Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I received an email informing me that Sky CIty Marriott woudl not honor my reservation for Sep 22-24, 2022. You are iunabel to make reservations at this hotel for any future date.

Their wording below:

My reply to hotel:

You, Marriott, have a contract with me for accommodations. Your web site offered the room and I accepted the price and terms you offered. You are now informing me that you are breaking that contract with me. You have no honor and cannot be trusted.

Are you no longer a Marriott property? If you are still a Marriott property then you should honor your commitments to its customers or leave the Marriott family. If you have already left Marriott, then good riddance.

Sincere regards,

aaupgrade

I called Marriot titanium reservations and they were of no help, but asked to speak with a supervisor. She put me on hold and came back and said they are a quarentine hotel. To which I responded that they are not listed on https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/d...ted-hotel.html so I told her whoever told her that, was lying. I also told her that quarantine hotels only go through February 22, 2022 so canceling a stay in September of 2022 doesn't make sense unless they were being opportunistic at the expense of Marriott customers who already have reservations. I asked her for an email address for customer relations. She told me there is no email address for customer relations.

IMO, this hotel should be deflagged.
This type of email makes me cringe.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What an arrogant email sent to Skycity from the customer who probably has no idea that many things in Hong Kong now are NOT the decisions by the local businesses. After the upheavals before the great plague, and the enactment of the National Security Laws, whatever the local businesses can do are all up to the government, and NOT the official Hong Kong government for that matter.

Other than showing the very poor attitude with no understanding on what the world outside US has been going thru, I do not see anything else of such a reply. Why you are so hell-bent to stay at a property that is destined as Crew Quarantine hotel?

May be this Titanium member should do some googling on the recent CX Cargo crew quarantine cases, like a horror movie from hell... Hence the need to have a dedicated crew quarantine hotel become very obvious. Else, Hong Kong may be well cut off from outside world not just for passenger traffic but also cargo traffic...

Besides, until there is ZERO case around the island and the motherland, I doubt the border would be opened without quarantine, which right now even you are HongKong residents or HKSAR passport holders, you are still required to quarantine 21 days in a destined hotel and going thru SIX or more texts during the 21 days... You really think all these restrictions would be gone by Sept? Or for that matter, China would abandon its current ZERO case goal?

Big deal for your yearly RTW trip. The world does not pay a hoot to your RTW ticket.

We too, have RTW trips each year often covers 3 Continents - EU, Asia, Australia. Since 2020 this is not possible. We have not been able to back to Hong Kong since 2020, and we have family members there. But obviously we understand how the other parts of the world operate better and do not demand this and that.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 2, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am looking to make a reservation at this hotel for March 2023, but they aren't accepting reservations until June 1, 2023. Are they undergoing renovations or are they still closed due to Covid and/or quarantine?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:01 am

I hope none of the hotel chains actually own the properties they operate in China, Hong Kong and Macau. The lost in property value will take decades to recover.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I am looking to make a reservation at this hotel for March 2023, but they aren't accepting reservations until June 1, 2023. Are they undergoing renovations or are they still closed due to Covid and/or quarantine?
They have been using it as quarantine hotel for crews for the last 2 years and hasn’t been taking any public bookings. There is no longer any quarantine requirements for crew so I am not sure why are they still not open to the public.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:17 am

Delete
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:18 am

Delete
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I can recommend the Sheraton Tung Chung as an alternative. It is new and became my staycation hotel of choice during the Great Plague when a weekend near the airport was considered travelling. Great breakfast in the buffet and good lounge service in the evening. Underneath there's a bar/restaurant area that becomes lively at night after the lounge closes. That's if you really have to stay at the airport.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I can recommend the Sheraton Tung Chung as an alternative. It is new and became my staycation hotel of choice during the Great Plague when a weekend near the airport was considered travelling. Great breakfast in the buffet and good lounge service in the evening. Underneath there's a bar/restaurant area that becomes lively at night after the lounge closes. That's if you really have to stay at the airport.
Thanks for that info. We arrive at 18:45 and leave at 08:25 the next day so airport seems like best option.

Do you know if they have an airport shuttle?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for that info. We arrive at 18:45 and leave at 08:25 the next day so airport seems like best option.

Don”t forget that you wouldn’t be able to eat in the lounge or restaurant for the first 3 days anyway (Hong Kong’s current rules) but you’ll get breakfast delivered to your room and probably lounge snacks and drinks in the evening. I can second that hotel. The Four Points next door to the Sheraton is also fine for your situation and much cheaper. I used that hotel for my 7-day quarantine previously. Not sure about shuttle buses but it’s 10 mins in a taxi. There’s also Citygate mall within 10 mins walking.
kevino and margarita girl like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite

I agree with yorkboy24 that you should just get a taxi there from the airport. I've used their shuttle bus from Tung Chung MTR but that would be a long-winded way of getting there. If things really are getting back to normal in HK then maybe they will start scheduling an airport shuttle. Despite its location overlooking the runway the hotel focused quite understandably on HK staycations since it opened so it didn't make sense to have transport from the actual airport which would have made a good set for a zombie apocalypse movie for the last few years.

Also, if the restrictions are still in place in March next year and you won't be able to use the hotel facilities then you may as well stay at the Four Points which is part of the same development. The Four Points was one of the better quarantine hotels (apparently - I didn't use it) that incarcerated residents for weeks on end at the peak of the mania. We witnessed forlorn faces and pleading messages on post-it notes pressed to windows when we were next door at the Sheraton as we downed our sparking wine in the lounge. I remember at the start of what became the Great Plague there was a discussion here about using Bonvoy hotels as quarantine centres and whether Marriott would fess up which of its properties had become Horror Hotels so those sensitive to poltergeists could avoid them. I don't believe this list was ever produced.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This hotel is now open for business again! Made my March booking.
dgreen12, Happy and mcgahat like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Shuttle schedule

The hotel posts shuttle schedule between 5:00 am and 12:30 am daily. Does anyone know the frequency of the shuttle?

I will arrive at 10:50 pm. If I choose either Four Points or Sheraton near HkIA, I will definitely need to take a taxi there because their shuttles end the night earlier.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kmxu
The hotel posts shuttle schedule between 5:00 am and 12:30 am daily. Does anyone know the frequency of the shuttle?

I will arrive at 10:50 pm. If I choose either Four Points or Sheraton near HkIA, I will definitely need to take a taxi there because their shuttles end the night earlier.
I don’t know but Sheraton / FP last one is 11:15 pm and they are hourly. Expect it to be similar. A taxi wouldn’t be much and right now Sheraton / FP have a rate that includes the whole rate as dining credit. I’m not seeing this rate at the Marriott. This would more than mitigate the 40hkd taxi ride!
Kmxu likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They used to send a special shuttle for high tier elites. No idea if they still do.

Note that the Airport Express to Asia World is a viable, and in many cases, a better option than the shuttle if you're traveling relatively light. The shuttle can be a long wait and it can be very crowded, especially on the return to the airport.
kevino and Kmxu like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.