Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
All correct. These abbreviations have been used both on this thread and in the Marriott board for years, but, as always, when confused, ask.

The CE property is a full service (FS) property. This is the abbreviation used for a Marriott Hotel brand hotel, as opposed to a Ren, JW or SHS. Examples: Addison TX has a FS, CY, SHS and RI within blocks of one another. When a city has both multiple Marriott Hotels (ie the CE FS and the RG FS) and multiple brand in the same areas sometimes both abbreviations are used. Granted, in Paris just calling the property the CE would probably be enough, but both specifies which brand and which location.
And it would be a lot easier to just spell it out, at least on first reference, particularly for the benefit of anyone using the search function.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Be sure your reservation allows for three in the room. In Europe, especially Paris, occupancy is often limited to two and that includes kids. It's not like the States where they sometimes don't include kids in the count nor will they look the other way or make an exception when you are standing at the front desk after thousands of miles traveling. At the CE FS, generally if you have a paid UG (points and cash for a superior or family room) you will be okay but don't depend on getting an UG. The standard room will not accommodate three people.
Thanks for pointing that out. In looking at my res, I did only put in 2 adults.

Searching for other availability for same dates for 2 adults + a child I now only find availability at Marriott Opera Ambassador or Renaissance Arc de Triomphe. The Ren Paris Republique shows up but with a EUR170/night add on. Ren Vendome is +200EUR/night.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mikelat

Searching for other availability for same dates for 2 adults + a child I now only find availability at Marriott Opera Ambassador or Renaissance Arc de Triomphe. The Ren Paris Republique shows up but with a EUR170/night add on. Ren Vendome is +200EUR/night.
Before giving up on the hotel, why not email them, explain that you've got a kid and ask if there is a room you can get on points that will work? Worst they can say is no and you're no worse off. If it's a slower time of year you might have luck. During the summer the hotel is pretty full and expensive, but during other times of the year you might have luck.

A family member loved the Opera hotel and I like the AdT property, which has a larger family room.

BTW, the CE property doesn't have a CL, but it has a really nice lobby. There was a man in charge, not sure if he is still there, who seemingly knew each guest. You can order food and drinks and it's quite comfortable, but it is pricey. When I've been with friends we order a lot of tap water, but my nieces were ordering $5 sodas like they were free.

One More Thing: If you do stay at the CE property, they have some rooms with windows overlooking the indoor lobby. I've been in one of those rooms. Yuck. And there are rooms overlooking the CE, which some people like, but I find too noisy and public. The rooms in the back are quieter and many overlook a nice courtyard. You might want to ask for one of those.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:47 am

Sorry, but one more thing...Since Marriott will let you hold a reservation without taking the points until shortly before you stay, go ahead and grab one of the other (Opera or AdT) reservations now so you at least have something. You may need to call or jigger the system if you have the points and don't want them taken now. Better to hold a couple reservations for a few days/weeks while you sort everything out than to go back in a few days and find they are gone. Marriott has no problem with your holding multiples for the same time block. I've done this many times, but remember, if too many people do it for too long we might lose this helpful privilege, so please cancel the unneeded reservation as soon as you know your plans.

Also, see what you can get if instead of trying to reserve, let's say, a five day stay for the larger room at the CE you try five one day points reservations. You might find you can get four of the nights, which you should grab, and keep checking back for the fifth. Once you get all five, Marriott can pull them into a single reservation spanning five days. This almost always winds up working for me

Good luck. Your trip will be awesome no matter which hotel you wind up in. The hotel choices are each very good.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

Have you tried two reservations for your dates? Perhaps one of those properties isn't available for one night of your stay. In May, I stayed at the Glasshouse (Autograph Collection) in Edinburgh for two nights on points. I couldn't get Marriott.com to give me two nights on points without a surcharge, but Marriott.com would let me book two separate, one-night stays on points without a surcharge.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Sorry, but one more thing...Since Marriott will let you hold a reservation without taking the points until shortly before you stay, go ahead and grab one of the other (Opera or AdT) reservations now so you at least have something.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Have you tried two reservations for your dates?
Most of the properties show availability for my dates if its 2 adults. But when its 2 adults + 1 child I only get 4 showing availability. And some of those have high nightly cash in addition to points stay, due to the child in the room.

I grabbed the Opera room with the 2 adults + 1 child. But they also levy a EUR400 additional person charge on the stay. I'm going to look at others to see if doing the nightly co-pay gets me in to a room without the additional person charge and ends up at same or lower overall cost.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:02 am
Suspended

Most of the properties show availability for my dates if its 2 adults. But when its 2 adults + 1 child I only get 4 showing availability. And some of those have high nightly cash in addition to points stay, due to the child in the room.

I grabbed the Opera room with the 2 adults + 1 child. But they also levy a EUR400 additional person charge on the stay. I'm going to look at others to see if doing the nightly co-pay gets me in to a room without the additional person charge and ends up at same or lower overall cost.
I have a hard time believing that any hotel general manager would charge a platinum 400 euros for bringing their kid with them. Especially if the kid was very young (like under 10).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:47 am

I have a hard time believing that any hotel general manager would charge a platinum 400 euros for bringing their kid with them. Especially if the kid was very young (like under 10).
Welcome to Paris. The hotel occupancy laws/rules are very different in Paris. And once the guest is at the hotel, nothing will be done.

The poster should reach out to the hotel ahead of time and see if they UG them to an appropriate room for free. The regular room has a queen bed and no room for a cot, so what is there to waive? Is the kid going to sleep in the tub? It's like showing up in a US Marriott expecting that you can smoke in the room and thinking the hotel manager might waive that rule for you. It's out of the manager's hands.

It's an issue discussed previously on this board, as well as on TA, Rick Steves' Site, and many other sites. I've known people who got stuck and called me from Paris to see if I had any Marriott tricks up my sleeve to help them. They wound up getting a second room for $500/night and spending half the next day finding another hotel.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
The Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel is really perfect because it is 20 minutes by foot from most of the tourist attractions, but is in a charming area of Paris with some squares/parks nearby.
Just got back from this hotel and agree. Excellent location (close to the Marais, walking distance to almost everything). Delicious breakfast. Lively (but not loud) bar and restaurant frequented by a local crowd. Lots of cafes and bistros nearby. The hotel is new, with wide hallways and larger than usual lifts (for Paris). Rooms are comfortable, with an interesting, non-traditional decor, and bathrooms are large and quite nicely appointed, with step-in showers and a separate toilet area. Add to that a wonderful staff (they even called in a doctor when I managed to develop what turned out to be bronchitis , and sent up soup and hot tea with honey).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ysolde
Just got back from this hotel and agree. Excellent location (close to the Marais, walking distance to almost everything). Delicious breakfast. Lively (but not loud) bar and restaurant frequented by a local crowd. Lots of cafes and bistros nearby. The hotel is new, with wide hallways and larger than usual lifts (for Paris). Rooms are comfortable, with an interesting, non-traditional decor, and bathrooms are large and quite nicely appointed, with step-in showers and a separate toilet area. Add to that a wonderful staff (they even called in a doctor when I managed to develop what turned out to be bronchitis , and sent up soup and hot tea with honey).
Did they fix the half-glass swinging door in the shower, which doesn't really stop water from going everywhere? I also found the wash basin was too shallow to stop water from splashing everywhere due to strong water pressure.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Did they fix the half-glass swinging door in the shower, which doesn't really stop water from going everywhere? I also found the wash basin was too shallow to stop water from splashing everywhere due to strong water pressure.
We had a step-in shower with one of those fancy rainforest shower heads, not a bathtub/shower combo. The shower had a swinging door to step into, and the rest was completely glass covered, so no issue there. The wash basin was quite poorly designed -- I noticed this immediately. Splashed water everywhere, unless we kept the water turned down very low. Stupid design, but I suppose it looks very cool, or something.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ysolde
The wash basin was quite poorly designed -- I noticed this immediately. Splashed water everywhere, unless we kept the water turned down very low. Stupid design, but I suppose it looks very cool, or something.
Just like the hotels with showers that you can't turn on without getting wet. Sometimes you wonder about the so-called professional designers, who apparently have never stayed in a hotel or used what they design.
TheCount2 and ysolde like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Paris property recommendation

My wife and I will be in Paris February 14-17 and plan to use points for a Marriott property in the city. We are currently booked at the Renaissance Paris Republique hotel. The hotel ratings for the Marriott properties aren't significantly different so I'm looking for insights as to room sizes, amenities, location, etc. from people who may have stayed at any of the properties. Specifically, I am interested in the Renaissance Paris Vendome, Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador, Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, and Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel. Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:20 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...4-present.html
crutch222 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:26 pm

Paris - where to use rewards?

Is there a consensus on which hotel is the best use of rewards points?

Right now I am leaning towards the Renaissance Paris Republique.

Any thoughts? Looking to spend 4 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.