Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
I wish this place would take reservations a year out.
As long as their are consistent in their release of bookings, does it really matter if it is 6 months, 9 months or a year?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As long as their are consistent in their release of bookings, does it really matter if it is 6 months, 9 months or a year?
Consistency with industry norms is ^

And it appears their calendar opens ~5 months out.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Avianca Liifemiles Gold, SPG Gold, LanPass Premium Silver, IHG Gold, Amex Platinum
Unannounced category change?

I noticed that this property (Courtyard Ginza) is listed as a Category 7 now, as is the Tokyo Station location. I'm pretty sure they used to be a Category 6 until recently, and I don't remember an announcement... That's pretty annoying...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by filean
I noticed that this property (Courtyard Ginza) is listed as a Category 7 now, as is the Tokyo Station location. I'm pretty sure they used to be a Category 6 until recently, and I don't remember an announcement... That's pretty annoying...
Are you positive they were a 6 recently? Marriott occasionally does unannounced changes, but it's not the norm.

Cheers.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
When I booked an award stay here last December, it was a cat 7, so it didn't change this year.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm here right now and I'm VERY impressed by the property. Easilyone of if not the best Courtyard I've stayed at, room design, breakfast quality and elite recognition (upgrade & free breakfast as Gold) all top notch. Will definitely come back.
Totally agree that this is NOT like the courtyards in the US (thank goodness)
They also have one of the best concierges (in a CY no less!) , who is totally willing to give local recs as well as the "usual" higher end ones.
I did find the plat benefits at the CY tokyo station MUCH better - breakfast many more choices, some made to order, happy hour also much more generous - but I didn't find the area as convenient/attractive as Ginza, Nevertheless it is great to have 2 mid priced options in Tokyo!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: Avianca Liifemiles Gold, SPG Gold, LanPass Premium Silver, IHG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are you positive they were a 6 recently? Marriott occasionally does unannounced changes, but it's not the norm.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
When I booked an award stay here last December, it was a cat 7, so it didn't change this year.
You're right. The Ginza location has been a Cat 7 for a while. The Tokyo Station was a Cat 6 though (I checked my confirmation email), and now it's a Cat 7.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:44 pm

Yes, I noticed that CY Tokyo Station had an unannounced change in Aug 17. I'm still holding a Cat 6 booking so I know.

Ginza has been Cat 7 for a while tho.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:20 am

Courtyard Tokyo Station vs Ginza in August

Planning first trip to Japan in the second of half of August, and looking for advice on hotel. Travelling with wife and a 9yo, arriving at NRT and departing from HND. We have a 7 night cert for Marriott so I was thinking using it on either Courtyard in Tokyo. They seem pretty close together and same category, so I'm not sure which to choose. We'll be spending a few days in Kyoto as well, so easier connections to Shinkansen would be a plus.

Appreciate any feedback!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I don't know either of those two properties (I'm a former Hilton, now Hilton+SPG user), so I can't comment on your actual question, but does your cert require you to use Courtyard properties? There are some higher end Marriott properties in Tokyo that might yield better value, if location near Tokyo station is not critical to you.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
I stayed at the Courtyard Ginza about 3 years ago. Courtyard in Japan is higher end than Courtyard in the US. As gold, we had a complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning and drinks in the evening in the lobby bar. The location was great for our sightseeing in Tokyo - close access to subways. Also, the bus from Narita stops at this hotel.
There are several threads on Marriott properties in Japan to review on FT. Tokyo and Kyoto are amazing! Enjoy!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by angra
I don't know either of those two properties (I'm a former Hilton, now Hilton+SPG user), so I can't comment on your actual question, but does your cert require you to use Courtyard properties? There are some higher end Marriott properties in Tokyo that might yield better value, if location near Tokyo station is not critical to you.
It's really any Marriott but higher category would require additional points. I did forget to mention that I will be Marriott Gold for this trip.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by viracocha
easier connections to Shinkansen would be a plus.
Courtyard Tokyo Station is a couple of blocks from Tokyo Station (Yaesu Entrance), which is where you'll take the train to Kyoto. You can also get buses to and from NRT at the Yaesu side of Tokyo station. In the heat and humidity of August, however, that two block walk can seem like torture (especially with luggage). You might prefer to take a cab than to put your wife and child through that experience.
The Tokyo Station property is much more modern than the Courtyard. I haven't looked at Tripadvisor reviews, but I would expect them to be positive for that reason.
The immediate environs of both properties are meh. But you can walk to restaurants etc. in Ginza from both properties. From the Tokyo Station hotel you can also easily reach the Tokyo Station complex of restaurants etc.

To connect to HND, you could get a cab from Ginza to Hamamatsucho and take the monorail from there. Cab from Tokyo to Hamamatsucho might be a little further, but do-able. *(Or you can get the Yamanote line from Tokyo station).

Overall, I'd lean toward the Courtyard Tokyo Station.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
What about The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection ?

It is only Category higher 7/8 but maybe it is worth it (not been in Tokyo just planning my own trip) as the Train Station to the airports etc. is right next door and the rooms seem to be way bigger than the Courtyard ones.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by blitzen
What about The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection ?

It is only Category higher 7/8 but maybe it is worth it (not been in Tokyo just planning my own trip) as the Train Station to the airports etc. is right next door and the rooms seem to be way bigger than the Courtyard ones.
Hi,

I stayed here for 4 nights in Jan this year ( a very good hotel) and my review can be found here;;

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...wer-tokyo-1761

I think since then they have opened an executive lounge and the fitness centre does have a usage fee unless you are Gold or platinum)

The japanese garden shared between the various prince hotels in the area is very nice and relaxing.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.