Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Was planning a stay at this property until I realized that they charge 12,5 Euro/person for use of the pool, also if you stay in a Club Room.

I have contacted the hotel about use of points for up-grades, but they did not respond to that questions. Do they offer upgrades to Club Floor for points, and how much will it cost?

As a gold I doubt I will get any upgrade without paying points/cash.

Anyone who knows the name of the spa? Is it run by third party?
I think SPG reservations desk can/will tell you about upgrades using points.

The Club floor is particulalry nice and worth the points, or supplement, IMO.

Also, they do charge for pool access, because it's a small area and a very nice pool, and there are only so many chairs, and they believe it would otherwise be too crowded and not enough pool chairs, so I think it is a form of filtering out supply/demand versus trying to make a meaningful extra profit.

I think the spa/pool may be run by a third party, but it's well run and my recollection is that massage rates were quite reasonable.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:19 pm

arrived today

as plat got city view club floor.

only red and white wine and soft drinks at "happy hour" and a few pickings
here are 2 computers for use but Mr tinkybelle couldnt get them working
though my mac works just fine

very groovy hallways.
nice room
nice bathroom

I couldnt get the bath to work either
I saw the 1/4 bottle of port(cute) no note
took a while to checkin with the passport crap
taxi from airport was 19.50 euro here
I just checked the website cannot see anywhere where it quotes 7 euro!
dont know how got it for 10 the airport is quoting 23e if you buy a voucher.. why would one do that when its on 20 e by normal cab??

Last edited by tinkybelle; Aug 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
taxi from airport was 19.50 euro here
Unless taxis have become a lot more expensive in one year, you were ripped off... somehow...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Koby
Unless taxis have become a lot more expensive in one year, you were ripped off... somehow...
we had 2 large suitcases and 2 carryon.

apparently cases are 1.60 each

there is apparently also a flag fall for airport

the booth at the airport wanted to sell me a cab voucher for 23 so yes i would say things have changed.

transfers booked in advance are US 70

still cannot find the 7 euro on the website can someone point me in the right direction
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:45 pm

The panoramic restaurant on the top floor I thought was excellent when I was there a few months ago. The confirmation the hotel sent me a few days prior to arrival included a link to book and get a ?25% discount off your restaurant bill.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
still cannot find the 7 euro on the website can someone point me in the right direction
It says 8€ now, on this page.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:30 pm

Seems like it was in the 7 to 10 € range going TO the airport from the taxi line closest to the Sheraton last fall. Maybe I was just overcharged, but once
it was about 50% more when the first vehicle in the taxi line happened to be a small van/station wagon, not a standard car.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
ok, i just came back from this hotel. it was about 9 euro from the airport to the hotel, but then they added an extra passage charge, an airport pickup charge, and a luggage charge, and it ended up being about 17. so i think you didn't get all that screwed
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:50 am

It says 8€ now, on this page.
well as freeloader and I both said its more than that
the airport quotes 15eu min up to 23eu
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:29 am

any recent stays at this hotel?

Having read this thread, it sounds like:

+ it's a nice hotel, esp since the renovation - has a W feel to it
+ it's far from the center of town, but is still within walking distance
+ has a nice lounge

- there are very few suites - not many plats get upgraded to suites
- it costs EUR 12.50 to enter the swimming pool/sauna area regardless of status

any updates are appreciated!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jaejaez
any recent stays at this hotel?

Having read this thread, it sounds like:

+ it's a nice hotel, esp since the renovation - has a W feel to it
+ it's far from the center of town, but is still within walking distance
+ has a nice lounge

- there are very few suites - not many plats get upgraded to suites

any updates are appreciated!
I don't think it has a W feel, but a mldern elegant feel with the wood paneling, etc.

The breakfast in the lounge is better than nice.

I think it's a good location.

The pool is very nice/elegant. The small fee keeps it from being too crowded.

Taxi to/from the airport is very quick and cheap.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Cabs have indeed gotten very expensive from the airport. I paid about E18 too so anything less is unlikely. However, since the airport bus stops across from the Sheraton, I took it back and anyone concerned about the cost should just take this bus service, even first timers to the city.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaejaez
I thought this was part of Platinum, no? Do Plats just get complimentary "gym" access?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 5:11 pm

picked up at 4.30 am the meter showed 10 but was charged 15eu
I got a receipt

would that be 50% loading for early morning?

seems to be a rail line right underneath is this correct?

I liked the hotel and will stay at OPO sheraton as it looks almost identical.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:30 pm

The hotel is a fine one - all the details discussed by tinky & others in relation to the hard product is spot on. hallways are funky, lounge is small and limited (but adequate for me), location is a little far from the center of touristy action etc... so I won't go into more details wrt the physiques.

What makes this a fine hotel is the level of service - it is very refined and the folks that work here seem to take pride in their jobs. The lounge is small and limited but the service level makes it one of the best lounge experiences I have had. When you request something, it is delivered with joy and pride. It's hard for me to point a finger to what exactly makes them look that way... but it does and goes a long way to make the hotel a great experience.

The check-in staff are also great (might also add that they are very good looking ppl - both men & women). The concierge was manned by a very experienced gentleman (wearing the clef d'or) who helped out with everything from transportation on an express bus to Evora to the best portuguese chicken restaurant nearby. When I asked the bellhop (I think his name was Michael) to fetch me a cab, he ran.. like really fast... to get one for me.. to the point where he was panting by the time he got back. Never have I seen such a sight in any other Sheratons in my short several years of platinum-ship.

So all in, a great hotel. Just some facts below for future visitors to take note.

- Location is far from the center of touristy stuff (i.e. Rossio) but we always still walked. it is a nice stroll. If you are here for business, the hotel is very well placed right next to offices for KPMG, Deloitte, Barclays Premier etc.

- We got upgraded to a corner room on the club floor, but no suite.

- Breakfast in lounge includes sparkling portuguese wine + juice mixer. Made myself a juice of 1/2 carrot + 2 green apples and it tasted great.

- Lobby is often filled with local ladies (prob in their 40s-50s) who sit over cups of coffee and talk for hours (not that this bothers me... but found it interesting)

- Drivers in Lisbon are insane. Look before you cross, even if the light is green.

- When approached by random guys asking you to buy weed etc, don't act all weird and try to run away etc. Smile and say you don't want any. They'll smile back and say hv a good day.

- We got a limo to pick us up at the airport. The limo driver was a contractor and thru the entire 20 mins of ride to the hotel he was trying to sell us his tour-guide services.

- The express bus terminal that can take you to almost anywhere in Portugal (and beyond.. including Evora, Albufeira, Madrid, Porto etc) is 10 mins away by cab. You buy bus tickets at the terminal - I found the ticket agents surprisingly friendly and they speak good english.

Happy to answer questions if anyone's got any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.