Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I stayed here, my SNAs gave me the best standard suite in the house, top floor with the best view. IIRC the hotel has six such suites, located on the top three floors.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Is the option of having breakfast at the restaurant a welcome amenity for Plats? I asked if I can have breakfast at either the lounge and restaurant when checking in and the FD agent mentioned I can choose between both. I wasn't asked if I wanted to use that breakfast option as my Platinum amenity though...

So far my experience with the staff has been pretty cold but it's been somewhat the same in the city as well.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Is the option of having breakfast at the restaurant a welcome amenity for Plats? I asked if I can have breakfast at either the lounge and restaurant when checking in and the FD agent mentioned I can choose between both. I wasn't asked if I wanted to use that breakfast option as my Platinum amenity though...

So far my experience with the staff has been pretty cold but it's been somewhat the same in the city as well.
We stayed there last month and they gave us lounge access as expected, breakfast in the restaurant, and the points amenity. We did not have to choose. Generous.
Jimgotkp likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
To anyone who has stayed here recently, is there still street construction all around the hotel? Our last stay here was great except for the huge amount of road construction surrounding the hotel (thus no direct routes by taxi/uber). Contemplating another stay but want to get an update before booking. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Was there in late February--no construction of significance around the hotel.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The options for SNA to select are Premium Deluxe rooms. I can't even select a suite for SNA upgrade.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I'm considering 2 rooms at this property for my family of four (and a 3rd room for in-laws).

Does anyone have experience requesting connecting rooms here? Also, I suspect the 1-queen can connect to the 2-singles? Finally, for anyone who has stayed in the executive suite 1-bedroom, can that connect to another room to make a 2-bedroom suite?

I do plan to inquire with the hotel directly (or through my Ambassador), but, I am curious if anyone has personal experience that may help me tailor that inquiry.

ETA: Background--I was considering trying a TributePortfolioHomes property for out 6-person group. But, with Homes & Villas replacing that program and no MHV locations in Portugal, I'm focusing on Airbnb and VRBO options....but, I wanted to consider the Sheraton as I have e-certs that could be used for 2 of the 3 rooms we'd need here.

Last edited by FindAWay; Jun 27, 2019 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yes executive suite have a communicate door.

Just stayed there last Sunday.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:48 pm

We just left on June 27th. We had two regular rooms. Were told by the front desk that they didn't have connecting rooms, but the FD put us in rooms that were side by side.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Lol hilarious
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Recent stay...good treatment of Titanium (Lounge and resto for breakfast), points and free parking!
No suite but room on Starwood Floor (signs not changed) were very big and had a fantastic view of the city/river.
Liked the staff very accomadating.

Downsides...hotel is old school and in need of an update (no big deal really), and the club lounge size is a friggin' joke!
First they stupidly have these huge wing chairs in a tiny lounge that take up wayyyyy to much space. Second, well be prepared to wait for seating, I mean really wait.
I saw old people yelling at each other, I'm talking top of their lungs yelling about who got there first and who deserved a seat.
One guy called a lady in her 80's a despicable old cow (awesome, cuz she kinda was).
Staff just run off their feet in the lounge.
Anyways those minor quibles aside and it could be closer to the old town...i really liked this property and would stay there again.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
the club lounge size is a friggin' joke!
The upside is that the selection of offerings in the lounge, at least when I was there, is sufficiently bad that one isn't really compelled to spend time there to begin with.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Hold on there was one upside, they left wine and beer in the open fridge even after club lounge was closed...so if you needed a late nite tipple you could go into the lounge at midnight and pour yourself a glass of wine...it's the small things...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
Hold on there was one upside, they left wine and beer in the open fridge even after club lounge was closed...so if you needed a late nite tipple you could go into the lounge at midnight and pour yourself a glass of wine...it's the small things...
Guilty as charged - I did have an 11 AM beer there once. Though it was pretty warm.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SP03
The options for SNA to select are Premium Deluxe rooms. I can't even select a suite for SNA upgrade.
That's sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.