FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1600448-courtyard-bali-seminyak-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock Aug 5, 2014 11:27 am

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Noticed on Marriott's website a new CY opened up in Bali. Category 5.

"Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak

A step away from Bali’s lively beaches, the brand new 290-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel features an expansive lagoon pool and a whole new concept of dining.

Located right in the heart of Seminyak, around the famous dining, shopping and entertainment scenes, be amazed as you explore Bali’s vibrant beach culture, bustling nightlife, and picturesque landscapes.

Guests will receive complimentary Wifi, access to our 24hour fitness center and Zanti The Retreat for refreshing body and facial treatments.

Located only a stones throw away from famous Seminyak Beach and the Oberoi dining scene, the stylish rooms and suites come complete with their own private balcony or garden terrace, a 42” smart TV, comfortable working desk with chair, iPod dock, and modern amenities. Suites offer extra space with their own living room and dining area, along with the convenience of having connecting doors to another deluxe room, perfect for family holidays.

This urban resort offers a little oasis in the middle of busy Seminyak with facilities including an expansive lagoon pool, Kids Club, a 24-hour fitness centre, Zanti – The Retreat, and state of the art meeting and breakout spaces catering up to 350 people - ideal for business meetings, private functions and intimate weddings. Guests will have privilege to valet service, shuttles to and from the resort to the beach and Oberoi Eat Street and high-speed internet access throughout the hotel.

Executive Chef Billy Costoglou will take guests on a culinary journey with a brand new breakfast experience at Seminyak Kitchen, serving up a diverse all-day breakfast menu to suit all tastes. Guests can also enjoy a wide range of a light bites and cocktail menu at the Pool Bar and Lounge."

bbmatt Sep 8, 2014 5:17 pm

the location of this seems great and I just saw a travelzoo voucher for it.

any one have any experience?

lingua101 Sep 9, 2014 4:27 am

Originally Posted by bbmatt (Post 23495603)

I will be there in less than 3 weeks time (26-29 Sep). I will write back then and post something in my blog

SkiAdcock Sep 9, 2014 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23497649)
I will be there in less than 3 weeks time (26-29 Sep). I will write back then and post something in my blog

Would appreciate you posting here as well.

Cheers.

msNJV Sep 9, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt (Post 23495603)

this may sound newb, but I don't want to take any chances. Question is: Since this is a paid night, it counts towards night/elite nights right?

bbmatt Sep 10, 2014 9:29 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23497649)

I'll be in bali oct 3-6 and have a backup reservation at the stones in legion!

please let us know! I will switch if the courtyard is nice!

OsoJoe Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm

I don't have any experiences at the hotel itself but I can say that Seminyak is a great area to stay in. It has a good beach, great shops and restaurants. It's a good balance between the party scene of Kuta and the master planed Nusa Dua area.

bbmatt Sep 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by OsoJoe (Post 23506689)
I don't have any experiences at the hotel itself but I can say that Seminyak is a great area to stay in. It has a good beach, great shops and restaurants. It's a good balance between the party scene of Kuta and the master planed Nusa Dua area.

Yup, i'm between the courtyard, the royal beach (accor hotel - have status there too) in seminyak, the stones in legion or this other boutique hotel in seminyak.

rebadc Sep 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt (Post 23504663)
I'll be in bali oct 3-6 and have a backup reservation at the stones in legion!

please let us know! I will switch if the courtyard is nice!

I would ditch the Stones, read plenty of discusssions on this "resort" which is really a business hotel across from a dirty beach. Good breakfest though, waffles and ice cream....

myperks Jan 2, 2015 10:58 am

Any new (first) reviews for this property since it opened? Starting to plan a trip and deciding between the different properties. Thanks.

SkiAdcock Jan 2, 2015 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 24088823)
Any new (first) reviews for this property since it opened? Starting to plan a trip and deciding between the different properties. Thanks.

You might PM the FTer that said s/he was going to stay in late September & ask him/her to do a report on the thread if s/he did stay there.

Cheers.

puddiemel Mar 1, 2015 7:46 pm

Will be there later this month. Will do a trip report once I'm back.

chavala Jul 29, 2015 10:16 am

hey guys, where are the promised trip reports?

msNJV Jul 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Stayed here for 3 nights around April 1st week. Staff were amazing and even did the check in inside the room (a first for me as a silver elite then). I remember they had macaroons and strawberries as a welcome gift. When we saw them the next day they were really sorry that they didn't give us fruit pops and iced tea when we arrived, which I think was a really nice gesture.

Facilities wise: clean and proper. Servings during breakfast were imo top notch. They different kinds of fresh juice and an amazing buffet spread.

We also opt for a driver from Marriott to take us around Ubud. This saved us the hassle of negotiating with drivers outside the hotel and maybe get a not so comfortable car. It was scorching hot so the car that we got was worth every penny. We heard stories from other people getting a good rate but dying inside the car as it had no AC or driver just disappearing.

Tips: Ask for a room facing the middle of the pool, or a room near the elevators as it can be a long walk from reception depending on where youre located.

edit: check my ig: msnjv. I posted pics of Courtyard Seminyak

TrAAveller Jul 29, 2015 3:39 pm

FYI, Uber is alive and well in Seminyak and Kuta. Each time I used it, I got a brand new car with amazing A/C and the price was ridiculously cheap compared to what the hotel could arrange or what I could negotiate with a old taxi car. The Uber from the airport to the hotel was a easy Rp 61,000 ($4.50 USD). The hotel shuttle service is $20 USD.

I also stayed here recently and the rooms were really nice and clean and comfy!

Originally Posted by msNJV (Post 25191930)
We also opt for a driver from Marriott to take us around Ubud. This saved us the hassle of negotiating with drivers outside the hotel and maybe get a not so comfortable car. It was scorching hot so the car that we got was worth every penny. We heard stories from other people getting a good rate but dying inside the car as it had no AC or driver just disappearing.

Tips: Ask for a room facing the middle of the pool, or a room near the elevators as it can be a long walk from reception depending on where youre located.

edit: check my ig: msnjv. I posted pics of Courtyard Seminyak