Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I stayed here for one night this past January using a free night award. I had wanted to stay at the Courtyard nearest to Tokyo Station, but it had no availability for an award stay, so I booked the one in Ginza, which is not all that far away.

The hotel itself is pretty ordinary looking and the rooms are nondescript and not very large, but larger than the Courtyard near Tokyo Station. As a Platinum member, we were given a choice of two food items and two drinks from a small menu at check-in. We ordered the Club Sandwich and Cheese Plate with crackers and cold cuts as well as two small bottles of wine (the size that you get on an airline in economy). They were brought up to our room about 30 minutes after check-in. Overall, it was reasonably filling and who can argue with free.

The breakfast buffet was quite an incredible spread and its free for Platinums. There was an omelet station along with another station, which I don't remeber what it was serving. Quite an unexpected treat at this smallish business hotel.

The location is really good, in between Shimbashi and Ginza Crossing, and is only 35,000 points per night, not bad for Tokyo. The Courtyard Tokyo Station has since been elevated to a Category 6 hotel, so the Courtyard Ginza is still a bargain.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does the hotel still have the "Handy" smartphones in the room, which guests can use around town to make free international calls or access WiFi points?
I did not notice a "Handy" smartphone in my room, so either it's no longer there or I missed it. How long ago did you see it there?

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Mar 5, 2020 at 1:13 am Reason: Formatting
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:40 am

workplace bullying at the check-in counter

Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Ginza

1 Review | 0% Recommended

6-14-10 Ginza Chuo-ku Tokyo, JP 104-0000

workplace bullying at the check-in counter (0 Photo)

Check In

At check-in, it took a long time for a young person to find my record. Then a person who seemed to be the person in charge yelled at the young person in charge.
It took less than a minute to say that it took time.I was quite surprised because I understand Japanese.

This hotel is operated by Tobu Hotel Management.
In Japan, it is reported that embezzlement cases and workplace bullying are rampant in Tobu Hotel Management.
I felt that was the case.
I will never stay again.

workplace bullying at the check-in counter

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Ginza?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 21, 2022, 3:21 am

I'm an IHG gold member, is anybody know will I receive free breakfast if I stay to the hotel ?
Old May 21, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chris Fong
I'm an IHG gold member, is anybody know will I receive free breakfast if I stay to the hotel ?
Marriott Gold no longer has breakfast as a perk, need minimum Platinum for that. I think the Ginza Courtyard in the past did offer full breakfast but I am not sure now.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Marriott Gold no longer has breakfast as a perk, need minimum Platinum for that. I think the Ginza Courtyard in the past did offer full breakfast but I am not sure now.
It did, but never to IHG elites
Old May 21, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Smiley90
It did, but never to IHG elites
I ignored that part as a slip of mind. Which is why I wrote Marriott Gold very specifically....
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Chris Fong
My mistake, I should said Marriot Gold
Old May 29, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
is this hotel is still part of Marriott? All dates this year from June onward are not available on points for a single night.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
is this hotel is still part of Marriott? All dates this year from June onward are not available on points for a single night.
I think it is closed for renovation. I can't remember the exact start dates though.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:49 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Hi FTers,
Has anyone stayed here after the renovation? how's the experience?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by KKD
Hi FTers,
Has anyone stayed here after the renovation? how's the experience?
https://www.pipinobu.com/entry/court...za-room-report
Here's a report writen in Japanese. It seems that they only renovated the room. The bathroom is still too old, much worse than local new hotels only 1/3 of its price.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shinwar
Here's a report writen in Japanese. It seems that they only renovated the room. The bathroom is still too old, much worse than local new hotels only 1/3 of its price.
I am not sure that they did nothing at all with the bathroom, but certain parts of the bones seem to be unchanged. Considering that last I checked a price for the AC next door that was about 50,000 yen, I hope that the CY is not 150K.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Shinwar
Agreed totally. This hotel was not my go to pre renovation and they now only did this half renovation... a hard pass for me.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
Checked in for 5 nights and it exceeded expectations. Rooms are on smaller side (tight bathrooms that were not materially updated), but very nice finishes in the room and lobby, new appliances (fridge, kettle) and USB-C in wall charging.

Was very pleasantly surprised that they offered daily breakfast as an amenity at check-in (sounded like this is limited time only) which is above and beyond Courtyard brand standard for elite breakfast (Titanium member).

Agreed with past posters that the cash price was obscene (I think it hovered around ¥50k-60k/night), especially with Sakura season, but at 38,000 points/night, I felt this was a bargain for Tokyo.
dw likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Checked in for 5 nights and it exceeded expectations. Rooms are on smaller side (tight bathrooms that were not materially updated), but very nice finishes in the room and lobby, new appliances (fridge, kettle) and USB-C in wall charging.

Was very pleasantly surprised that they offered daily breakfast as an amenity at check-in (sounded like this is limited time only) which is above and beyond Courtyard brand standard for elite breakfast (Titanium member).

Agreed with past posters that the cash price was obscene (I think it hovered around ¥50k-60k/night), especially with Sakura season, but at 38,000 points/night, I felt this was a bargain for Tokyo.
Sounds like a good option for a basic hotel room in Ginza at 38,000 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.