Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by [b
qofmiwok
I read on other reviews it was a 10 minute walk to town. This thread says 30 minutes. If it's really 30, is it any better location than the Lisbon Marriott which everyone complains about being too far? Thanks
The things to do and see in Lisbon are not clustered in one concentrated core but taxis are cheap. The Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn Express are more in the central core than the Sheraton. But I have stayed at the Sheraton three times and I like it because out the back is a local characteristic residential neighborhood, meaning little cafes, bakery, grocery, tiny shops. You can get a taxi to drop you in Alfama, Belem, Barrio Alto, the Gulbekian and Corte Ingles, and the train station to go to Cascais.
I completely agree with you. I found the location convenient: taxis are cheap, a bus station is in front of the hotel (and a metro station but I found the bus more convenient). There is also a station for the airport bus in front of the hotel (but I took the taxi as it is rather cheap; many drivers try to overcharge though).

Walking to the area around "Elevador de Santa Justa" may take around 15-20min. But it can get very hot in summer time and then the walk gets tiring or you may prefer to take a taxi or the bus to reach the areas of interest.

Last edited by LH738; Mar 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm Reason: Formatting quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:28 am

The metro is very simple, easy to navigate and cheap. The buses are ok but can get crowded. The Sheraton is about a 20 minute walk (German pace) from the historic shopping district, but getting a bus there takes 8-10 minutes , more or less a straight line.
I liked this Sheraton...not uber-luxe but laid-back and comfortable...as is Lisbon itself.
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by paolo64
The metro is very simple, easy to navigate and cheap. The buses are ok but can get crowded. The Sheraton is about a 20 minute walk (German pace) from the historic shopping district, but getting a bus there takes 8-10 minutes , more or less a straight line.
I liked this Sheraton...not uber-luxe but laid-back and comfortable...as is Lisbon itself.
It's about 2.5km walk from the Sheraton to Rossio (the start of the historic centre), and 3.4km to the waterfront. I won't enquire about how Germans walk, but it's 30-40 minutes at 'tourist pace', a little more on the way back as its uphill.

That said, Lisbon is a place where you'll need to be using public transport/taxis to reach many of the tourist sights and the airport anyway, and in that respect the Sheraton is in a very favourable location, much better than the Marriott.
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
It's about 2.5km walk from the Sheraton to Rossio (the start of the historic centre), and 3.4km to the waterfront. I won't enquire about how Germans walk, but it's 30-40 minutes at 'tourist pace', a little more on the way back as its uphill.

That said, Lisbon is a place where you'll need to be using public transport/taxis to reach many of the tourist sights and the airport anyway, and in that respect the Sheraton is in a very favourable location, much better than the Marriott.
Ha! I stand corrected...I walked there and it didn't seem that far but I did stop for a coffee enroute. Certainly a bus or cab for the return.
I did walk to the Gulbekian and it wasn't all that far. I'm really glad I did..it's a fantastic collection ( and the concierge at the Sheraton had some discount vouchers for entry; not sure if that was a special promotion or a permanent thing, but worth asking).
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I second the comments about it being in an accessible area, with lots of local shops and cafes in the area. One convenient way to get around many of the tourist sites is the Hop On Hop Off buses. Multiple companies and routes leave from Marques de Pombal , a straight line 900 m / 10 minute stroll from the Sheraton ( even less on the return depending upon the route selected as one route stops a couple of hundred yards away).
unclepants likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
How does the location compare to the new SPG Design Hotel in LIS - the Memmo Principe Real?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Isochronous
How does the location compare to the new SPG Design Hotel in LIS - the Memmo Principe Real?
I like to walk when I’m vacationing & in a new city, so I found the walk from the Sheraton into the downtown Lisbon city center & waterfront enjoyable and doable. From looking at a map, at first glance the Memmo looks a fair amount closer to the city center (though to the other side of Avenida de Liberdado) but then I remembered that the neighborhoods there were very hilly and elevated. I suspect that the views might be nice from the Memmo and the distance technically a bit shorter, but it may not be as walkable as the Sheraton Lisbon. Hopefully someone who has stayed there can answer this definitively. I do remember taking a tram up into that area, so it’s not unreachable, it just could be less walkable. ???
unclepants and Isochronous like this.

Last edited by Travelosopher; Jun 17, 2018 at 11:30 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
While the Sheraton isn’t far from anything per se, the surrounding area is uninspiring.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like wherever one stays in LIS it's easy enough to take the tram around - Sheraton is a reasonable price so may just try it unless one of the boutiques has a good deal.

Are they good with suite upgrades here?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....Are they good with suite upgrades here?
No. Property has relatively few suites. Never got one without SNA.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TerryK
No. Property has relatively few suites. Never got one without SNA.
Exactly this. Without SNA here upgrades to a suite are near impossible.

They did offer the Presidential for something like 300 euros a night extra...
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:23 pm

Stayed at one of the suites using SNA. It is nice that they have 1.5 bath and separated living room. Staffs here are much nicer than the ones in Porto.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by anchor79
Stayed at one of the suites using SNA. It is nice that they have 1.5 bath and separated living room. Staffs here are much nicer than the ones in Porto.
Weird, as both properties have the same owner and partially share management teams.

It is my understanding that they only do suite upgrades for Plat75’s and above, availability permitting.

Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

Are they good with suite upgrades here?
I stayed on a Sunday-Tuesday and got a suite upgrade without asking or using SNAs in May. Very friendly check in staff.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
No problems getting a suite here without sna a couple of months ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.