Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold

Maybe by writing this post I'll answer my own question. Nevertheless let me put this out there.

Mrs. dwcatty and I are now booked to return to Paris in May. This will be our third trip, both previous visits we stayed at the (former) Hilton ADT. This trip we will be 4 nights at the CY Boulogne on cat 1-5 certs and then six nights at a FS Marriott property. I am trying to decide between the Renaissance le Parc Trocadero and the FS Marriott Opera Ambassador. Both have advantages, and like CJKatl has said in previous posts (I'm paraphrasing here) it is like comparing sapphires to emeralds.

I love what I've read about the neighborhood around the Ren, the Parisian feel. We are quite comfortable with the bus and metro system, have Navigo passes and no issues with getting around. As a gold we'd get breakfast.

The Opera Ambassador is a bit more centrally located. One of the disadvantages of the Hilton we stayed in before was we sometimes felt we were commuting, and so I like this location. We also like a cocktail in the evening and the Opera property has a lounge we have access to as gold.

I don't know - I still haven't sold myself on either. Both are available the six nights I want - the Ren Vendome is not. I've ruled out all the others. Maybe I should just flip a coin?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Marriott-family hotels in Paris

Still vote for Le Parc Trocadero. Downtown is just too congested, noisy and busy. I don't mind the trade off in metro and bus trans, though.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
This hotel has a link to the menu on its website

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
I have no idea how much breakfast normally costs, as I stayed there on a platinum's saved-up points, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your autocorrect of this hotel: River Gauge!

I thought I would provide the answer to my own question. The buffet is 29 euros. There is an a la cart menu where prices are more reasonable IMHO.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:33 pm

Hey everyone,

My wife will be going to Europe for a romantic 10-12 day vacation. We want to spend a good amount of time in Paris. Which category 8 or 9 hotel would you all suggest? I am hoping to get upgraded and get free breakfast etc. Is one better than the others?

Ryan
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:20 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by the4aces
Hey everyone,

My wife will be going to Europe for a romantic 10-12 day vacation. We want to spend a good amount of time in Paris. Which category 8 or 9 hotel would you all suggest? I am hoping to get upgraded and get free breakfast etc. Is one better than the others?
"Reading [at least a few pages of this thread] is fundamental."
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I would recommend one of the Renaissance properties. Either the Renaissance Vendome or Parc Trocadero. Both are boutique luxurious hotels. Renaissance Vendome is close to the Louvres and the Vendome area which has a lot of high end stores. walking distance to the Champs Elysee. Renaissance Parc Trocadero is close to the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, great for sightseeing and also walking distance from the Champs Elysee.
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I stayed at the CE last week and found the staff to be very nice. I liked the buzz of activity on the Champs and lots of restaurants in the area. The Metro was very close and is very easy to use.
I like the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe because it's newer but I wouldn't call in "romantic."
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The answer to "Is one better than the other?" is: NO. They are each magnifique.

There is no wrong choice here. Whichever property you choose, you'll have a great experience in a great hotel. At the end of the trip, you will think you made the "right" choice and you won't be able to believe any of the other hotels would have been as good.

Don't over think your choice. Choose one of the hotels and don't look back. This thread of full of posts from people who sweated out their choices, wasting time and angst. Several of those posts are mine. And you'll find passionate posts from people advocating specific properties. What you probably won't find are posts from anyone thinking he/she made a "wrong" choice.

That's my $0.02.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hey everyone,

Ryan
Breakfast will depend on your status. If you are Platinum or Gold you will receive free breakfast at the lounge or restaurant.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
The answer to "Is one better than the other?" is: NO. They are each magnifique.

There is no wrong choice here. Whichever property you choose, you'll have a great experience in a great hotel. At the end of the trip, you will think you made the "right" choice and you won't be able to believe any of the other hotels would have been as good.

Don't over think your choice. Choose one of the hotels and don't look back. This thread of full of posts from people who sweated out their choices, wasting time and angst. Several of those posts are mine. And you'll find passionate posts from people advocating specific properties. What you probably won't find are posts from anyone thinking he/she made a "wrong" choice.

That's my $0.02.
Agree with CJKatl.
However, for a romantic stay, I would avoid the business district and the crowded Champs Elysee.

Two properties I would recommend are the Renaissance Parc Trocadero or the Renaissance Vendome. Both are amazing.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:03 pm

I will most likely go wit the Trocadero since it is cat 8 instead of cat 9.

thanks for the input!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Hey everyone,

Ryan
I am a fan of the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe. Stayed there twice. I've also stayed at the Paris Rive Gauche before and that was way too far from anything I wanted to see. It is however, walking distance from the catacombs. The Renaissance was ideally located near the Arc, Champs Elysee and Charles de Gaulle Etoile metro.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Best Paris hotel for Platinum = ?

Thinking of taking my wife to Paris in May. The stay would be on points. I am Platinum.

Prefer relative waking distance to the sights. Appreciate good treatment, including room upgrades.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There's a very long thread re: all the Paris properties. My recommendation would be to read that, as it will provide you with the information you're seeking. The question comes up frequently.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:05 pm

Marriott-family hotels in Paris

I admit that I really like Marriott Rive Guache. For me it is a great combo of price in points and location plus I have always been treated well there. I know the location is not as great but it is a block from the metro so I am fine with it.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I admit that I really like Marriott Rive Guache. For me it is a great combo of price in points and location plus I have always been treated well there. I know the location is not as great but it is a block from the metro so I am fine with it.
Even if you stay at one of the closer in properties, you'll wind up on the Metro several times a day anyway, so having to jump on the Metro because you're staying at this hotel winds up being a non-factor.

With that said, though, IMO, Rive Guache is more of a Marriott located in Paris, as opposed to the closer in properties, which are more Paris properties that are affiliated with Marriott. Do you really want to take your wife to Paris and stay in a Marriott? Or would you rather take your wife to Paris and stay at a Paris property on Marriott Points? Either way, you'll be in Paris and get to see the sites, but for a special or romantic trip, I'd stay away from the otherwise suitable Rive Guache FS.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
...IMO, Rive Guache is more of a Marriott located in Paris, as opposed to the closer in properties, which are more Paris properties that are affiliated with Marriott. Do you really want to take your wife to Paris and stay in a Marriott? Or would you rather take your wife to Paris and stay at a Paris property on Marriott Points?...
I really wanted to disagree with your statement purely because I was so satified with the RG, but I can't. I was there with my two sons on a European Vacation before the elder boy's college days started. There was nothing romantic about the trip. Three guys traveling the land. The RG has much more of a business class or tourist class feel. During summer you'll be inundated with families. The property does not exude romance. But we honestly didn't spend time in the hotel. Each property has a certain appeal and which one you choose is based on your preferences. My preference, I like the neighborhhod feel around the RG and separation from the high traffic areas. IMO, the value in paying more to stay in the "Paris" properties is subjective.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
...But we honestly didn't spend time in the hotel...
And that's the truth.

Last summer, I brought my niece's to Paris and Amsterdam. In the Amsterdam FS CL, we ran into a family from home who was doing this same trip. They had stayed at the CY St. Denis, while we had stayed at the FS CE. Their daughter and my niece compared notes, and both were equally excited about the trip, both saw the same sites, etc. I'm still glad the girls were able to have the experience of staying at the nice hotel and being able to walk the CE several times a day, but I did make a mental note that on my next Paris trip, I'm probably not going to stay at a Cat 8 or 9 hotel; I've had that experience a few times already. Why not stretch my points next time?

The Cat 9 and 8 hotels are fantastic treats for special trips and first timers, but it's possible to have a great experience without breaking your Marriott Points bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.