the living room and bedroom. There were Bulgari toiletries in the bathroom. ^

Staff in the lounge was equally attentive and warm. I was again offered a 4pm checkout and again asked if I wanted a wake up call. Afternoon cake was apple. Evening soup was coconut cream chicken curry, Thai style. It was broth only, no chunks of veggies or chicken. It was delicious. I had a second bowl. You could sit in the main lounge level, or walk down four steps and sit overlooking the lobby and bar. There were fathers with children in the lounge. The children were extremely well behaved.

My room only had wired internet. I don't like to be tethered and hope that they upgrade to wireless. There was wireless in the lounge.

I came by S-bahn. I had to transfer at the Hauptbahnhof, so it made it a rather long trip to the hotel. Apparently it's unusual for the S8 to stop at the Hauptbahnhof. My bad luck. If you find yourself in this situation, you will need to take the elevator down a level to tracks 101/102. Look for a train going on to Hanau. I returned to the airport by taxi. It was drizzling, and I wanted to go straight to the FCT. S-bahn cost 3.8 euros. The taxi cost 28 euros.

Does anyone know why there was a half hour of fireworks on Monday night, between 9pm and 9:30pm? I could see them from my room.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

I switched to this hotel as a result of FD1971's review.
Ohh, I hope that the Hyatt Regency Mainz did not lose any revenue from my post..., but I also cheated on the Hyatt two times recently.

The club simply puts the Westin Grand in another league.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Is the lounge open on Fridays and weekends?
Lounge is open all week and not even closed between breakfast and the snack/cocktail hours in the evening. ^
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971
Ohh, I hope that the Hyatt Regency Mainz did not lose any revenue from my post..., but I also cheated on the Hyatt two times recently.

The club simply puts the Westin Grand in another league.
To add on to my previous post about the hotel and club:

For breakfast, there is a typical cold spread in the lounge as well as chicken wings, bacon, and sausage. The attendant was very quick to mention that we could also have cook-to-order eggs delivered to our seat. My wife also asked for breakfast potatoes, and these were delivered as well with a grin and smile - a huge plate with 9-10 of the large round potato patties. The next morning, the same attendant remembered our order from the previous day and offered it to us again. This was all on a weekend as well.

As mentioned, there is a afternoon cake then an evening soup. With the afternoon cake is also over a dozen jars of different finger snacks, from gummi bears (of course) to banana chips, dried fruit, corn nuts, etc. Extremely appreciated and I've never seen such an afternoon spread.

One bad note about the stay: Our keycards never seemed to get programmed correctly for one reason or another, and we had to go down 3-4 times during our two night stay to get the keys reprogrammed. Annoying but not a deal breaker.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FD1971
Lounge is open all week and not even closed between breakfast and the snack/cocktail hours in the evening. ^
What are the cocktail hours during the evening or is there self-serve wine/beer available all day? The lounge is open on weekends, correct?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
any new or additional news? Would love to know about recent experiences regarding the lounge and spa, since I'm looking for a relaxing stay.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
We'll be there for 1 night, arriving pretty late. Leaving the next day early afternoon. Will the lounge be open around 10pm?

And what can we do on a Tues morning in Jan? Anything worth seeing around the hotel for a couple of hours?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was bored in HEL so made it into FRA a day early. Booked Westin on cash and points. Upon arrival told upgraded to Executive deluxe non-smoke corner king. A new description. Moved to junior suite which would qualify as SanDiego1k pointed out would be a suite anywhere else. Similar to "suites" at Grand Hyatt SIN. The junior suite is a nice size with the upgraded amenities and includes a half bathroom.

I was impressed with the Lounge. A nice spread even with the soup being salty. The service by the attendent was very good. The only issue with the room is the ac. Both have been on full blast since I left but room is still very warm. I took the S8 from FRA having purchased a one-day ticket for a little over 9 euros. Any line here will take you back to the hbf. Tomorrow I intend to take a cab to the LH FCT. Would stay again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.