Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Originally Posted by cmp03
I stayed at The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo last year as platinum. Not sure if I got an upgraded room but i picked macaroons and sparkling saki off list instead of points, had a fruit basket in room waiting for me, and free breakfast buffet. Really nice hotel and located right across the street from train station. Good alternative if Courtyard isn't available. I believe it cost more points but it was all I could find when I looked.
I've stayed here last year as a PP for 2 nights before I flew out of HND. The room I had was nice; big and oversized shower and tub which was very welcoming after some of the places I stayed earlier on that trip through Japan.

However, I didn't like the fact that amenities (gym, pool, Jacuzzi, quiet rooms) all were an additional cost on top of my room rate.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
Completed a stay here last week, late arrival no status. Hotel is located closest to the Higashi-Ginza station. Google maps told me to get off at Ginza and it was a long walk in the dark with luggage.

Room was clean and comfortable, window faced interior and wasn't very enticing to look at so blinds remained closed. Definitely one of the better Courtyard's out there.

It's worth noting that the Toiletries are awful, like Motel level bad in my opinion. I'm not a soap snob at all but these were actually really bad. I'm glad I remembered to bring some of the own.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a charge for everyone to use the gym here? I didn't even know the hotel had a pool?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a charge for everyone to use the gym here? I didn't even know the hotel had a pool?
its chargable when i stayed in 2012. since its under the same management, im not surprised if there is a charge
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Contact the property via email or Twitter & report back. Things might have changed in 4 years.

Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your advice.
I have tried to book the Courtyard Ginza but does not seem to have any vacancies mid july 2017.
Are rooms only released 6 or 7 months ahead or is this a really busy time?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Originally Posted by ozflier
Hi,
Thanks for your advice.
I have tried to book the Courtyard Ginza but does not seem to have any vacancies mid july 2017.
Are rooms only released 6 or 7 months ahead or is this a really busy time?
Most likely they don't have rooms released or there is some type of project/construction/etc. that is holding up their release of rooms. Last year I had a meeting at the hotel and I tried to book my room there about 6 months out and it showed 'unavailable'. I was able to book right under 6 months out without issue.

While I've frequented this hotel many times, sometimes it's hard to book rooms too far in advance due to many issues. I believe the hotel has approximately 160 rooms, but I heard from the front desk that about 40 of them are only occupied as an absolute last resort as they are too small for most guests expecting a Marriott-sized room.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:21 pm

Thank you fot that.
I would happy enough with the Tokyo Station Courtyard but I like the idea of the direct NRT bus at the Ginza,
I'll hold off for a month or so.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Here at the CY Ginza now and I find no sign of either a pool/jacuzzi ora charge for the gym. No signs posted that I can see and my room key opened the fitness center door.

Maybe the charges mentioned upthread were for The Prince Sakura Tower?

ETA: welcome letter and elite benefits at CY Ginza
Attached Images  

Last edited by rustykettel; Jan 22, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Y40,000/night near the end of March. Guess I'm going to try the Tokyo Station property for the 1st time.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:13 pm

I have been checking weekly for availability in July for several months now - still nothing showing up.
Has anyone else had any luck?
Looks like we will need to stay at the Tokyo Station Courtyard.My major issue is getting to / from Narita. The Ginza shuttle seems so much easier.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
They probably haven't loaded inventory. Make your back up ressie, but keep checking for this property.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
The pattern at the Ginza CY is that they load award inventory about two months in advance.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:38 pm

Bookings now available for July 2017.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:34 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Is this hotel walkable to Tsukiji market? I'm assuming there's no breakfast for platinum so perhaps rise early for sushi at the Tsukiji market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.