Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cabbit
for the 10 days did all stayed in GV? or also in OWV?...did you shared your experience in this forum? if so I will go and search for

did you request any particular OWV?...and which restaurant u recommende and what activies? Like island picinic? i know i will go and do some fishing and get oriental to cook for us~~

Becausei 'm staying there 5 days GV and 5 Day OWV, just want to plan all my things ahead!!! hence so many questions~~ thanks heaps
I've not written a detailed review only a few thoughts, but may be worth a search. I booked 10 nights for 480k in GV and travelled with my wife, 4yr old daughter and 2yr old son and we were complimentary upgraded to the 2BR Family Beach Villa I had not requested upgrade to OWV (nor inquired about pricing, but they may have sent it to me proactively) as I frankly preferred the larger pool of the GV and having the kids on land as opposed to out on the jetty. It then worked out better than I could've dreamed of with the upgrade.

In terms of activities I also cannot help you much given the small kids being with us. We really enjoyed sunset drinks at Whale bar and also did some kayaking, but otherwise just lounged about by the main pool, snorkeled (which we'd taught the kids at home in the tub), ate ice cream, hung out on the beach by the villa, etc.
mjrobson likes this.

Last edited by jjakobv84; Mar 15, 2019 at 2:02 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Cargo is a must I woudl say. Including wine, service and tax we paid approximate USD 450 for two people. Your wine choice can drive that up a lot higher, but the menu is a fixed price.
I agree. We were pleasantly surprised and ended up going twice (indulge and signature menus) and had only intended to try it once. And we're not really big on middle eastern food at all. I think we spent ~$400 with beers and water. All menus are for 2 sharing them and priced at $250++
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:11 am

For anyone wondering, I paid for an upgrade to an OVW from a GV booked on points and the GV never showed back up into bookable inventory. I was planning to book the GV when it showed back up but no luck.

So the question is....what is happening with these GVs?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thrylos
For anyone wondering, I paid for an upgrade to an OVW from a GV booked on points and the GV never showed back up into bookable inventory. I was planning to book the GV when it showed back up but no luck.

Have you considered the possibility that it was booked between when it became available and when you next checked? Also, is it actually not available at all or is it just not available on points?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Have you considered the possibility that it was booked between when it became available and when you next checked? Also, is it actually not available at all or is it just not available on points?
I have been searching quite a bit recently, and both in off peak and peak periods I have not seen a Garden Villa pop up for cash anytime. I am wondering if they are handing these of to package offers from agents, and only do cash bookings (and thus no standard redemptions) for higher room categories.

Or just that the March 5th deadline caused a rush on the GV inventory, and they don't release it back to standard inventory when people pay to upgrade?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
I have been searching quite a bit recently, and both in off peak and peak periods I have not seen a Garden Villa pop up for cash anytime. I am wondering if they are handing these of to package offers from agents, and only do cash bookings (and thus no standard redemptions) for higher room categories.

Or just that the March 5th deadline caused a rush on the GV inventory, and they don't release it back to standard inventory when people pay to upgrade?
Well I'm sure there are an usually high number of redemption bookings this year because of the 60k rate. I'm sure the GVs that people upgrade from are eventually released in one form or another, potentially with a premium rate that isn't eligible for points bookings.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:35 am

In a quick search, I see GVs available in cash for any night that I also see availability on points - ex many nights in Apr 2019 and in Feb 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if something about upgrading from a GV to an OWV keeps the GV held from being rereleased into bookable inventory at least temporarily, though.

Originally Posted by thrylos

​​​​
I can’t recall if this has been discussed upthread, but for what it’s worth, I have found through many weeks of looking at inventory that bookings for just outside (and inside) the cancellation period (which admittedly varies, but has been 30 days for any bookings I’ve made outside of a lone Dec date that had a 90 day cancellation policy) from the date on which you’re searching become widely available - ex all those April days I‘m seeing, as many of those dates fall within or just outside of the 30 day window from today. With the crazy rush from 8/18 until 3/5 to book up all available award inventory at this property, I’m assuming many people made bookings if there was even a remote chance they’d be able to go, and upon not solidifying travel plans, they cancel them right before the free cancellation window closes. Not sure if you have the flexibility to roll the dice on that pattern continuing for your dates, but if you can hold out, that may be your best bet for securing a second award booking for a GV.
bluestrudels likes this.

Last edited by meehgz; Mar 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by meehgz

In a quick search, I see GVs available in cash for any night that I also see availability on points - ex many nights in Apr 2019 and in Feb 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if something about upgrading from a GV to an OWV keeps the GV held from being rereleased into bookable inventory at least temporarily, though.

​​​​
I can’t recall if this has been discussed upthread, but for what it’s worth, I have found through many weeks of looking at inventory that bookings for just outside (and inside) the cancellation period (which admittedly varies, but has been 30 days for any bookings I’ve made outside of a lone Dec date that had a 90 day cancellation policy) become widely available - ex all those April days I‘m seeing. With the crazy rush from 8/18 until 3/5 to book up all available award inventory at this property, I’m assuming many people made bookings if there was even a remote chance they’d be able to go, and upon not solidifying travel plans, they cancel them right before the free cancellation window closes. Not sure if you have the flexibility to roll the dice on that pattern continuing for your dates, but if you can hold out, that may be your best bet for securing a second award booking for a GV.
I do see availability of GV around 6 to 16th of April, but after that nothing. I am not looking for single nights, would want a minium stretch of 5 nights. Did not look at April, but more from June and forwards so far.

I do think cancellations may end up back on point inventory, but I doubt very much upgrades to OWV or higher does.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:08 am

Also perhaps worth adding that while the property has 4 GVs I don't think they regularly have 4 for sale. While I was there, the visiting workout dude (sorry forgot the marketing name) stayed in 1 of them for example.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:09 am

I do see availability of GV around 6 to 16th of April, but after that nothing. I am not looking for single nights, would want a minium stretch of 5 nights. Did not look at April, but more from June and forwards so far.

I do think cancellations may end up back on point inventory, but I doubt very much upgrades to OWV or higher does.
After April should be low season, yet I'm not seeing any GV award availability.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:23 pm

Anyone else notice that the 190k/290k OWV reservations can no longer be booked using points advance? Seems to have changed in the past week.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
After April should be low season, yet I'm not seeing any GV award availability.
I am not really even seeing them for cash. I'll stop my searches for a while, and look for other parts of the world to go to.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I am not really even seeing them for cash. I'll stop my searches for a while, and look for other parts of the world to go to.
I just had to weigh in and point out that this is the first reasonable post in this thread in a while.
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: marriott
Has anyone tried Local Ferry to arrive the nearest Island?
It costs only about $100 for Local Ferry (3 hours ride) which arrives at Rinbudhoo.
It is only 5 mins boat ride from Rinbodhoo to St.Regis Vommuli.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:07 am

Are they supposed to refill the tray of pastries and fruits? Been here for 4 days already and haven’t seen any of those things being refilled...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.