Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 84Horn
As an added data point for you, I booked a Spectacular Lagoon Oasis on August 31 for 85K per night. I called Marriott Platinum line and had to be transferred to a Starwood rep to be able to book it.
Exactly the point I was going to make. Call Starwood, not Marriott.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Would anyone know if its possible to grab one night each day as they release for next year and then somehow get the 5th night for free?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Would anyone know if its possible to grab one night each day as they release for next year and then somehow get the 5th night for free?

If you see an available night, try booking and releasing to see if it instantly goes back to inventory. If that's the case, then you should be able to theoretically book them night by night, cancel and rebook as a whole.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I tried doing that with a booking in Bora Bora and it was a no go and I dealt with my Ambassador at that too.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:59 am

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thep...ing-badly/amp/

have ave a look at the link above...

Str Maldives are behaving normal...

str bora bora and STR Rome is not allowing redemption even
if u can book with cash hence they are playing games

Last edited by cabbit; Oct 27, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:46 am

Has anybody been able to recently upgrade with cash for a few nights and not the whole reservation? I was wanting to upgrade 2 nights out of 5 and was refused.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I wasn't sure where to find the info if anyone can help what is the last flight from mle to stregis? my flight estimate arrival time is 5pm to mle. will i be able to make the flight or need to stay overnight and fly in the next day?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp
I wasn't sure where to find the info if anyone can help what is the last flight from mle to stregis? my flight estimate arrival time is 5pm to mle. will i be able to make the flight or need to stay overnight and fly in the next day?
My ambassador told me latest arrival in MLE is 3:30pm to catch a flight. 5pm is too late so you need to stay overnight.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cabbit
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thep...ing-badly/amp/

have ave a look at the link above...

Str Maldives are behaving normal...

str bora bora and STR Rome is not allowing redemption even
if u can book with cash hence they are playing games

I was able to book a reef villa at STR BOB 3 or 4 days ago, no problem via the app.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp
No chance. Last departures are around 430-5. You will miss yours 100%
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tylerc
If you see an available night, try booking and releasing to see if it instantly goes back to inventory. If that's the case, then you should be able to theoretically book them night by night, cancel and rebook as a whole.
You’re giving WAY too much credit to the Starriott system. I tried this with another hotel and it was a total fail - nothing came back into inventory.

Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:02 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by tylerc
I had to do this recently when moving dates slightly. Did not immediately reappear, but did come back something like 8-10 hours later. Open Hotel Alerts can be helpful with this project.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone stayed at both the W and the St Regis? Which one would you say is better? I know the St Regis costs much more but I have stayed there earlier this year so was contemplating trying out the W. Or should I stick to the STR? We will be a family of 4 with two kids under 12.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Lightbulb Several Updates from the Resort

St. Regis Maldives Latest Resort Map

Here's the new Resort Map from the property with a white background which is clearer than the former one.

And here's the latest benefits for Platinum Premier with Ambassador at the resort:
  • Member Rates
  • Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay
  • Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service
  • Personalized St. Regis Butler Service
  • Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
  • 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)
  • 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages
  • Your 24
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Booking The St. Regis Maldives?

When I go to either the Marriott Web site or the SPG web site and do a search for properties in the Maldives the St. Regis does NOT appear as available. (it's not even listed) If I go here ---> St. Regis "direct"
I see availability to book. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
BTW... if it doesn't show rooms that can be booked using points does that mean there is nothing available or just that I need to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.