Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:29 pm

Distance to Shuttle

I will be arriving on CX in Terminal 1 and see that one has to meet the shuttle in a parking bay in Terminal 2.

Can someone tell me the distance from the exit of customs in T1 to the shuttle? Is the walk entirely indoors? Walking good distances is a bit challenging for me -- esp. in HKG heat/humidity.

Finally, can one (for a price!) get a private limo for the short trip from T1 to the hotel?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Does anyone have an e-mail address for this property? All I find are phone numbers.
Bump
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by observer
Can someone tell me the distance from the exit of customs in T1 to the shuttle? Is the walk entirely indoors?
You go to the hotel desks, which are just to the right of airport express ticket machines, maybe 50 yards from customs exit. They walk you to the shuttle when it arrives. It's not far and it's virtually all indoors.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, MM Senator, FB Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Never stayed in an airport before but i am thinking of staying one night in this hotel in my coming trip. Just one question, is the aircraft noise loud enough so it bothers you? thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by littletiger
Never stayed in an airport before but i am thinking of staying one night in this hotel in my coming trip. Just one question, is the aircraft noise loud enough so it bothers you? thanks!
You can hear them. If you think that might be an issue, you might want to just stay in Hong Kong. Honestly the fact you have to take a shuttle to this hotel means you save very little time over taking Airport Express into the city. Also, the shuttle back to the airport can be very crowded in the morning. Overall I did not find much benefit at all staying here compared to Hong Kong. If I wanted to stay at the airport, I would stay at the Regal, which is connected to the terminal.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You can hear them. If you think that might be an issue, you might want to just stay in Hong Kong. Honestly the fact you have to take a shuttle to this hotel means you save very little time over taking Airport Express into the city. Also, the shuttle back to the airport can be very crowded in the morning. Overall I did not find much benefit at all staying here compared to Hong Kong. If I wanted to stay at the airport, I would stay at the Regal, which is connected to the terminal.
Many thanks for your responses. The Regal sounds like a better bet, notwithstanding my Marriott status. I am a worrier and I will be happy to eliminate the worry about shuttles.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, MM Senator, FB Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
thanks for your input, very much appreciated. I think I will stay in HK then.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:29 pm

I noticed that a 140 HKD service fee is tacked onto the room rate when you reserve. What service is that fee for at this hotel?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
[QUOTE=Kacee;28088393Honestly the fact you have to take a shuttle to this hotel means you save very little time over taking Airport Express into the city. Also, the shuttle back to the airport can be very crowded in the morning. Overall I did not find much benefit at all staying here compared to Hong Kong. If I wanted to stay at the airport, I would stay at the Regal, which is connected to the terminal.[/QUOTE]

You can also take the MTR one stop in the opposite direction to AsiaWorld-Expo and then walk to the Marriott (indoors IIRC).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I will be arriving around 6am (landing at 5am) and leave around 6am next morning. Is there any chance I could check in at 6am?

I wouldn't expect 6am checkin at a regular hotel but this is an airport hotel so I guess it might be different.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You go to the hotel desks, which are just to the right of airport express ticket machines, maybe 50 yards from customs exit. They walk you to the shuttle when it arrives. It's not far and it's virtually all indoors.
In fact, if you go to the desk (B05 is the one you're looking for), you'll usually get a private car ride rather than the regular shuttle. It picks you up from the limousine area (a much shorter walk). This has always worked for me (including just this week), and in fact as a lowly Gold, there's someone waiting to meet me at the hotel entrance when the car gets there, and the check-in is done in my room. I've had in-room check-ins at Sheraton hotels in India as a platinum, and the Sky City Marriott Hong Kong as a gold. Makes you feel pretty special :-)
Old May 1, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
as a lowly Gold, there's someone waiting to meet me at the hotel entrance when the car gets there, and the check-in is done in my room.
I got this as a Gold as well. IIRC, was met by the FDM. Most impressive part of the stay. I did have to wait about 15 minutes for the car though, which was kind of a drag as the waiting area was really crowded. All told it would have been about the same amount of time to take Airport Express into the city.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:57 am

Does anyone please have a contact email address for this hotel ???
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:06 pm
soy

Programs: various
Did not see it mentioned but for those with a stopover in HKG with kids, they have a free shuttle to and from Disney HKG (30min drive) each day
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I noticed that a 140 HKD service fee is tacked onto the room rate when you reserve. What service is that fee for at this hotel?
Sounds like your rate is 1400HKD and 140HKD is the 10% service charge that all hotels in HKG levy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.