Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Did a return stay last weekend and was rather disappointed. Was told no Club rooms were available so I was given an ordinary king room on an SPG floor. No suites either. There was no robe so I requested one...twice...and none showed up when I returned from a long day in the city. Was given Club access and while the breakfast spread was fine, the evening cocktail food offering was rather meagre. Was told I would get the same features as in a Club room, but that was never delivered upon. Apparently they have also stopped offering a small bottle of port in the Club rooms too.

Bathroom was in questionable shape: the toilet seat came off as I lifted the lid, and the towel rack in the bathtub almost came out of the wall!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Apparently they have also stopped offering a small bottle of port in the Club rooms too.
Last time they offered me the bottle of Port as one of the choices for the Platinum gift (points or Port). But now that you mention it, I seem to remember that on previous visits the bottle was always there.

In any case, I still like this hotel a lot (even if I read a lot of semi-negative comments here). I do however agree with the style-over-function comments on the room decoration.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Gold
this sucks

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Did a return stay last weekend and was rather disappointed.
I hope you spoke to the manager and were offered some sort of discount or compensation.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
I hope you spoke to the manager and were offered some sort of discount or compensation.
Here we go again...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by susiesan
I listed my problems on the survey card and left it with the check-out clerk. Have not heard anything further from the property. I am not demanding any compensation, just that minimum standards be met and on this stay, it was not.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Does this property still give Plats the choice of free breakfast in lounge or lobby?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by paullevi
Does this property still give Plats the choice of free breakfast in lounge or lobby?
Yes, you can pick where you have breakfast.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:15 am

Breakfast in the Lobby is the way to go

And you'll want to choose the lobby restaurant breakfast. Trust me, it's one of the best. It's a massive spread. Fantastic way to start the day.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:23 am

Just returned using the 40 Euro special. Checked in at 9:30 AM, no problem. Another poster remarked about the glassed bathroom and how turning on the lights at night disturbed other occupants. The bathroom does have remote controlled blinds that help a lot. I liked the nearly sound proofed rooms with leather looking doors and the dark hallways which helps tone down the noise from guests in the hallways. I did use the Clarion suites on the 2 nights when the 40 euro rate was not available. Got the 8000 point rate using the Discover America promo, and I did like the neighborhood better, plus the suite was terrific with kitchen/living room etc.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by paullevi
If I'm able to pay more SPG points to get upgraded into an executive room, can I have breakfast in the lobby or does it have to be in the lounge?

In reference to using 1500 SPG points a night for the club floor room, do you wait until you arrive and ask at check in? Or do you send the hotel an email asking for this? My stay is from Nov. 4-7, one night at the 40eu rate and 2 nights cash plus points. It should be the off season and not too full.

Last edited by susiesan; Jul 14, 2012 at 2:25 pm
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:06 am

1500 SPG Upgrade is worth it for lobby bfast perk

At check-in I asked about the 1.5k upgrade. I considered emailing the mgr in advance but never got around to it. The gal at the front desk had no problem upgrading me with points. As all of us are finding, the staff is wonderful and eager to please. If for some reason the front desk isn't able to upgrade you at check-in, inquire again at shift change? I wouldn't worry about it, you'll get the upgrade.
I think my husband and I spent 90 minutes at breakfast - coffee, surfing, watching, eating, then eating more. Can't remember but I think they may have even had champagne out? It's a spread.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life; AEGEAN Gold; HILTON Lifetime Diamond; MARRIOTT Lifetime Platinum; IHG Diamond Amb.
I stayed a couple of times in the last fortnight and both times had early check in and great service. The club canapes are poor and there was no port either time this year but easy location and nice pool/spa area. Good rates and overall pleased with both stays.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Staying here for four nights as a platinum booked into a club level room, any chance for suite upgrade?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Lifetime Gold, (Fond memories of) SPG Lifetime Plat
There are still a few rooms left at the 40 Euro anniversary rate. The T&C state that the rate is not eligible for Starpoints. Does anyone know if that also means no stay/night credit will be given?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I stayed a couple of weeks ago on the Eur40 rate and it credited normally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.