Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
Is Airport Express to Asia World and then walk still an option?
Sorry, no idea.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
What are they like with upgrades at this hotel? One of the advantages here seems to be that you don't need to be in a suite to have a bathtub.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:27 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
We received an upgrade to one bed suite for our one night stay pre covid. Nice hotel but lounge is manic
Old Jun 8, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by fdem
We received an upgrade to one bed suite for our one night stay pre covid. Nice hotel but lounge is manic
Decent food spread in the lounge during the evening?
Old Aug 28, 2023, 10:46 pm

Looking for some feedback from those of you that have been to this hotel recently.

I'll have an overnight layover and am looking for a convenient place to stay. Will be traveling relatively light, but will have a toddler in tow.... Was considering SkyCity, but looks like the shuttle is only once every 30 minutes which I feel may not be the best option.
Someone mentioned taking the train to Asia World Expo station. Is that generally speaking a "faster" way to get to this hotel?

Also am considering just forgoing Bonvoy and staying at the airport hotel instead.

What are some thoughts for those that have gone through HKG many more times than myself.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
What are some thoughts for those that have gone through HKG many more times than myself.
I felt it wasn't materially more convenient than taking Airport Express into the city, so long as you stay at a property that's reasonably convenient to the train. If you want true airport convenience, just stay at the Regal.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
I arrived late at night, and ended up just taking a cab to the hotel. Didn't bother with the shuttle bus as you've got to walk out to the parking lot and we were tired, signage showed that the train to Asia World Expo is in a completely different spot to the Airport Express train to the city, so we didn't want to bother with that either.

The next morning, I did find the shuttle from the hotel to the airport quite convenient. Leaves right from the lobby and drops you off right in front of departures.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by GenZ
I arrived late at night, and ended up just taking a cab to the hotel. Didn't bother with the shuttle bus as you've got to walk out to the parking lot and we were tired, signage showed that the train to Asia World Expo is in a completely different spot to the Airport Express train to the city, so we didn't want to bother with that either.

The next morning, I did find the shuttle from the hotel to the airport quite convenient. Leaves right from the lobby and drops you off right in front of departures.
The HK cabbies didn't complain about the short distance?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
The HK cabbies didn't complain about the short distance?
Haha this one surprisingly not! But had my fair share of cab drivers not willing to take short fares over the following days - ended up just using uber everywhere - much less hassle.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by Isochronous
What are they like with upgrades at this hotel? One of the advantages here seems to be that you don't need to be in a suite to have a bathtub.
1 night stay as Platinum Elite on a 12h layover, room upgrade from 2 Double Beds, Guest Room to 2 Double Beds, Sea View, Executive Lounge Access, Guest Room. The view was nice and the room has a bathtub/shower.
The lounge had no food except for two types of cookies and some dry, cold "curry pastry" when we got there around 8pm and the toilet in the lounge was dirty, bin overflowing with tissue etc. Clearly had not been cleaned for some time. I did not find the atmosphere in the lounge very inviting.

We left on the first airport shuttle bus at 5am, so too early to check out the breakfast. Hotel was aware of our arrival and departure times, did not offer any room service breakfast.

I found the matresses too soft for my taste and there must have been a plastic type mattress protector. It's easy to sweat in this kind of bed because not only do you sink into the soft mattress, the cheap mattress protector makes it less breathable.

I'd probably try somewhere else next time or book a longer layover to justify the trip to a nicer hotel.

The free shuttle to the hotel was easy to find at bus bay 12 near car park 1.

Bonvoy check-in staff was a trainee and while she was sweet and friendly, it was impossible to understand her English.

YariGuy and littlevoices like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
HK SkyCity

Just stayed here on a 1-day layover, EL was ok, good bar but cocktails/food close at 8,the EL is open to midnight. Nice small EL outside balcony on EL allows smoking!.
Breakfast buffet on first floor Bistro was fabulous (630-1030) elite option to this Bistro. Tasty cold salmon & cheese + fruits, & Chinese + western hot dishes.

HK is BACK, maybe an old cliche to the recovery, BUT it's true for the HKG airport area with all the new modern construction & bridge road to Macau.

This hotel will work the conference business in HK. No airport issues now, just crowded at peak times due to tourist uptick in Asia travelers.

Last edited by Jiatong; Nov 9, 2023 at 5:52 pm Reason: splng
Old Nov 10, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sheraton Tung Chung is nicer but not as many suites available as Sky City.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Stayed for a night as an ambassador, it was a short 12 hour "staycation" where I checked in at ~10pm and left at ~7am for an early flight. Upgrade was a nice big executive suite (newly done up). Can't complain as I would have had lounge access etc, if I had any time.

Observations:
  • Shuttle bus is every 30 minutes to the airport on the half hour (05:30, 06:00 etc), there are also buses to Tung Chung. Pick-up from the airport was about xx:10-xx:15 and then xx:40-xx:45. It was about the same as the shuttles to other hotels
  • The amount of construction work around means there is no way I would suggest walking (even from AsiaWorldExpo)
  • Bus takes about ten minutes to get each direction, due to the amount of construction/round-about route you need to take
  • Be careful of the buses at the hotel, there are multiple crew buses, as well as the two shuttles (airport, plus Tung Chung). I missed one as I was by a white bus with an open luggage compartment that turned out to be the wrong one!
I used to think of this as an "at airport" hotel, but honestly I think you may as well consider the Sheraton/Four points Tung Chung, as not much difference if you have to go walk to a distant bus point (5 minutes, not that bad), wait for up to 30 minutes and then get a coach that drives for ~10 minutes. Staff were nice and friendly though.

Schedule - November 2023
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I used to think of this as an "at airport" hotel, but honestly I think you may as well consider the Sheraton/Four points Tung Chung, as not much difference if you have to go walk to a distant bus point (5 minutes, not that bad), wait for up to 30 minutes and then get a coach that drives for ~10 minutes.
Or just take Airport Express into the city. That was my conclusion the one and only time I stayed here.
goodgirl and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Or just take Airport Express into the city. That was my conclusion the one and only time I stayed here.
Yes you are right, for prosperity of anyone else thinking of this option I believe either the W or the Ritz Carlton would be a good option.

(for context why I didn't, the new Marriott policy of denying points credit for a second room with a different check-out date, and different flight days, meant I "had" to move hotel anyway to get the ~USD2000 spend/points credit for the prior hotel. And then, since I had to move I thought I'd try this hotel again as its been a long time - I'm a HK resident so obviously there is no real reason to stop here (time from my flat to the airport door-to-door probably isn't that much more with a pre-arranged taxi, but was supporting a family member's trip.
Jiatong and Kacee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.