Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's sad.
Generally speaking, European business hotels in big cities are by far the stingiest on upgrades of anywhere in the world.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Really? I've generally done pretty well on suite upgrades in Europe, including at Sheraton Lisboa (If you consider Lisbon to be a big city, but surely Paris, London, and Munich are for example).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Really? I've generally done pretty well on suite upgrades in Europe, including at Sheraton Lisboa (If you consider Lisbon to be a big city, but surely Paris, London, and Munich are for example).
Lucky you then, for me it has always been no, non, nicht, nein, nada...at most it is usually an upgrade to an exec room with a robe, ooh...of course as always things vary be property but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the inside of a suite in Europe.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer

Lucky you then, for me it has always been no, non, nicht, nein, nada...at most it is usually an upgrade to an exec room with a robe, ooh...of course as always things vary be property but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the inside of a suite in Europe.
Try the St. Regis in Florence. I have received magnificent suites on every visit.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, just a reminder : Master Threads for specific hotels are intended to be an information resource for future visitors, so please focus on posting information that’s pertinent to that hotel.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Anybody have an email contact for the property?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:47 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Zol
Anybody have an email contact for the property?
Hello Zol! You can email the hotel at [email protected], and the concierge email is [email protected] if you need that as well. Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:29 am

Hi all - any recent data points on stays? Am considering booking 3 nights in Lisbon in April, and was interested to understand what's available in terms of breakfast, lounge, etc.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pschris
Hi all - any recent data points on stays? Am considering booking 3 nights in Lisbon in April, and was interested to understand what's available in terms of breakfast, lounge, etc.
Did you end up staying here?
Old May 31, 2021, 12:13 am

The lounge here is quite nice for a hotel of this size. It's got a great view of the bridge as it's on the top floor. I found the evening happy hour (6-8 IIRC) to be adequate with nice portuguese wines and plenty egg tarts (i probably ate like 200 of these )
yyzflyer and iluvdoco like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 4:42 pm

Yes, panorama restaurant on the top floor was closed as well as the club lounge. The breakfast was generous and the staff were very helpful with wifi issues
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:00 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Very good stay

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Rua Latino Coelho, 1 Lisbon, PT 1069-025

Very good stay (7 Photos)

Here is an update on the Sheraton Lisbon. I just finished a one night stay there this past Saturday Oct 9-10.

COVID situation:
- the Club Lounge is still closed
- Panorama bar-restaurant: open 
- For those on Club Floors or who usually would have access to the lounge, a happy hour is in place between 5 and 7pm in the Lobby Bar. It gets crowded quite fast. They give you a selection of bite size food and of course free drinks.
- Breakfast is served at the Lobby Bistro, adjacent to the Lobby Bar. I found the food selection was good and plenty. No complains there. But then again I don't eat that much for breakfast, besides bread and fruits. I didn't check the hot food section.

- Gym and spa open but from what I understood, it's first come first serve and you can get a 1 hour period to work out.

1_IMG-4585.jpg

1_camphoto-1804928587.jpg

Check In

Booked: Deluxe Queen
Upgraded to: Club Queen on the 20th floor.

Rate: 159 EUR + city tax
Checked-in on the app but the notification about the room being available was sent maybe 3-4h AFTER I checked-in.

Check-in was pleasant with friendly staff. 4PM check-out granted.

Room

The room was nice and big, with a decent desk to work from and a view on bridge, the Tagus river and the Christ the King statue.

For the AV geeks, you can even see the planes land.

There is just one annoying thing with these older hotels: no plugs near the bed at all. Unless you go down on your fours and unplug the bed lamps so that you can plug your charger in. There is a USB socket but there was no power coming out of it.

The desk area also only have one plug, not the most practical but I guess enough for just your laptop.

The Mini-bar is empty, and there's a Nespresso coffee machine available.

Bathroom is nice and big, with a huge bath tub. The only weird thing is the shower head.... it's placed very low so not sure how you could comfortable stand below it if you're very tall. I'm only 5'7 (170cm) and I found it too close to my head.

Another thing is the shade that separate the glass wall of the bathroom and the bed. You need to keep your finger on the button to raise or lower it and it's painfully slow. Not an issue if you're on your own.

1_IMG-4590.jpg1_IMG-4582.jpg1_IMG-4581.jpg1_IMG-4580.jpg1_IMG-4579.jpg

Obviously it's not in the touristy part of town but it's easy enough to take a bus or the metro to reach any part of the city.

It's closer to the Picoas station but you could easily walk to the Saldanhas station (red line), which is the direct train to the airport (takes around 20-25min depending on the wait).

The main avenue Pereira de Melo doesn't have much but if you explore the side streets, you'll find some decent restaurants and cafés.

Direct buses will take you to Cais do Sodre (about 25 minutes ride) or Restauradores/Rossio. 

Very good stay

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 30, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Any recent trip reports for this property? Looks like Fontecruz is no longer part of the Marriott network and I'm being rebooked to Shearton. Very disappointed...
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by haahwee
Any recent trip reports for this property? Looks like Fontecruz is no longer part of the Marriott network and I'm being rebooked to Shearton. Very disappointed...
yes, I'm curious, too. Had Fontecruz stays booked for July and now they've been cancelled. Looks like Sheraton is only viable option available in the Marriott brand (Moxy is, but I don't think that will work)
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I definitely recommend Sheraton Lisbon.

We stayed here for 5 nights, after 8 nights at Sheraton Porto. SNA cleared 5 days before check in to an Executive Suite. The suite had a strong perfume smell which caused my to sneeze and she couldn't tolerate. Hotel was able to switch us to a different Executive Suite on the top floor which was very nice. The view from the suite was great, and we could see the bridge and all the way across the river to the large Christ Redeemer Statue on the other side. There was a complementary half bottle of Royal Oporto 10 yr old Tawny Port which was nice. Large bottle of mineral water and sparking water was replenished each day. The hotel was fully staffed, and everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful.

I like the Lounge set up since we could get drinks at the Lobby Bar all day, beer and wine until 11 PM. Happy Hour was 5-7 PM, early enough that we could have Happy Hour appetizers before going out to dinner.

Hotel is located in a wealthy neighborhood of Lisbon with nice restaurants in the side streets not far from the hotel. It was a short easy walk to Avenida Liberdade to watch the St. Anthony Day parade.
MonThruThurs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.