Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joakgarp
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:39 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by cln
another advice avoid: Croatian Airlines 3/4flights delayed and DBV/ZAG dont have business class lounge or at least they were closed for our afternoon flights
There are lounges at DBV and ZAG, maybe you went past them ?

Also 3/4 of the flights delayed can unfortunately be applied to many European airlines during peak summer time. ATC simply cannot cope with the number of flights these days around Europe - add some weather here and there and you have tons of delayed flights. I don't think OU are more to be blamed than any other European airline out there.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:39 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Dbv Lounge was closed, i didnt walk past it.
You couldnt access Zag lounge when transfering domestic. On the return we could have accessed it but because of the delay there was no time . None of my other summer flights with sas, Lh, etc had a delay so far this year. The food was the worst i ever had in c Intra Europe or actually anywhere.

But this ist the hotel thread. I can only recommend the hotel
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Some stuff that may be helpful:

- You can order coffee, fresh orange juice and ice cream :-) during breakfast hours. The cappuccino is a lot better compared to the machines.

- If you want to try out supetar restaurant or lungo mare. Ask nicely at the kids club before 10:30 am and get a 20% coupon for the same day. After that time the give them away as part of a pool game. You can get 10% off spa as well. We likes supetar.

- breakfast for 4 adults and 2 kids in two rooms as a plat was not a big issue, but I needed to ask

- late check out not a problem, but only confirmed only on the day of departure

- Roll away bet not charged for the kids

- The mall has a big supermarket and if you actually want to return botels you will have to do this at 8 am or 2 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Considering a Classic Suite room, that sleeps up to 3 adults.

Does anybody know if this suite has a sofa bed in the living room ?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
We were upgraded to a suite when we visited this property last summer. To my recollection, the sofa in the living room is only a sofa (not a bed). We requested some extra bedding and made a makeshift bed for my son (age 6), and he was comfy enough.

The suites are nice. Lots of storage. Full bathroom plus an extra toilet. Hallways are a little tight and convoluted, but perhaps the sleeps 3 designation is due to the availability of a rollaway option...?

Have a good stay. We are going back to this property July 2018 (booked before the category adjustment too effect...)

Originally Posted by raunow
Considering a Classic Suite room, that sleeps up to 3 adults.

Does anybody know if this suite has a sofa bed in the living room ?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Hotel blocks out rooms using points most of the summer

The Sheraton Dubrovnik shows no rooms available for points for all of July and August 2018. Basic room is available for cash every day. Rooms are also available for points every day in June and Sept.
Platinum desk is looking into this for me.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by avja
The Sheraton Dubrovnik shows no rooms available for points for all of July and August 2018. Basic room is available for cash every day. Rooms are also available for points every day in June and Sept.
Platinum desk is looking into this for me.
Did you have any luck? I also want to book a room with points in July 2018 and there's nothing available. I call shenanigans.

Talked to the plat folks and they will do a "rack override" and make it happen.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by jedison
Did you have any luck? I also want to book a room with points in July 2018 and there's nothing available. I call shenanigans.

Talked to the plat folks and they will do a "rack override" and make it happen.
That's what I did. They were able to book the room for me.
There was a little hitch. The hotel booked the wrong dates even though I clearly stated them in my email to the plat desk. I had to go back to get it corrected.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Spent 4 nights in early September - very happy overall. Booked as cat2 - has to be one of the best redemption values (weekend rates are around $250).

-the Sea around the hotel is more beautiful than I imagined. When sunny, it's perfectly turquoise. Plenty of spots within 10 minute walk to relax to the sound of waves, both in the sun and in shade.

-Food: we tried several restaurants within 15 minute walk. We like Puntizela the most (the lamb is awesome, and best service), followed by Supetar (cheap and big portions). We didn't get tired of the food. But the best thing has to be Peppino's ice cream in Old Town - best we ever had. Try the premium ice creams. Prices in both hotel area and Old Town are comparable to something like Venice - quite expensive. Hotel area restaurants are wide open for lunch but get busy for dinner.

-Old Town: it's VERY busy during the day, a bit better at night. It's worth it though, especially walking the ancient City Walls. The view from the fort outside the gates is another highlight (included in price of City Walls).

-Transportation: airport to hotel cost $12 by Uber. From hotel to Old Town we found a local driver who charged 40 kuna (about $6.5). We were very happy with the service and used him the whole time. We tried to take the bus one day and it was completely full, so be prepared to use alternative.

Overall, one of my most relaxing hotel stays. No upgrade as Gold.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Spent 3 nights here on a BRG. Unable to apply my SNAs but hotel upgraded me to a park view suite with 1.5 baths which was nice. Lovely hotel with great pool. Beach is all rocks which was disappointing.

I thought the buffet breakfast was the best of all 3 Croatia hotels we went to. Had to give up 500 pt amenity.

Platinum recognition was OK. Welcome gift was some truffles and a bottle of water. Also given a coupon for 20% off 2 drinks in the piano bar which we didn't end up using. Easy walk to the grocery store to pick up some cheap wine and snacks.

There is a boat taxi that you can take into the old city for 60 kuna one way, or 100 kuna round trip. We also did a day trip by bus to Montenegro (cities of Budva and Kotor) which was excellent.

Uber from the airport was 98 kuna.

Great hotel. I would happily go back.
flybyFIRE likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Any recent experience here guys? Looking at 4 nights in April, paid stay, basic room as Plat.

Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by strickers
Any recent experience here guys? Looking at 4 nights in April, paid stay, basic room as Plat.

Thanks.
Not really recent, but my week's stay during the last week of July in 2018 was very pleasant. I did not solicit or receive a suite upgrade, but I had a comfortable room overlooking the pool, mountains and ocean with a nice balcony. I believe all, or most, rooms have balconies, just the view is different. I echo margaritagirl's impressions and also used Uber to/from the small airport. The drive along the coast was spectacular. Easily the most picturesque trip to an airport I can ever recall. The Konzum supermarket was in the lower level of a small mall, a block and a half's walk, that also had a practical Müller pharmacy/dry goods/convenience/stationary store, as well as retail apparel outlets such as H&M and C&C. There is a beautiful promenade that highlights the bay's beaches where one can relax and enjoy an inexpensive casual or slightly more upscale meal at a good selection of eateries and bars. It was very family oriented in July, although in April, I'm not sure what the demographic will be, perhaps businessmen attending conferences. I so enjoyed my stay, that I booked an award stay for the last two weeks in July again this year. Room rates during the summer season are quite high, but the redemption rates were quite low if booked far enough in advance. The very low off-season rates lower the ADR significantly, but if Marriott uses a different formula than SPG did to assess hotel categories, then this will likely change. I'm really more of a city person, but there was something about the setting and the fresh pine scent along the promenade that brought back fond memories of summers spent in the Canadian Laurentian mountains during my childhood.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
We went end of August and the hotel was great. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the beach and the promenade area was with complimentary beach chairs/umbrellas to use. There were paddle boards and kayaks to rent a few feet down the promenade. There are restaurants/bars/snack/gelato places so food/drinks can be had for good prices. There are couple of restaurants by the bus stop which we found to be much better. The hotel itself is modern and the pool is nice and big but probably too cold in April. Uber was convenient except from the airport to the hotel, 3 – 4 Uber drivers didn’t come after they asked where we were going. We took the bus couple of times to the city but they didn’t come on schedule. I also took the boat from port to the hotel and that was convenient but it is pricier option compared to Uber if more than 2 people. If I am back in the area, I would definitely stay here again.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Thanks all.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
A few questions now that this hotel is part of Bonvoy.
(Just checking if anything has changed)

Does the hotel provide any kind of shuttle to/from the airport, or to/from the old town ?

Has it got a club lounge ?

Is this a normal Sheraton or does it still operate under the "RESORT" category ? (Important to know this when determining platinum/titanium benefits)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.