Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:09 am

Just about to complete a 2 night stay before heading to Pine Cliffs in Algarve. Previous posts described the hotel quite well; clean and quite nice for a Sheraton brand. Spa is nice enough, no charge for all guests, but the unheated pool season was over for me here in October.

I would advise to ask for a room on the poolside of the building as there is a building going up on the other side and the noise might bother you starting around 7am.

Taxi ride form the airport was 15euro for 2 with bags. A 30 min walk to the Baixa one day. Decided to take Uber to Belem the next, about 8euro there and 12euro back. Worth it considering the time savings over public transportation.

cheers

ps. A Taste of India nearby was quite nice for reasonable cost Indian in a somewhat upscale but casual setting. A premium Hamburger restaurant with a healthy list of gins (>50?!) was also quite good and affordable. Opposite side of the block from Taste of India.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Rollaway

Hoping someone can advise. Trying to book a standard room (Deluxe) and the room description says it sleeps 3 people. We're booking for 2 adults and our just turned 4 year old.

Website says "Family Plan Policy Children who are 12 or younger sleep for free in the existing bedding of a room shared with a paying adult. Rollaways, child rollaways and cribs may incur an extra charge."

When we put in 2 adults and 1 child though it automatically adds in a rollaway bed at a charge of $63.44USD per night. I understand that it says that there would be an extra charge if the rollaway is booked, but it doesn't give me an option to not book the rollaway. Is this a call in and book, or just book for 2 adults knowing that the room does in fact sleep 3? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by JD623
Hoping someone can advise. Trying to book a standard room (Deluxe) and the room description says it sleeps 3 people. We're booking for 2 adults and our just turned 4 year old.

Website says "Family Plan Policy Children who are 12 or younger sleep for free in the existing bedding of a room shared with a paying adult. Rollaways, child rollaways and cribs may incur an extra charge."

When we put in 2 adults and 1 child though it automatically adds in a rollaway bed at a charge of $63.44USD per night. I understand that it says that there would be an extra charge if the rollaway is booked, but it doesn't give me an option to not book the rollaway. Is this a call in and book, or just book for 2 adults knowing that the room does in fact sleep 3? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
63.44USD is 60Eur, which is the standard charge at this property for providing an extra rollaway bed. Bearing in mind that if you booked on the spg website, there's no input field for 'number of children' at all, if you're going to have the youngster share the existing bedding, then personally I would just book for 2 adults.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
63.44USD is 60Eur, which is the standard charge at this property for providing an extra rollaway bed. Bearing in mind that if you booked on the spg website, there's no input field for 'number of children' at all, if you're going to have the youngster share the existing bedding, then personally I would just book for 2 adults.
Appreciate you responding. I'm able to get a child field to populate when I click on the attached field.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I just finished up a stay here. I booked it the day before, and within a few hours I was preassigned a Club room. At check-in, I was not proactively offered a suite (I had to ask), but I did receive a suite on the top floor. It was a gorgeous room, with a living room, a WC, a bathroom (with a transparent glass wall facing the bed, though there's a divider you can bring down), and the toiletries seem to be a local brand (although when I asked for extra, I was given the Sheraton standard). There were two complimentary glass water bottles in the room: one sparkling and one still.

The Club lounge seems to have some food between the breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres: I saw at least one egg tart, and some diced fruits on a stick when I went through. You're not supposed to take anything back to your room (and beverages are in fact in glass bottles), and you're asked for your room number during the evening so they could presumably figure out pretty quickly if you managed to do it. Evening hors d'oeuvres were delicious, with baked salmon (on a stick, for some reason), meatballs, some food on those Japanese soup spoons (one dessert, two savoury items), and some kind of tart. I guess if you really wanted to, you could make that your dinner... I didn't try the lounge for breakfast, but breakfast in the restaurant was delicious. I suggest trying out the red fruit juice.

RE: location, it's not that close to downtown, but the walk is only ~20-30 minutes. Uber, as reported by others, is cheap, although if you're coming from downtown, your driver might have to make a U-turn somewhere since it's not currently possible to turn left off of Av Fontes Pereira de Melo. It's only 10-15 minutes from the airport in the morning, which is great.

If you want to get here without taking the aerobus/taxi/Uber (Uber was 7eur to the airport in the morning), you can take the 744 or 748 from the airport and walk ~2-3 minutes from the bus stop (for the 748) or 0 minutes from the 744 stop. Note that the bus stops by the airport don't seem to say the direction. To reach the city bus stop, you exit the airport at T1 arrivals (I exited near the info desk), walk down past the aerobus stop, and cross the street (Click here for a Google maps location). You'll want to be on the side of the road where the bus will drive towards the airport (i.e. up the road you just walked) rather than away from it. Google maps says it'll take ~10 minutes, but traffic can make it take longer. It took ~20 for me.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel, and I'd recommend Lisbon.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by JD623
Appreciate you responding. I'm able to get a child field to populate when I click on the attached field.
Yes, you're right. I was on the iPhone app, which still doesn't have a field for number of children.

If the price is still going up when you add the child, I would still just book for 2 adults and add a comment to the booking that you will have an under-12 who will be sharing existing bedding. You could also drop an email to the hotel : in the past I've found they've been responsive and accommodating.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:36 am

How long does it take from the airport by public transport or by cab? Is a public station far away?

Any recent stay experiences?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TimWong
How long does it take from the airport by public transport or by cab? Is a public station far away?

Any recent stay experiences?
10 minutes, maybe.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by nologic
10 minutes, maybe.
I don't recall the airport being too far by Uber. There's a metro station maybe 10 minutes away and an airport bus station pretty close too, I think?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:41 pm

Take the red metro line from Lisbon airport to Saldanha station : takes 20-25 minutes, then 5 minutes walk to the Sheraton.

There is also the option of changing trains to the yellow line at Saldanha, and travelling one stop to Picoas station, which is 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Taxi ride is about 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:54 pm

Just note, doing the walk to the metro with hand luggage is doable (I recall a hill or two). Doing it with a suitcase may be a hassle.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:45 am

Hello, Planning to stay at this hotel with family vacation in july. any recent experience and how is the executive lounge for breakfast and other stuff?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I stayed there 9/2017 and was quite happy with my second stay in the hotel.

Breakfast is fine. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant may get very crowded. I could choose to have breakfast in the restaurant, too.
They provide some cakes in the afternoon.
Evening snacks + red/white wine + port in the evening. Lounge can get quite crowded.
unclepants and troyhouse like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:28 pm

I read on other reviews it was a 10 minute walk to town. This thread says 30 minutes. If it's really 30, is it any better location than the Lisbon Marriott which everyone complains about being too far? Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
I read on other reviews it was a 10 minute walk to town. This thread says 30 minutes. If it's really 30, is it any better location than the Lisbon Marriott which everyone complains about being too far? Thanks
The things to do and see in Lisbon are not clustered in one concentrated core but taxis are cheap. The Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn Express are more in the central core than the Sheraton. But I have stayed at the Sheraton three times and I like it because out the back is a local characteristic residential neighborhood, meaning little cafes, bakery, grocery, tiny shops. You can get a taxi to drop you in Alfama, Belem, Barrio Alto, the Gulbekian and Corte Ingles, and the train station to go to Cascais.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.