Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:44 am

I actually ate and drank at this property, which is very rare for me. The taco truck out front was great and had a few beverages/snacks at the pool. Prices were not exorbitant. Also ate one dinner there with family They came around the pool and offered 50% off. I don't remember getting this credit when I stayed there in June. That's a nice addition.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 30k
Just checked in and can confirm that platinums get free breakfast and the $10 f&b credit. Attaching the Platinum Elite welcome card I received at check in. We were also upgraded to a suite. It appears suites are on the ground floor with pool access.
When we were there last summer, we got a 2-bedroom suite upgrade on an upper floor. We originally booked 2 rooms with points. They were exceptional with customer service.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

Another update since we are checking out today.

We only did two nights here, and honestly, I wouldn’t want to stay any longer. The Platinum recognition is very nice, but the breakfast is not good, and I certainly wouldn’t pay for it if it weren’t free. We were really looking forward to breakfast based on previous reviews, but the quality of the food really leaves a lot to be desired. Most juices are not fresh and they are all very diluted. Even the orange juice tastes like a very watery Tang.

In short, my pros/cons list:
Pros:
- great Plat recognition, received upgrade, free breakfast, $10 f&b per person per day
- convenient location, free shuttle service to town or the beach
- first floor suites have direct pool access

cons:
- breakfast tastes terrible, despite a large spread
- the first floor suites are small
- only one pool, so it gets very crowded and can be hard to find a lounger

I’ll post a more detailed review on my site in the coming weeks. I’m still playing catch up on the resorts I hit before I got here. But hopefully this is helpful to others considering the Courtyard Seminyak. I probably wouldn’t come back.
cwang220 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 30k
Another update since we are checking out today.

We only did two nights here, and honestly, I wouldn’t want to stay any longer. The Platinum recognition is very nice, but the breakfast is not good, and I certainly wouldn’t pay for it if it weren’t free. We were really looking forward to breakfast based on previous reviews, but the quality of the food really leaves a lot to be desired. Most juices are not fresh and they are all very diluted. Even the orange juice tastes like a very watery Tang.

In short, my pros/cons list:
Pros:
- great Plat recognition, received upgrade, free breakfast, $10 f&b per person per day
- convenient location, free shuttle service to town or the beach
- first floor suites have direct pool access

cons:
- the first floor suites are small
- only one pool, so it gets very crowded and can be hard to find a lounger

I’ll post a more detailed review on my site in the coming weeks. I’m still playing catch up on the resorts I hit before I got here. But hopefully this is helpful to others considering the Courtyard Seminyak. I probably wouldn’t come back.
Does the pool get sunshine or is it shaded? Could you just sunbathe there instead of going to the beach?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by 30k

cons:
I am surprised and sorry to hear this. The breakfast offerings were so varied, I'm shocked that you couldn't find something that was suitable. We stayed there for three days and did not try half of them. We mainly stuck with the Asian and Balinese offerings, of which there were several and changed daily, and the fresh pastries. We didn't go with the omelettes or eggs cooked to order and pretty much avoided the standard English-breakfast fare, but they were quite popular.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
Does the pool get sunshine or is it shaded? Could you just sunbathe there instead of going to the beach?
There wasn’t a lot of shade at the pool. There were loungers all around it where you could sunbathe, but they got claimed pretty early in the day. The hotel was very crowded, so we had a tough time finding a vacant lounger after breakfast.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by gora14
I am surprised and sorry to hear this. The breakfast offerings were so varied, I'm shocked that you couldn't find something that was suitable. We stayed there for three days and did not try half of them. We mainly stuck with the Asian and Balinese offerings, of which there were several and changed daily, and the fresh pastries. We didn't go with the omelettes or eggs cooked to order and pretty much avoided the standard English-breakfast fare, but they were quite popular.
Yeah, I think the issue was just that everything seemed to be soggy, rubbery, stale, or badly repurposed leftovers from the previous day. I’ll note that we didn’t try a ton of the western food options, so this mostly applies to the Asian offerings (I much prefer Asian over western food). We’ve just never had an issue finding something palatable at breakfasts even at category 1 properties — so this was a first for us.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
5 day stay Seminyak holiday mid-March. The price is right and the location is right but the reviews highlighting the noise isn't right. The general consensus is the excess of families and tour groups isn't conducive to peace and quiet. The Aloft north of Seminyak would be a good option with the exception of the location. Solo traveler with little patience for the noise assorted with tour groups and families. The street view rooms would avoid the pool area but the end result is the street noise. But am I off base and would the opportunity exist for peace and quiet. Based on the current situation I may have the hotel to myself, though. The flights are via TPE and HKG and no cancellations to date. No interest in pools or alcohol, for reference.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
5 day stay Seminyak holiday mid-March. The price is right and the location is right but the reviews highlighting the noise isn't right. The general consensus is the excess of families and tour groups isn't conducive to peace and quiet. The Aloft north of Seminyak would be a good option with the exception of the location. Solo traveler with little patience for the noise assorted with tour groups and families. The street view rooms would avoid the pool area but the end result is the street noise. But am I off base and would the opportunity exist for peace and quiet. Based on the current situation I may have the hotel to myself, though. The flights are via TPE and HKG and no cancellations to date. No interest in pools or alcohol, for reference.
I was there last June. The hotel was fully booked when we checked in and we had a poolside room. We were there over the weekend. To be honest, I didn't notice any noise. The poolside was quiet, even though it did get crowded during the day, but not until at least 10:00 when the sun came up. There were a few kids, but not many, maybe two or three at a time. There was a poolside bar, but only maybe a dozen people there at a time, and they were quiet. The loudest thing was the waterfall that dumped into the pool. The only significant noise was on Saturday evening at about 7:00 or so, when they had some sort of Balinese dance-music thing that lasted for an hour. The pool emptied out when the Sun went down and at night it wasn't even lit and the pool area was completely deserted. On Sunday, the hotel seemed empty (we assumed because the tour groups left) and it was very quiet. The groups there were primarily Russian and Australian when we were there. I am sure that things can vary drastically, depending on date and which sort of groups might show up, but noise was not an issue for us.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gora14
I was there last June. The hotel was fully booked when we checked in and we had a poolside room. We were there over the weekend. To be honest, I didn't notice any noise. The poolside was quiet, even though it did get crowded during the day, but not until at least 10:00 when the sun came up. There were a few kids, but not many, maybe two or three at a time. There was a poolside bar, but only maybe a dozen people there at a time, and they were quiet. The loudest thing was the waterfall that dumped into the pool. The only significant noise was on Saturday evening at about 7:00 or so, when they had some sort of Balinese dance-music thing that lasted for an hour. The pool emptied out when the Sun went down and at night it wasn't even lit and the pool area was completely deserted. On Sunday, the hotel seemed empty (we assumed because the tour groups left) and it was very quiet. The groups there were primarily Russian and Australian when we were there. I am sure that things can vary drastically, depending on date and which sort of groups might show up, but noise was not an issue for us.
We were there in July and it was the same. I didn’t notice any noise. Maybe it was the time of year though.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:53 pm

Any recent post-covid experiences for platinums?
Old May 4, 2023, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Any recent post-covid experiences for platinums?
Stayed here as Titanium in June 2022 and would generally agree with the reviews above.
Upgrade: booked basic room (1 person), upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite
Room: OK
Breakfast: not bad, but nothing special - all the usual stuff and not much else, also gets very crowded at peak times
Pool: often crowded (obviously), not enough loungers

Would book again: yes as long as it's good value for money (not sure at current prices).
Old May 6, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
As Platinum, got a 1-bedroom suite confirmed in app a week in advance. Was a pool view, rather than pool access, which is a higher category but has less privacy. Was very happy with the room: much better than our faded suite at the Westin Much of the positives mentioned upthread check out for me. Everyone who works here seems to really dig their job and are an absolute pleasure to interact with. They run a tight ship and are borderline understaffed, so I did have to remind and re-request things on a couple occasions. I did NOT get breakfast AND a $10/day credit; rather, the credit was applied to daily breakfast, so either this has changed recent-ish, or my lousy luck with elite breakfast benefit at CY continues... In any event, the credit can't be applied to booze, so I have no idea what I would have spent it on. For me, the breakfast is good... almost very good, but "Bali's Best Breakfast" (as touted in the hotel's brekkie-included package. C'mon guys...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.