Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Anyone know if the lounge is open? I am considering this property, and as a Gold would probably not get upgraded to a Club room, but might be willing to pay for it.

What are the breakfast options (with and without lounge access) at the hotel or nearby?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:41 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Anyone know if the lounge is open? I am considering this property, and as a Gold would probably not get upgraded to a Club room, but might be willing to pay for it.

What are the breakfast options (with and without lounge access) at the hotel or nearby?
Just completed a stay here. Club is not open, but a replacement benefit is served in the lobby. I believe soft drinks all day and a plate of nibbles and alcoholic beverages (beer/wine/sparkling/port) between 5pm and 7pm. The plate of food is uninspired and really not worth getting -- mediocre taste and small portion size (although they kept offering seconds). Most notably, the lobby location is drab -- a HUGE step down from the 24th floor lounge with its amazing view.

Breakfast is available for Plat+ in the restaurant (in addition to 1000 points). It's pretty lame. There's an omelet station (decent), but hot and cold items were neither tasty nor particularly great quality, and selection was pretty bare-bones. Of course there is a bottle of sparkling wine, which a group of noisy Americans consumed amply, supplemented by to-go glasses filled to the max when I met them in the elevator. A young couple went in to look at the buffet, asked for the price (€25) and hightailed it out of there. Not sure what local Portuguese options are nearby, the deli at Pingo Doce perhaps, or any number of small bakeries, and we saw a cute Scandinavian breakfast place (Hygge?) a few blocks awyay, not to mention the nearby El Corte Ingles, which has an amazing supermarket with lots of prepared food options in the basement (not sure when they open, though).

Room-wise, had a 24th floor club room facing the "wrong" side this time (toward the airport). Didn't want to cause any hassle and thought the airport view would be pleasant enough for a FTer, but that turned out to be a bad call. The view of old town Lisbon is FAR superior, and if I find myself staying here again, I will make sure to get a room in the "right" direction.

Lounge offering. Pasta salad and tuna/bean salad were terrible, soup ok, sandwich and desserts ok.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by jpdx; Sep 4, 2022 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jpdx
Just completed a stay here. Club is not open, but a replacement benefit is served in the lobby.
Thanks. I ended up booking the Doubletree not far away from the Sheraton. Checking in tomorrow actually. Somewhat cheaper, especially when factoring in free breakfast as a Diamond vs. buying breakfast somewhere (or “lounge” access) as a mere Marriott Gold. The main thing attracting me to the Sheraton (compared to the DT) is the pool. But that would have been an expensive swim.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Just checked out from the hotel. Had a one night stay in the Executive Queen Bed Suite (2403, facing the bridge and Jesus statue; booked basic room via corp rate for 188 EUR and got an upgrade via SNA). Was going to try asking for upgrade to president suite but it seems to have been fully booked (checked on website) so didn't ask.

Having just came from a more luxurious hotel in the form of The Ivens, I kept my expectations in check with respect to the level of polish/quality and service, and indeed not much to expect here, typical Sheraton. The Club Lounge seems to have been replaced with a meeting/conference room instead so going forward I'm expecting the downstairs lobby area to be the Club Lounge.

For Plat/Tit and Club Floor guests, 5pm - 7pm seems to be the only time where the lobby actually becomes a lounge. Complimentary beer/wine, and a plate with 5 tiny dishes + dessert were served. The lounge seemed very understaffed with some staff doing double duties between serving/taking requests/bartending. Not much to write about, but it's free!

The executive suite was surprisingly decent in size and furnishing. Not sure if I set my expectations too low or something but it was nice and spacious, with for once the actual room feeling bigger than what pictures depicted. Having a guest washroom, along with a larger washroom was a nice addition. You also get a nice view of southwest.

The buffet breakfast was pretty sad during my stay. The selections weren't bad with variety of pastries, fruits, yogurt/cereal + toppings, breakfast proteins, and omelette/egg bar, but for whatever reason all the food from self serve area were cold! I guess the burners were all turned off without their knowledge? Not sure. At least it was a quick in and out without the need to sign anything.

Overall not a bad stay all things considered for a Sheraton. Just that breakfast hiccup that I wasn't too happy with.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed at the Sheraton Lisboa recently for 5 nights. Good experience overall. Staff were great and very good in dealing with any requests. The room was decent size and comfortable. As Marriott Gold, I didn’t have access to the lounge so can’t comment on that.

The hotel location is good with lot of shops and stores nearby. There’s a nice cafe (Simpli cafe or something like that) right across the street for a quick coffee and various other bakeries, cafes, and restaurants also nearby.

Easy 20 or so minute walk to the Rossio train station and various touristy parts of town.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:33 am

Just completed a 5 night stay here at the property and have enjoyed it.

We used 5 SNA and was upgrades to the executive suite. The room is spacious and we enjoyed the design and furniture. It is a bit dark but we enjoyed the style. It mostly looks new and well kept. There are some scratches and stains on the carpets but for us is not a big deal. The shower is great and the towels are massive for a luxury feel. The lounge is located in the lobby and they are quite accommodating. We were offered a variety of coffee, tea, wine, and beer at any time.

Our only complaint was the check in process was quite delayed. We arrived early and our room was not ready. We decided to walk around and camp out in the lobby to wait on our room as we just arrived after a long trip. 3pm came and I went to check in but was told the prior person was still in the room and will be until 4pm. We finally got checked into our room at 430pm. While it is a bummer I wish they would have told us earlier and perhaps offered us some type of compensation for the delay. I will say the cleaning staff was working hard and I do not discredit them a bit.

The coffee shop across he street called Simpli is great! They have an amazing flat white and batch coffee. Give it a try!
jtwiz likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks. I ended up booking the Doubletree not far away from the Sheraton. Checking in tomorrow actually. Somewhat cheaper, especially when factoring in free breakfast as a Diamond vs. buying breakfast somewhere (or “lounge” access) as a mere Marriott Gold. The main thing attracting me to the Sheraton (compared to the DT) is the pool. But that would have been an expensive swim.
The pool at the Sheraton is rather short, not suitable for freestyle, but perhaps fine for breaststroke or something. Looks more like a "just a dip" pool than a pool for swimming.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Just back from a few nights ... Was sad to see that they closed the Lounge, was always nice to use. Was happy to see that the breakfast had not changed
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by small ring
Just back from a few nights ... Was sad to see that they closed the Lounge, was always nice to use. Was happy to see that the breakfast had not changed
I understand that they do provide beer/wine plus snacks in the lobby bar in lieu of the Lounge. Is that still holding true?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Originally Posted by jtwiz
I understand that they do provide beer/wine plus snacks in the lobby bar in lieu of the Lounge. Is that still holding true?
Yes, they serve soda, beer and wine most of the day. There is a happy hour (I do not remember the time span) in which light snacks are served.
Just take a table at the bar and someone will come to you.
jtwiz likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I couldn’t even get to my room before the macarons came…
jtwiz likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:13 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Parts of this hotel are quite special, but some things really should be improved. Here are my impressions:
  • Service throughout the hotel is very strong - everyone is so friendly, especially the front desk and bar/lounge staff
  • Offered a high floor club room or to wait 1.5 hours for a suite (arrived around 2 PM) - chose the club room - while waiting for the suite estimate, they had me take some coffee, egg tarts, and brought out a macaron and some other cookies (macaron was really good)
  • Room feels like a Sheraton, that’s for sure
  • Bed was very comfortable with plush pillows, plush mattress, and plush covers
  • Shower pressure was good
  • View (even though it was the airport side) was nice - loved the rainbows
  • Great hot chocolate and rather tasty desserts at club happy hour in the lobby (I asked for just desserts)
  • No issue with 2 PM late checkout I requested
  • TVs did have YouTube
  • Not many accessible outlets unless you unplug the bedside lamps
  • The room definitely had a smell issue - believe it was coming from the toilet room - not terrible enough to make me switch rooms, but it was noticeable
  • Breakfast in the restaurant was rather poor - at least, they make omelets - but the buffet food tasted cold, premade, or stale (croissants, hashbrowns, sausages not great) - I was there at 7:30
  • Took the metro from the airport to Saldanha for 1.65 EUR (can tap in and out with contactless Visa or MC)

The Ivens makes so much more sense for tourism, but I’m curious to try the Marriott to compare with the Sheraton.

Photos:

lamphs likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have all the rooms been renovated here (do they all still have glass walls in the bathroom), it was groundbreaking at the time, now everyone has done it? What a shame they got rid of the club lounge. Marriott now has a better offering in a worse location.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have all the rooms been renovated here (do they all still have glass walls in the bathroom), it was groundbreaking at the time, now everyone has done it? What a shame they got rid of the club lounge. Marriott now has a better offering in a worse location.
I would not describe the room I had as renovated - glass and mirrored walls everywhere.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:32 am

Still all glass in the bathroom (stayed a few weeks ago). Clean, but definitely signs of age - for example, the wallpaper behind the desk was fraying from desk chair being bumped into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.