Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
They used to send a special shuttle for high tier elites. No idea if they still do.

Note that the Airport Express to Asia World is a viable, and in many cases, a better option than the shuttle if you're traveling relatively light. The shuttle can be a long wait and it can be very crowded, especially on the return to the airport.
Last time we were there (2019), the parking lot and the surrounding area were a huge construction site. You could not just walk across from the bus depot (not the MTR as you mentioned) to the Marriott by just taking a diagonal street crossing. It was a huge mess.

I gather now it is all good, i.e. back to normal, walkable street surface?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Happy
Last time we were there (2019), the parking lot and the surrounding area were a huge construction site. You could not just walk across from the bus depot (not the MTR as you mentioned) to the Marriott by just taking a diagonal street crossing. It was a huge mess.

I gather now it is all good, i.e. back to normal, walkable street surface?
I wouldn't bet on it - I haven't tried the exact walk you are describing recently - but the whole surrounding area for the hotel is still a massive construction site with re-routed roads and the likes. Source: My arrival into HK about 3 weeks ago and driving past Asia World Expo in a taxi.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:29 pm

Programs: hahaha
I'm wondering if there'd be any issues with storing heavy bags here for two nights while I hotel-hop to more desireable options. I specifically reserved my first HK night at this property because of its proximity to the airport (or perhaps the Tung Chung hotels are a better choice?)

Would need a shuttle of course but wouldn't mind juggling it to Asiaworld-Expo Station if need be
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by asovse1
I'm wondering if there'd be any issues with storing heavy bags here for two nights while I hotel-hop to more desireable options. I specifically reserved my first HK night at this property because of its proximity to the airport (or perhaps the Tung Chung hotels are a better choice?)

Would need a shuttle of course but wouldn't mind juggling it to Asiaworld-Expo Station if need be
You would have to ring and ask I suggest - there is no definitive ability to rely on this as it would be a favour. It isn't that hard to get around HK to be fair with taxis and bags.

Note as an alternative if they didn't there are paid options available that are not that pricey really, but they do have maximum weights/dimensions you should pay attention to
1. There is a left luggage in the airport: https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...aggage-storage (HKD140/day)
2. There used to be a left luggage option in Hong Kong/Kowloon station that allowed you to leave bags easily for a few days, but it is still suspended: https://www.guardforce.com.hk/en/sec.../left-lugguage
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:52 am

I appreciate you digging that information up, especially the HK Station option that I didn't know about. Thanks!
littlevoices likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Looking for recent (ie March 2023 and onwards) experience with the hotel shuttle. When we went last time, which was probably 5 or 6 years ago, they sent a private car and a driver to wait at the airport and pick us up, just us. I was either platinum or titanium then.

Does the hotel have frequent services to the airport?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Looking for recent (ie March 2023 and onwards) experience with the hotel shuttle. When we went last time, which was probably 5 or 6 years ago, they sent a private car and a driver to wait at the airport and pick us up, just us. I was either platinum or titanium then.

I think margarita girl just finished a stay there and I'm eagerly waiting to see if they have a report to share lol

But recent external reviews indicate there is still quarter-hourly transportation (not sure if private) between the hotel to airport.

A cached shuttle timetable suggests a private car was available in 2021, when there was still quarantining I suppose, so keep that in mind.

You can access it through this link since bbcode isn't working for me right now: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Shuttle bus is every 30 mins on the half hour.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Is it possible to walk from the airport with just a carry-on? Google Maps says 45 minutes, but the route it shows seems indirect.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Is it possible to walk from the airport with just a carry-on? Google Maps says 45 minutes, but the route it shows seems indirect.
I’ve done it before (from hotel to airport) and I’m sure it didn’t take that long. Most of it was indoors. However this time hotel advised against it due to construction.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve done it before (from hotel to airport) and I’m sure it didn’t take that long. Most of it was indoors. However this time hotel advised against it due to construction.
Half an hour then?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
Half an hour then?
I\d say more like 34 minutes. MG?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ftrichard
If it's mostly indoors then it can't be that bad. There's AC?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Knowing your sense of humour, I think you’re pulling my leg with the precise 34 mins.

However, it was at least 5 yrs ago and my friend knew the route so I just followed him. I think we walked across a bridge and then through a convention centre and eventually ended up at the airport so I would say maybe 20 mins but I don’t know for sure.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is Airport Express to Asia World and then walk still an option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.