Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:40 am

If anyone's interested, I followed up on requesting a cash upgrade clarifying that I'll take anything:
I did want to clarify that I would be very happy to pay a cash upgrade fee for any portion of my stay, even for a single night, to any of the sunset, St. Regis, or panoramic overwater villas.
And got this response:
Further to your request, please be advised our rates are entirely dynamic and while we are regretfully unable to provide a cash supplement option in advance, we have your request updated in your booking and rest assured, should there be any cash upgrade options that open up for December 2022, we will be happy to inform you promptly. And should there be availability on arrival, we will offer a special supplement for your kind consideration as well.
Sounds fairly unlikely I'll get anything by waiting since this stay intersects the holidays, so that's unfortunate. There's definitely currently cash availability during my whole stay for Panoramic + StR, plus ssOWV for a portion, though. Any reassuring words from those who tried the same thing or am I doomed to worry for the next 10 months?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Derman0524
Anyone know what times the seaplane flies out at? As well, is the STR Male airport lounge 24/7? Our flight from Abu Dhabi lands at 5:30am in Male and unsure about the details surrounding what our day will look like. I guess one of the pros is that we'll be amongst the first in the STR lounge and can bum around for some hours even if we'll be super tired.

Will they be offering any food and drink in the airport lounge?

We land April 23rd any info would be greatly appreciated
Last week we landed about that time and got to lounge in about an hour. We then flew to the resort at 930 Male time. Remember the resort is not the same time as Male it is another hour later then Male. They have a nice food offering in the lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by kaptain72
Making our first trip to the Maldives in mid-March and very excited. A few questions:
1) We're flying Qatar and have 9-ish hour layovers each way in Doha (evening/night outbound and overnight return). I booked the Oryx airport hotel each way. Is that the best option?
2) We're in SOWV and I've ready people struggling to get an umbrella from the resort. Shade is important for both of us. Has anyone tried packing a portable umbrella that clamps to a chair? Any other alternatives?
3) I know it's all about relaxation but any must do activities? The fishing looks interesting and we'll definitely be snorkeling. I'm an experienced scuba diver but reviews in here lead me to believe it's tough to get out to interesting sites with other experienced divers through the resort.

Thank you in advance for responses.
We also booked the Oryx hotel both ways with 8-9 hour layovers to and from the US on Qatar. It is pricey but well worth it IMO. Having a quiet and private room is far better than sitting in a lounge assuming you have access. I've used the Oryx quite a few times. We had a large deck umbrella for our SOWV. The sun blasts the deck in the afternoon so I'm not sure how the resort could justify not providing an umbrella. My fiancé did the parasailing which she enjoyed. We didn't do other paid activities but enjoyed several spa treatments.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by houstr8male
We also booked the Oryx hotel both ways with 8-9 hour layovers to and from the US on Qatar. It is pricey but well worth it IMO. Having a quiet and private room is far better than sitting in a lounge assuming you have access. I've used the Oryx quite a few times. We had a large deck umbrella for our SOWV. The sun blasts the deck in the afternoon so I'm not sure how the resort could justify not providing an umbrella. My fiancé did the parasailing which she enjoyed. We didn't do other paid activities but enjoyed several spa treatments.
Our class of travel had first class included and Alsafwa lounge provided rooms for all of us. We had two rooms all together and had a good night sleep.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Originally Posted by houstr8male
Thank you. Did you have to request the umbrella in advance or was already set up for you? Based on your username, I'm guessing our departure airport is the same (IAH). And I didn't know they offered parasailing, that would be fun, thank you.

Last edited by kaptain72; Feb 13, 2022 at 10:54 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Our class of travel had first class included and Alsafwa lounge provided rooms for all of us. We had two rooms all together and had a good night sleep.
We're traveling business but is the fare class that doesn't include lounge. When I looked up the price of Alsafwa for two people, it wasn't much cheaper than getting the room at Oryx ($275 vs $300 USD). We went with the hotel for the privacy but was curious of others thoughts so thank you. If Alsafwa was included in our fare we definitely would gone that route.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Thank you. Did you have to request the umbrella in advance or was already set up for you? Based on your username, I'm guessing our departure airport is the same (IAH). And I didn't know they offered parasailing, that would be fun, thank you.
Umbrella already set up. I can’t imagine not having one but I recall seeing a few posts above from someone that didn’t have one. Maybe email the resort a week out and mention the importance of having one? We did depart IAH.

Last edited by houstr8male; Feb 13, 2022 at 1:28 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
We're traveling business but is the fare class that doesn't include lounge. When I looked up the price of Alsafwa for two people, it wasn't much cheaper than getting the room at Oryx ($275 vs $300 USD). We went with the hotel for the privacy but was curious of others thoughts so thank you. If Alsafwa was included in our fare we definitely would gone that route.
We did Al Safwa during a trip this past fall because Oryx was sold out. Cost was about 330 USD for two. Remember, this includes some really nice food options served in a restaurant setting, as well as premium wine and spirits. The sleeping rooms are fine, not especially luxurious, but clean with a good sized bathroom and shower. I don’t believe the sleeping rooms are guaranteed with admission. Depends on demand. The lounge itself is outstanding with some Qatari antiquities on display if you are interested in that. We felt it was a real value for what they charged.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:38 pm

Making our first trip to the Maldives in mid-March and very excited. A few questions:
1) We're flying Qatar and have 9-ish hour layovers each way in Doha (evening/night outbound and overnight return). I booked the Oryx airport hotel each way. Is that the best option?
2) We're in SOWV and I've ready people struggling to get an umbrella from the resort. Shade is important for both of us. Has anyone tried packing a portable umbrella that clamps to a chair? Any other alternatives?
3) I know it's all about relaxation but any must do activities? The fishing looks interesting and we'll definitely be snorkeling. I'm an experienced scuba diver but reviews in here lead me to believe it's tough to get out to interesting sites with other experienced divers through the resort.

Thank you in advance for responses.
We are here now..

1. Yes, Oryx is the best option if you can get in, it books up a lot
2. All SOWV have umbrellas. The 2 bedrooms and the sunrise do not.
3. We are experiencend divers as well, although we have only done one dive so far, there was only one other diver on the boat and he seemed experienced as well. If you let the dive shop know you are well experienced and want to go to deeper and more challenging sites, they will take you. The snorkeling here is good to excellent too on the two house reefs. We have spent over 3 hours snorkeling in the first two days here and have seen 2 black tip reef sharks, a spotted eagle ray and a large stingray. Plenty of life on the reef, especially at the wall.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Crandolph2001
We are here now..
Thank you.
Just to be clear- are the umbrellas handy-ones or big ones like parasol?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Thank you.
Just to be clear- are the umbrellas handy-ones or big ones like parasol?
They are large square umbrellas. Look to be the same ones as they use on Alba beach here.
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
We have a nice, large beach umbrella on our deck. We are sunset(ish) side.

Two small things I love about the place:

1) Universal outlets - why can’t more international hotels have these? It makes life so much simpler.

2) They time room service to breakfast and dinner - so awesome.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks Crandolph2001 and dcmike I will arrive to the resort on 23rd Feb for 5 nights at 2-BR SOWV and following 3 nights at 1-BR SOWV. Can't wait!
dcmike likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Crandolph2001
We are here now..

1. Yes, Oryx is the best option if you can get in, it books up a lot
3. We are experiencend divers as well, although we have only done one dive so far, there was only one other diver on the boat and he seemed experienced as well. If you let the dive shop know you are well experienced and want to go to deeper and more challenging sites, they will take you. The snorkeling here is good to excellent too on the two house reefs. We have spent over 3 hours snorkeling in the first two days here and have seen 2 black tip reef sharks, a spotted eagle ray and a large stingray. Plenty of life on the reef, especially at the wall.
That's great news all around, thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by westcoastscott
Last week we landed about that time and got to lounge in about an hour. We then flew to the resort at 930 Male time. Remember the resort is not the same time as Male it is another hour later then Male. They have a nice food offering in the lounge.
Hi westcoastscott,

To clarify, was 9:30 your departure time from Male?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.