Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joakgarp
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
I LUV the Starwood Treatment!

Mr. Lukic, the GM is the nicest, down to earth, welcoming guy.

Truly appreciated on the upgrade to Presidential Suite and most especially the warmest and hospitable staffs one can ever meet.

He knows how to really make this Plat100 feel special with the hand written note, fruits, drinks waiting for me in the suite.

Highly recommended simply coz of their treatment towards their guests!
Attached Images    

Last edited by supatight80; Oct 21, 2016 at 3:06 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Mr. Lukic, the GM is the nicest, down to earth, welcoming guy.

Truly appreciated on the upgrade to Presidential Suite and most especially the warmest and hospitable staffs one can ever meet.

He knows how to really make this Plat100 feel special with the hand written note, fruits, drinks waiting for me in the suite.

Highly recommended simply coz of their treatment towards their guests!

Wow!! How did you get that ugrade!!!

I only got an exec suite...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the pics. Will definitely add this to my bucket list. ^
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Wow, it makes me want to be a better man!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Wow!! How did you get that ugrade!!!

I only got an exec suite...
Well...if you really have to know...private coaching lessons from Upgrade King and BRG queen
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supatight80
....private coaching lessons from Upgrade King and BRG queen
Where do I sign up?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:07 am

Very nice indeed - will try harder to plan more than a few weeks ahead and get a trip booked!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Booked a cash+points award here for this summer. Interestingly, the room description on the confirmation distinctly states "smoking room" even though the SPG agents insist their system shows the room as non-smoking. Received a nice confirmation from the hotel today that the entire property is, in fact, smoke free despite the erroneous room description.

As an aside, this property looks like a tremendous value. Was able to book a suite for just 4000 pts and $95 per night in the high-season.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Booked a cash+points award here for this summer. Interestingly, the room description on the confirmation distinctly states "smoking room" even though the SPG agents insist their system shows the room as non-smoking. Received a nice confirmation from the hotel today that the entire property is, in fact, smoke free despite the erroneous room description.

As an aside, this property looks like a tremendous value. Was able to book a suite for just 4000 pts and $95 per night in the high-season.

-FlyerBeek
i booked recently for mid-July and couldn't get any suites for either points or cash + points. also have a stay booked at le meridien in split. looking forward to my first croatia visit.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:09 pm

Booked with points here, pretty good redemption value for beginning of July $.05/point.

How far is the hotel from the main drag? Does the hotel offer a shuttle?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caburrito
Booked with points here, pretty good redemption value for beginning of July $.05/point.

How far is the hotel from the main drag? Does the hotel offer a shuttle?
You do know the hotel is NOT in Dubrovnik, don't you?

Use google map to give yourself a sense of the distance between the hotel and Dubrovnik old town if that is what you mean by the "main drag". BTW the main drag in the old town is VERY short.

No hotel does not provide shuttle because it is quite far away. You can take a bus from the main road about 5 min walk from the hotel, a ferry, or a taxi to go to old town. Frankly you should have a rental car to explore the nearby areas unless you plan to just relaxing at the hotel's ground which is not big but you could still stroll along the path along the shore and there are a few eateries along the way.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Happy
Frankly you should have a rental car to explore the nearby areas
Completely agree. There is so much to see and do that a car is mandatory IMHO. It's a very beautiful part of the world.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:38 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by stimpy
Completely agree. There is so much to see and do that a car is mandatory IMHO. It's a very beautiful part of the world.
Yes though apparently parking in summer is difficult to find in downtown Dubrovnik. An Uber or taxi for that reason might be a good idea, especially considering the parking garage is both expensive and a good 10 minute walk from the old part.

I'd personally say, yes get a car and drive around. A drive up to Split is also worthwhile (though I'd say stay up there too) - the road is very scenic.

The Sheraton is half-way between the airport and Dubrovnik, it's modern and nice and in a new neighbourhood, but not much to see and do there except the hotel itself. A car will therefore be useful.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GVA
Yes though apparently parking in summer is difficult to find in downtown Dubrovnik.
I think it's pretty easy to park along the upper road that looks down into Dubrovnik. I did exactly that. Or you can stay at the Hilton and use their lot. And going to Split for dinner a couple times wasn't too difficult to find parking, although it is busy!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
The hotel doesn't have a shuttle but when we stayed last summer they did have a car service that was only like $12 each way. Drivers were great, cars were very nice, and it was so much easier to just have them pick us up at the gate after a night out in town. We had a rental car for our week driving around Croatia but never took it to go into Dubrovnik. The car service even took us to Cave Bar at Hotel More for the same price. Oh, and you could bill it to the room for more Starpoints too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.