Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Old Aug 5, 14, 12:27 pm
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,648
Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]

Noticed on Marriott's website a new CY opened up in Bali. Category 5.

"Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak

A step away from Bali’s lively beaches, the brand new 290-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel features an expansive lagoon pool and a whole new concept of dining.

Located right in the heart of Seminyak, around the famous dining, shopping and entertainment scenes, be amazed as you explore Bali’s vibrant beach culture, bustling nightlife, and picturesque landscapes.

Guests will receive complimentary Wifi, access to our 24hour fitness center and Zanti The Retreat for refreshing body and facial treatments.

Located only a stones throw away from famous Seminyak Beach and the Oberoi dining scene, the stylish rooms and suites come complete with their own private balcony or garden terrace, a 42” smart TV, comfortable working desk with chair, iPod dock, and modern amenities. Suites offer extra space with their own living room and dining area, along with the convenience of having connecting doors to another deluxe room, perfect for family holidays.

This urban resort offers a little oasis in the middle of busy Seminyak with facilities including an expansive lagoon pool, Kids Club, a 24-hour fitness centre, Zanti – The Retreat, and state of the art meeting and breakout spaces catering up to 350 people - ideal for business meetings, private functions and intimate weddings. Guests will have privilege to valet service, shuttles to and from the resort to the beach and Oberoi Eat Street and high-speed internet access throughout the hotel.

Executive Chef Billy Costoglou will take guests on a culinary journey with a brand new breakfast experience at Seminyak Kitchen, serving up a diverse all-day breakfast menu to suit all tastes. Guests can also enjoy a wide range of a light bites and cocktail menu at the Pool Bar and Lounge."
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Sep 8, 14, 6:17 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, IC Plat Amb
Posts: 557
the location of this seems great and I just saw a travelzoo voucher for it.

any one have any experience?
bbmatt is offline  
Old Sep 9, 14, 5:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SIN
Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Posts: 3,736
Originally Posted by bbmatt View Post
the location of this seems great and I just saw a travelzoo voucher for it.

any one have any experience?
I will be there in less than 3 weeks time (26-29 Sep). I will write back then and post something in my blog
lingua101 is offline  
Old Sep 9, 14, 8:30 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,648
Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
I will be there in less than 3 weeks time (26-29 Sep). I will write back then and post something in my blog
Would appreciate you posting here as well.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Sep 9, 14, 4:09 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by bbmatt View Post
the location of this seems great and I just saw a travelzoo voucher for it.

any one have any experience?
this may sound newb, but I don't want to take any chances. Question is: Since this is a paid night, it counts towards night/elite nights right?
msNJV is offline  
Old Sep 10, 14, 10:29 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, IC Plat Amb
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
I will be there in less than 3 weeks time (26-29 Sep). I will write back then and post something in my blog
I'll be in bali oct 3-6 and have a backup reservation at the stones in legion!

please let us know! I will switch if the courtyard is nice!
bbmatt is offline  
Old Sep 10, 14, 4:40 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 109
I don't have any experiences at the hotel itself but I can say that Seminyak is a great area to stay in. It has a good beach, great shops and restaurants. It's a good balance between the party scene of Kuta and the master planed Nusa Dua area.
OsoJoe is offline  
Old Sep 10, 14, 5:47 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, IC Plat Amb
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by OsoJoe View Post
I don't have any experiences at the hotel itself but I can say that Seminyak is a great area to stay in. It has a good beach, great shops and restaurants. It's a good balance between the party scene of Kuta and the master planed Nusa Dua area.
Yup, i'm between the courtyard, the royal beach (accor hotel - have status there too) in seminyak, the stones in legion or this other boutique hotel in seminyak.
bbmatt is offline  
Old Sep 11, 14, 2:13 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UAE
Programs: Marriott LTP, IHG Spire
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by bbmatt View Post
I'll be in bali oct 3-6 and have a backup reservation at the stones in legion!

please let us know! I will switch if the courtyard is nice!
I would ditch the Stones, read plenty of discusssions on this "resort" which is really a business hotel across from a dirty beach. Good breakfest though, waffles and ice cream....
rebadc is offline  
Old Jan 2, 15, 11:58 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,581
Any new (first) reviews for this property since it opened? Starting to plan a trip and deciding between the different properties. Thanks.
myperks is offline  
Old Jan 2, 15, 1:40 pm
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,648
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
Any new (first) reviews for this property since it opened? Starting to plan a trip and deciding between the different properties. Thanks.
You might PM the FTer that said s/he was going to stay in late September & ask him/her to do a report on the thread if s/he did stay there.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Mar 1, 15, 8:46 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold
Posts: 55
Will be there later this month. Will do a trip report once I'm back.
puddiemel is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:16 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,418
hey guys, where are the promised trip reports?
chavala is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 2:36 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Posts: 66
Stayed here for 3 nights around April 1st week. Staff were amazing and even did the check in inside the room (a first for me as a silver elite then). I remember they had macaroons and strawberries as a welcome gift. When we saw them the next day they were really sorry that they didn't give us fruit pops and iced tea when we arrived, which I think was a really nice gesture.

Facilities wise: clean and proper. Servings during breakfast were imo top notch. They different kinds of fresh juice and an amazing buffet spread.

We also opt for a driver from Marriott to take us around Ubud. This saved us the hassle of negotiating with drivers outside the hotel and maybe get a not so comfortable car. It was scorching hot so the car that we got was worth every penny. We heard stories from other people getting a good rate but dying inside the car as it had no AC or driver just disappearing.

Tips: Ask for a room facing the middle of the pool, or a room near the elevators as it can be a long walk from reception depending on where youre located.

edit: check my ig: msnjv. I posted pics of Courtyard Seminyak
msNJV is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 4:39 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 221
FYI, Uber is alive and well in Seminyak and Kuta. Each time I used it, I got a brand new car with amazing A/C and the price was ridiculously cheap compared to what the hotel could arrange or what I could negotiate with a old taxi car. The Uber from the airport to the hotel was a easy Rp 61,000 ($4.50 USD). The hotel shuttle service is $20 USD.

I also stayed here recently and the rooms were really nice and clean and comfy!

Originally Posted by msNJV View Post
We also opt for a driver from Marriott to take us around Ubud. This saved us the hassle of negotiating with drivers outside the hotel and maybe get a not so comfortable car. It was scorching hot so the car that we got was worth every penny. We heard stories from other people getting a good rate but dying inside the car as it had no AC or driver just disappearing.

Tips: Ask for a room facing the middle of the pool, or a room near the elevators as it can be a long walk from reception depending on where youre located.

edit: check my ig: msnjv. I posted pics of Courtyard Seminyak
TrAAveller is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: