Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aks120
Hi guys

Please see below the link to the part of my recent Trip Report that reviews the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott. I hope you enjoy!

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Review

Regards

aks120
Thanks for the trip report - and the pictures. Great views from the hotel. BTW - I'm now hungry for hot & sour soup!

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:11 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That's a great way of bringing relevant information from an FT trip report back to the forum. I wish we had an automated way to do so but we don't. Thank you for taking the time to post the link .
Agree wholeheartedly, other that the fact that it doesn't seem possible to add a comment pertinent to that part of a much bigger TR. However this is not the forum for that type of discussion, so I will just say - nice TR about one of my favourite hotels.

Nick
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Great report. I stayed at that property several times a year as it's adjacent to the Asia World Expo Center and I absolutely love it. One of the best airport hotel in my opinion. The Executive Lounge is great, and the food (in the lounge and restaurant) is very good.
I highly recommend it.

For Platinums, you can skip the lines in the lobby and check in at the Executive Lounge were the staff is excellent.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
good report!
i stay there 3-4 times per year, definitely my home in HK.
good service, often upgraded, few times in a suite.
the position excellent as the train to the city is in walking distance or if you prefer there is a free shuttle to the regular sub line.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this a trip report on FT or are you pushing some other website or your own blog? I personally never click such links.
Or you could've just hovered your cursor over the hyperlink and seen it was a link to somewhere else on FT.

Thanks for the note, OP!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 pm

Does anyone have an e-mail address for this property? All I find are phone numbers.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Great property. I visited earlier in January (my first trip as Gold) and was upgraded to a suite (sweet!). Executive lounge was nice, and had some things out and ready to serve before the official breakfast start time. I appreciated that, as it gave me a chance to eat before catching my flight to TPE...without lounge access - *GASP!* horror!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this a trip report on FT or are you pushing some other website or your own blog? I personally never click such links.
+1

Besides, why start a new thread?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel

Besides, why start a new thread?
Perhaps because it's a property specific report & not a comparison one, the latter of which would belong in the HKG family thread. Doing a quick search the other stand alone property thread is a couple of years old so maybe the OP didn't see it.

But rather than beat up on the OP I'm grateful he posted a link here re: the property since I don't usually go to the Trip Report forum on FT.

And due to his posting some of his pics, I can say I did finally get some hot & sour soup since seeing it in his property review really had me hankering for it

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Thanks for posting! My parents often stay there when they visit HK (I haven't had a chance to yet) and they NEVER take photos of the hotel! They rave about the food, etc but I have no idea what they are talking about since they hardly take any photos. Now I know - thanks again!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I'm looking to book a reservation right now. I see a rate called "Member Exclusive Offer - Minibar package, includes mini bar". In the rate details it says "Book and stay at hotel's Best Available Rate and enjoy one
round complimentary minibar per stay." Does that mean one drink from the minibar per stay or do I get to clean out the whole minibar?!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I'm looking to book a reservation right now. I see a rate called "Member Exclusive Offer - Minibar package, includes mini bar". In the rate details it says "Book and stay at hotel's Best Available Rate and enjoy one
round complimentary minibar per stay." Does that mean one drink from the minibar per stay or do I get to clean out the whole minibar?!
Just one drink.

Billy
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Just one drink.

Billy
Bah!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Bah!
Thumbs down that you're getting one free drink?

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thumbs down that you're getting one free drink?

Cheers.
Thumbs down it's only one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.